IGNORED

Football Manager '21

Lrrr

24 minutes ago, Taz said:

I haven't played it for a few years - think the one I have is 2017 or 18 (shows how much I played that one!!)

If there isn't much difference between 20 and 21, other than up to date squads obviously, is it worth getting 20?

I already prefer 21 to 20, and only played 2 matches.

The loading is also so much quicker.

If anyone has any screenshots of tables for the championship after 30 odd games I'm interested to see how its shaping up in other people's saves as well, for example do Cardiff/Derby struggle in other people's, Brentford/Forest as dominant etc

Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 16.17.27.png

17 hours ago, Lrrr said:

If anyone has any screenshots of tables for the championship after 30 odd games I'm interested to see how its shaping up in other people's saves as well, for example do Cardiff/Derby struggle in other people's, Brentford/Forest as dominant etc

I’m only 18 games in so far....... 

image.thumb.jpg.45ac034ad3e5ec585f54c3d1bb519aa4.jpgI am finding easier than previous releases though, beating Wednesday 4-0, Barnsley 5-1, Norwich 5-1, Derby 4-1, Reading 4-1 & Rotherham 4-2 while also scoring 3 & beating Huddersfield & Birmingham as well.

Scoring definitely doesn’t feel like an issue with a GD of +26 & Wells now having scored 18 league goals in 14 league games (all starts no sub appearances). While Semenyo has 8 league goals in 4 starts & 5 sub appearances.

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

I’m only 18 games in so far....... 

image.thumb.jpg.45ac034ad3e5ec585f54c3d1bb519aa4.jpgI am finding easier than previous releases though, beating Wednesday 4-0, Barnsley 5-1, Norwich 5-1, Derby 4-1, Reading 4-1 & Rotherham 4-2 while also scoring 3 & beating Huddersfield & Birmingham as well.

Scoring definitely doesn’t feel like an issue with a GD of +26 & Wells now having scored 18 league goals in 14 league games (all starts no sub appearances). While Semenyo has 8 league goals in 4 starts & 5 sub appearances.

Yeah I found once I had a formation/style that clicked I quickly moved up the table, works been quiet so I had a blitz and have finished a season, managed to finish 5th but lost my play off to QPR. Wells finished on 24 goals for the season 21 league but was injured/international duty for last 5/6, agree on Antoine, finished with like 13/14 goals for me. 

managed to sign Ben Pearson in January for like £650,000 and Darnell Fisher for like £250,000, you can really play around with how much you pay upfront now compared to previous years. Turns out the deal I sold Massengo for Ashton managed to get a clause in that I could sell the 50% sell on clause for 5.5m so that helped. Kalas kept complaining to me when he dropped out the side so got sold in January to Swansea for about £2m, Zak and Mawson were quality for me with Moore as backup and one of the young lads I signed on a a free as a squad player. loads of bargains going into summer 2021 as well.

8 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Yeah I found once I had a formation/style that clicked I quickly moved up the table, works been quiet so I had a blitz and have finished a season, managed to finish 5th but lost my play off to QPR. Wells finished on 24 goals for the season 21 league but was injured/international duty for last 5/6, agree on Antoine, finished with like 13/14 goals for me. 

managed to sign Ben Pearson in January for like £650,000 and Darnell Fisher for like £250,000, you can really play around with how much you pay upfront now compared to previous years. Turns out the deal I sold Massengo for Ashton managed to get a clause in that I could sell the 50% sell on clause for 5.5m so that helped. Kalas kept complaining to me when he dropped out the side so got sold in January to Swansea for about £2m, Zak and Mawson were quality for me with Moore as backup and one of the young lads I signed on a a free as a squad player. loads of bargains going into summer 2021 as well.

I’m planning on having a bit of a session on it today (that’s the plan anyway).

Yeah, I believe there’s a few decent freebies to be had at the end of the first season.

On 12/11/2020 at 15:56, OneTeamInBristol said:

Is the mobile version worth spending £8.99 on?

Not a big PC gamer but would enjoy it on the iPad I think. 

You could get the mobile version or the touch version for that I think? 

I really liked the mobile version over the last 2 years for on the go and when just lazing on the sofa. Had some decent games though it gets a bit easy and is obviously limited in many ways. I reckon it's with a £9 punt personally. 

Think I'll go full fat for the first time since 2016 this year! Tempted to go into Wales again. On FM14 I was manager of Conahs Quay and couldn't quite topple TNS unlike the real Nomads who did just that.

On 12/11/2020 at 15:56, OneTeamInBristol said:

Is the mobile version worth spending £8.99 on?

Not a big PC gamer but would enjoy it on the iPad I think. 

On 13/11/2020 at 16:17, Lrrr said:

Here’s the 30 game mark in mine.

image.thumb.jpg.fe7dfb8da8d1a303b6af53c313878ed3.jpg

5 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

On the plus side, at least you get to play a derby game now.

1-0 win in 2nd game of the season at home, annoyingly was only 1, had an xG of like 3 with 10 shots on target and Rovers xG of about 0.03. Pretty sure they've lost like their first 5 games and went out the cup to a lower div team as well.

Can confirm transfers are crazy 2021 summer, so many good young players available for free/cheap, think I'm on about 16 signings (a few loans) and loaned several straight out.

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

1-0 win in 2nd game of the season at home, annoyingly was only 1, had an xG of like 3 with 10 shots on target and Rovers xG of about 0.03. Pretty sure they've lost like their first 5 games and went out the cup to a lower div team as well.

Can confirm transfers are crazy 2021 summer, so many good young players available for free/cheap, think I'm on about 16 signings (a few loans) and loaned several straight out.

