IGNORED

The Masters 2021

phantom

Can there be a no Bryson market..... Gone for a few on the hope of the each way.

I've got Hatton E/W @ 40/1

Fitzpatrick E/W @ 50/1

Lowry E/W @ 100/1

Rose E/W @ 40/1

Patrick Reed @ 28/1 on Sky's hotshot bet (£5 bet on 1 person and you get £1 per birdie or better back in the first round as a free bet)

Wolff E/W @ 33/1

My selections -

Finau ew @ 28/1 has a superb record in the few times he’s visited Augusta National, long hitter and a good major player. Looks a solid ew bet.

Woods ew @ 45/1 how can you not back the 15 time major champion and 5 time masters winner at such a price. Just knows how to post a score at Augusta. 

Rose ew @ 66/1 has a decent Masters record and currently flying under the radar compared to a recent times when he was world number 1 and winning Olympic gold medals etc.

Spieth ew @ 66/1 has a superb record but out of town recently, at this price it’s worth a interest just incase things click into place this week. 

I can’t wait, something decent to watch, earlier tee times are a bit of a pain, tomorrow’s forecast is also not that fantastic. 

I tend to do the same few players for competitions, just a thing I have that it feels nailed on that if I don’t back one of them, they will win the next tournament & I’ll miss out on those winnings?

I only put £5e/w on Finau, Xander, Rose, Fowler & Matsuyama. They always tend to be decent odds, just outside enough that finishing in the money covers things & each of them always have an opportunity of coming good.

I’m looking forward to seeing if Bryson brings out his 9ft driver! He’ll be driving par 5’s at this rate. But it’s a big risk with courses that have a lot of water, one wayward shot & he’s giving shots away & we all know the frustration that comes once you mess up one shot!

God how I miss playing!

On 11/11/2020 at 10:38, Northern Red said:

Skybet are doing a RequestABet of DeChambeau to make an Eagle in each of the 4 rounds at 33/1

He could absolutely take this course apart. They reckon he won't be hitting anything less than a 7 iron for his second shot.

Bryson’s putting already letting him down on the 10th after a great drive & chip in for what looked like a fairly easy birdie, which he then decided to let the roll take it wide instead of hitting it a bit holder to take the roll out of it.

The 11th not looking too good either!

Great to see Westwood & Casey getting off to great starts.

I’m also enjoying seeing Bryson driving badly! No point in being able to hit it miles if you can’t control it & he’s showing that he has no B game to go with his big driving. Not even hitting his 3 wood well off the tee either!

On 10/11/2020 at 23:07, Lrrr said:

Patrick Reed @ 28/1 on Sky's hotshot bet (£5 bet on 1 person and you get £1 per birdie or better back in the first round as a free bet)

Looks like Patrick had 8 birdies so in theory should be £8 in free bets for me.

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I haven't had time to watch it much today, did he use the 48' driver? Must be uncontrollable? I struggle with a normal length one. ?️‍♂️   ?? ⛳

I had it on in the background & didn’t really pay that much attention but from what I saw he struggled to control his tee shots, that was whatever driver he was using & his 3 wood at least once. He didn’t seem to hit many fairways from what I seen.

20 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Adam Scott having a bit of bad luck on the 15th after Hatton went in the water there. Scott went in as well & then after his drop he chips onto the green, hits the pin & rolls back into the water again! He was going quite well too.

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

That is soooo harsh! 

If Adam Scott could sort his demons with the putter, he would have won a lot more. Sadly, he's had them for years. Hell of a player though.

15 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I had it on in the background & didn’t really pay that much attention but from what I saw he struggled to control his tee shots, that was whatever driver he was using & his 3 wood at least once. He didn’t seem to hit many fairways from what I seen.

Shame eh! ;)

On 12/11/2020 at 17:47, Tipps69 said:

Great to see Westwood & Casey getting off to great starts.

I’m also enjoying seeing Bryson driving badly! No point in being able to hit it miles if you can’t control it & he’s showing that he has no B game to go with his big driving. Not even hitting his 3 wood well off the tee either!

Would be great to see Lee Westwood finally win a major.. if anyone deserves it it’s him!

Just watching Bryson putt & I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone look so awkward at putting. I’d suggest it’s time to get out of the gym & on to the practice greens or try to become a worlds longest driver because if he continues to putt like this he’s going to have little future in the game!

So who do people fancy for this come Sunday then? 

Dj looks very good as do most of the players near the top of the leader board.

Me, I'm torn between John Rahm and Danny Willett. I think I would tip Rahm although i would love a Brit to win it again.

I would assume Tipps69 isn't backing his 'mate' Bryson. ;)

7 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

So who do people fancy for this come Sunday then? 

Dj looks very good as do most of the players near the top of the leader board.

Me, I'm torn between John Rahm and Danny Willett. I think I would tip Rahm although i would love a Brit to win it again.

I would assume Tipps69 isn't backing his 'mate' Bryson. ;)

I’m backing Thomas from here, I managed to 16/1 on him half way through his 2nd round & he’s sitting nicely & it looks like I’ll have all 7 of my players make the cut.

And what makes you think I don’t want Bryson to win?? He’s certainly got his entertainment value, seeing him struggling so much must give every golfer both hope & fear at the same time?

6 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I’m backing Thomas from here, I managed to 16/1 on him half way through his 2nd round & he’s sitting nicely & it looks like I’ll have all 7 of my players make the cut.

And what makes you think I don’t want Bryson to win?? He’s certainly got his entertainment value, seeing him struggling so much must give every golfer both hope & fear at the same time?

Good shout with Thomas.

Could Tiger possibly do it again? Surely not. Then again, we said that last year. 

Archived