IGNORED

Hitchin Town on Sky sports news

phantom

• Admin

One to keep an eye on sky sports news.

They had camera's etc at Hitchin Vs RoystonTown on 26th October, following everything from people arriving and the checks they go through to how staff had to socially distance.

Then had microphones on both Managers, listening to them both it's amazing there are not more problems between the benches.

Obviously much was carefully bleeped out, but still a great insight into football. 

Hopefully someone on here knows how to upload the footage 

16 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Screenshot_20201110-223218_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm originally from Hitchin.  I was there for that one!  What a day.  Topped off by seeing Desmond Dekker at the Hermitage that evening.   Much the worse for wear by then I slipped over on the dancefloor and slashed my arm on a broken glass so I have a lovely scar as a memento!! ?

10 hours ago, Red Skin said:

I'm originally from Hitchin.  I was there for that one!  What a day.  Topped off by seeing Desmond Dekker at the Hermitage that evening.   Much the worse for wear by then I slipped over on the dancefloor and slashed my arm on a broken glass so I have a lovely scar as a memento!! ?

?I know Hitchin very well, I've got relations there (in fact my mum and dad met there), my aunt used to live in a flat over a shoe shop (FHW) overlooking the Market Square, great pubs there !

16 hours ago, Red Skin said:

I was also there. I remember lot of Chelsea fans in the home crowd and a lot of thrown pint glasses, one just missing Graham Kelly’s forehead. 

17 hours ago, Red Skin said:

7 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

?I know Hitchin very well, I've got relations there (in fact my mum and dad met there), my aunt used to live in a flat over a shoe shop (FHW) overlooking the Market Square, great pubs there !

54 minutes ago, SBB said:

I was also there. I remember lot of Chelsea fans in the home crowd and a lot of thrown pint glasses, one just missing Graham Kelly’s forehead. 

I no no affiliation to Hitchen, never been there & never likely too.... 

But I will always A) love them & B) Smile every time I hear the name of the place..! 

8 hours ago, SBB said:

I don't think there were any Prem games that day so any locals that would have been watching their first teams turned out that day.   Gas got a bit of pasting from what I heard.  Though they did smash up a tea hut! 

1 hour ago, Red Skin said:

I don't think there were any Prem games that day so any locals that would have been watching their first teams turned out that day.   Gas got a bit of pasting from what I heard.  Though they did smash up a tea hut! 

They did, I was stood next to it as it started! 

Archived