Nice, I just managed to bring Jack Wilshere in on a freebie at the start of February, having a bit of a wobble though so I’ve had to change formation to what I used more on 20, more of a 4-3-3 but players are struggling to settle with the tactics now although after going 1 down at home to top of the table Bournemouth & making a few tactical tweaks, I’ve just beaten them 5-2 with all 5 goals coming from Wells!image.thumb.jpg.4fb5fe0a29eee25f943cc057c55d73f3.jpg

Promoted in 2nd place with one game remaining with Wells scoring 35 league goals in 33 league games!Now I’ll be interested to see what budget I have because I’m allowing Baker, Weimann, Rowe & Hunt at least to leave so they need replacing.

Initial budgets are £550k p/w wages!! & £39.05m transfer budget!! This is going to take some doing to avoid relegation!image.thumb.jpg.7dc1b4e6e779f17b2837088cdfcadde1.jpg

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Promoted in 2nd place with one game remaining with Wells scoring 35 league goals in 33 league games!Now I’ll be interested to see what budget I have because I’m allowing Baker, Weimann, Rowe & Hunt at least to leave so they need replacing.

Initial budgets are £550k p/w wages!! & £39.05m transfer budget!! This is going to take some doing to avoid relegation!image.thumb.jpg.7dc1b4e6e779f17b2837088cdfcadde1.jpg

Nice work, Im the same and looking to build a side to stay up with the same budget, thing is hardly any cheap foreign player get work permits under the new Brexit rules, proving a nightmare..

1 minute ago, M.D said:

Nice work, Im the same and looking to build a side to stay up with the same budget, thing is hardly any cheap foreign player get work permits under the new Brexit rules, proving a nightmare..

Yeah, I like my young South American players, agreed deals & then they were refused work permits.

One I might have though (I’ve agreed terms with Malmo & player) is for 22 year-old Bosnian centre-half Anel Ahmedhodzic. I’ve bid £2m for him, scout rating of 92 & agreed to pay him £5.75k p/w! With an £80m release clause! 

Others I have tied up are :-

Augustin Almendra for £3.9m from Boca. Thiago Almada for £6.25m from Velez & Kaio Jorge from SAN for £9m. I had the first two in a save of mine on 20 & they were brilliant & Jorge is a highly rated wonderkid as well.They are all very highly rated.

I need to hope I can fill problem positions with freebies though.

31 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Yeah, I like my young South American players, agreed deals & then they were refused work permits.

One I might have though (I’ve agreed terms with Malmo & player) is for 22 year-old Bosnian centre-half Anel Ahmedhodzic. I’ve bid £2m for him, scout rating of 92 & agreed to pay him £5.75k p/w! With an £80m release clause! 

Others I have tied up are :-

Augustin Almendra for £3.9m from Boca. Thiago Almada for £6.25m from Velez & Kaio Jorge from SAN for £9m. I had the first two in a save of mine on 20 & they were brilliant & Jorge is a highly rated wonderkid as well.They are all very highly rated.

I need to hope I can fill problem positions with freebies though.

Im going for Almada at the moment but got French striker Gouiri in the bag already

Just got it today and started as Braga as I was looking at their ground the othe day. 

There is so much more information than previous seasons. I used to like to have full control of most things but quite tempted to handover youth training to my coaches etc and maybe just pay close attention to the highly rated ones.

What stuff do you lot control? 

Also wasn't sure on the transfer meetings at first as it felt like cheating, but it shouldn't as it's just an extension of scouts I guess? 

Gone for a 4-3-3 for the first time ever. Not to sure on some of the new menus and interview stuff, but we'll see. 

8 hours ago, Rebounder said:

Just got it today and started as Braga as I was looking at their ground the othe day. 

There is so much more information than previous seasons. I used to like to have full control of most things but quite tempted to handover youth training to my coaches etc and maybe just pay close attention to the highly rated ones.

What stuff do you lot control? 

Also wasn't sure on the transfer meetings at first as it felt like cheating, but it shouldn't as it's just an extension of scouts I guess? 

Gone for a 4-3-3 for the first time ever. Not to sure on some of the new menus and interview stuff, but we'll see. 

I control very little, I leave training to my coaches (that’s what they are paid for right?) And I only basically do prematch & post match team talks, the rest is left to Keith Downing to do. As the saying goes, you don’t get a dog & bark yourself right?

I find a lot of the team talks, press conferences & player interactions are all the same as last year’s release at least & would of liked to see something new with that. And it’s great that you can throw water bottles now but surely your verbals while throwing water bottles are going to be more aggressive than a normal response? Maybe it’s me but some name calling or swearing would make it a bit more realistic & that can be hidden from kids like the appropriate advertising is & if that’s not your kind of thing it should be pretty simple to put a filter in. I just don’t think it’s realistic to throw away 2 nil lead at halftime, throw bottles around & then you tell the players that ‘that performance wasn’t good enough’!

And while I understand that it’s been more difficult than normal to get the game out because of the pandemic, putting some different text options in there really shouldn’t of been that hard, moving them around the screen doesn’t make it more realistic for me.

12 minutes ago, DaveF said:

For some reason on my save Kalas' best position is RWB, Max is our best keeper and Moore is our best CB behind Mawson, rather strange!

Kalas will show that because its where the stats match best for I'd assume. Remember he came to us because he wanted to play CB where he'd been playing RB. The developers have already said Max will be looked at for main release and Taylor is just well rated, it happens.

Its what the Beta is all about, looking at the data issues thread on the Sports interactive forum a lot of these issues have been raised and taken on board for the full release of the game on the 24th 

I think the games a little easy this year but of course that does normally change with the full release 

Archived