IGNORED

Football Manager '21

Lrrr

Interested to hear if there's much of a difference to FM20 as I'm still quite content played that at the moment.

I'm in 2029(?) in FM20 I believe and challenging for Europe with Bath City and got to 2039(?) in FM19 with Boreham Wood. Unless there's big changes to the new version I'll likely just go back to my FM19 save when I'm tired of Bath.

I think the match engine has got a bit better, I always used to watch highlights in 2d as I didn't find the game play style had any sense of realism but from the first few games at least, passes are making sense and goals don't seem as ridiculous so far. As others have said the speed of the game is a lot better, saving now literally takes 2 seconds. 

One thing I'm loving is the recruitment team will actually have a meeting with you, present the areas of the team they think need improvement, go through it position by position and present targets for you that match criteria. They've added xG which will cause mass rages when you lose to your opponent 1-0 and you have an xG of 2.9 to their 0.21 ?

The match screen is laid out pretty well imo after you get used to it, a lot of information easy to see. 

Anyone whose downloaded, what sort of transfers have you made if you're City and anyone you sold? As its a Beta version save I decided to sell Massengo when Arsenal came sniffing, almost £4m upfront with some add ons and Jack Hunt to Inter Miami for around 300,000, gave me some flexibility budget wise to bring in:

• Jacob Murphy - £1.9m (Newcastle)
  • Miiko Albornoz (LB) - Free (Free Agent formerly Hannover 96)
  • Alexander Tettey - Loan (Norwich)
  • Ben Johnson (RB) - Loan (West Ham)
  • Domingos Quina - Loan (Watford)
  • Richard Nartey - Free (Released by Chelsea)
  • Remarni Medford-Smith - Free (Released by Reading)

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

I have struck lucky though, Brunt has done his ACL & is out for 8 to 12 months so hopefully that’s my big injury for the season & it’s not actually going to affect my team selection.

I get quite a few 5/6 week injuries, Kalas got one but now Mawson/Vyner is my first choice, Vyner is the top performing player in the squad

Just now, Tipps69 said:

With a lack of wide players & funds, I’m giving it a go with the 3 / 5 at the back.

Weimann is alright out wide, O'Dowda/Paterson (not good enough centrally for me) decent and Antoine is down as being able to play wide half decent. Add I bought Josh Murphy and its enough for me.

Just now, Lrrr said:

Weimann is alright out wide, O'Dowda/Paterson (not good enough centrally for me) decent and Antoine is down as being able to play wide half decent. Add I bought Josh Murphy and its enough for me.

Maybe I was spoilt last game, being able to bring Hlozek in cheap & play him from the start solved the right side for me for 15 years.

5 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I played 21 yesterday for the first time & there’s not enough difference between 20 & 21 to warrant the purchase in my opinion.

Maybe after a couple more days I will find new things but I don’t believe the new things are going to be that much different.

It was never going to have huge changes when a pandemic has meant they've been working from home for the majority of the development 

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

I get quite a few 5/6 week injuries, Kalas got one but now Mawson/Vyner is my first choice, Vyner is the top performing player in the squad

Wells has been my best player so far, only 9 league games in but he’s scored 10 league goals, including 2 hat-tricks to top the scoring charts, standing 2nd in average ratings with 7.53 & 3 MOM awards. I’m currently 2nd behind Watford having made no changes to the first team squad.

6 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Maybe after a couple more days I will find new things but I don’t believe the new things are going to be that much different.

Got a bit further in but I'm enjoying the challenge of the scheduling, you need to rotate.

28 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Wells has been my best player so far, only 9 league games in but he’s scored 10 league goals, including 2 hat-tricks to top the scoring charts, standing 2nd in average ratings with 7.53 & 3 MOM awards. I’m currently 2nd behind Watford having made no changes to the first team squad.

Yeah Wells is going decent for me as well now, 10 league goals in 17 sees him 3rd on the top scorer list. I've conceded 2 last kick of the game goals as well which is a bit annoying. 

Set up using the 451 V shaped midfield, makes me hard to score against but not the most proficient in front of goal. I'm liking the addition of the scatter and radar charts to compare against the rest of the division.

Although I have run into a problem which I’m more than a little surprised by.

Max O’Leary is upset because he’s not starting enough games despite us now being 10 games into the first season! They keep indicating that I should basically swap my starting 11 every game (which isn’t going to happen) but I don’t understand why Max would be expecting to be first choice ahead of Bentley?

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

Although I have run into a problem which I’m more than a little surprised by.

Max O’Leary is upset because he’s not starting enough games despite us now being 10 games into the first season! They keep indicating that I should basically swap my starting 11 every game (which isn’t going to happen) but I don’t understand why Max would be expecting to be first choice ahead of Bentley?

Developers have said they're adjusting that for the full release, I told Max that he should accept being cup goalie and he went with it, may not in your save.

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Developers have said they're adjusting that for the full release, I told Max that he should accept being cup goalie and he went with it, may not in your save.

I told him we were in great form & I wasn’t willing to change things around for him (or words to that affect) & he wasn’t happy so I told him he should maybe settle for less playing time & now he’s crying! I’m far from a believer that keepers need to be rotated so unless Bentley gets injured he has no chance of getting game time in the league.

I always start unemployed with minimal qualifications and playing experience for the beta save.

First job is at Strømsgødset which is a surprisingly decently sized team to be able to manage. 

Bit of an unbalanced squad, so using a 442 diamond, and using a personal rule that I cannot actively search for any players or staff.

Everyone who I sign has to be found either through putting a job ad out for staff, or from scouting reports/coaches recommendations if it is a player.

If I change clubs I am allowed to sign a player from the side I left, because they are someone already known to me in game 

Will do a City one when the actual release is out.

I think the ME is much better, overall the game is more improved than I thought it would be.

Ive got to December 5th joint top with Brentford and Bournemouth breathing down our necks.

Playing a 4-3-1-2 system but with wingers, a centre mid and Attacking mid, Wells has 17 goals.

O'leary starts as the top keeper but as mentioned they will change that for the full release, I can't get Joe Williams going at all, maybe doesn't suit my system but Bakinson has had a Hugh best in potential.

Its a bit weird because finances dictates that there is not much room for manoeuvre first season, not signed anybody but just picked up a guy Micheal Duffy (rm) for a free joining Jan 1st.

I think Sports interactive have said the training facilities will get a boost for the full release and Towler get a boost too.

13 minutes ago, Taz said:

I haven't played it for a few years - think the one I have is 2017 or 18 (shows how much I played that one!!)

If there isn't much difference between 20 and 21, other than up to date squads obviously, is it worth getting 20?

I would suggest if you haven’t had a copy for a few years then it maybe worth getting the latest version (21) rather than 20 because you are likely to notice even more improvements.

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I would suggest if you haven’t had a copy for a few years then it maybe worth getting the latest version (21) rather than 20 because you are likely to notice even more improvements.

Agree, 21 is much better

Archived