IGNORED

Surely there is no worse feeling.....

Bassomylord

8 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

They are consistently the best fans to come to the gate (though quiet in 2020 admittedly).

Disappointed they should have Pulis inflicted on them, while the likes of Cardiff, Preston and Millwall get let off.

It's like a form of medieval torture....literally zero enjoyment of football the whole time he is at your club.....for bothe fans and players.

I would like to see him end up at Derby.....very few clubs fans I dislike but they would go well together.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Is it wrong that this was my first thought too? I used to enjoy that program, but the "new" team is shite. 

I must say I’m not a huge fan of the new setup. Appreciate some would call it an “old boys club” but I enjoyed the chemistry between the presenters. 

Back on subject - poor Wednesday fans. 

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Pulis is a disease.  I feel so sorry for all those poor Wednesday fans.  Hopefully it will only be a short illness and they will soon make a full recovery.

I don’t, for as long as he’s in a job somewhere else it means there’s absolutely no chance of him ever coming back here!

This is the prime example of beware of what you wish for because the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.Things maybe shit but they can always get a load worse! Pulis can always arrive & destroy the way you thought football was supposed to be played.

And the benefit the owner gets is that with no fans in the ground it means he doesn’t have to hear the protests & Pulis probably isn’t even aware of social media so won’t be aware that fans don’t want him at their club because he can’t hear the boo’s.

Oh how the mighty have fallen, I still remember Wednesday fans being all ‘Billy big bollocks’ about what a huge club they are & how they deserve to be in the Premier League etc.

I’d even prefer Holloway to Pulis & I really dislike the thought of Holloway ever managing City.

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No chemistry between them unfortunately . With le tiss, tomo, Nicolas and merson , you could tell they were mates . 

I've tried, just can't watch it now. Even allowing for social distancing, there's no atmosphere, no jokiness . I think you're right.

The one manager whose reign genuinely made me consider packing in going to watch.

Statistically we've had worse than him, but the utter joylessness of it coupled with the fact that he clearly hated us puts him top of the list. The carnival atmosphere at the first game after he ****** off to Portsmouth will live long in the memory.

5 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

They are consistently the best fans to come to the gate (though quiet in 2020 admittedly).

Disappointed they should have Pulis inflicted on them, while the likes of Cardiff, Preston and Millwall get let off.

Their reaction to being 3-0 down at half time the year they got to the P/O final 4 or 5 years ago was unreal

Proper club, Wednesday. Pulis will keep them up, and after starting on -12 it can't get much better than that

1 hour ago, 'Orns said:

Their reaction to being 3-0 down at half time the year they got to the P/O final 4 or 5 years ago was unreal

Proper club, Wednesday. Pulis will keep them up, and after starting on -12 it can't get much better than that

That unjustifiably on the face of it got cut to -6, so would be rather unfair if they stayed up by less than 6! Suffice to say, I hope they drop!

I think if they have sense they hire him until end of next season but with a break clause and then see how it goes. Maybe bit like Warnock at Middlesbrough, he may surprise and take take them up the League next season.

Overall though, Pulis might well keep then up then you get a new more longer term guy to build from 2021/22 onwards. That unless he really excels, varies play a bit is how I'd go about it

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Which is more scary, the thought of having Pulis as new manager or having Robbored on your forum?

25 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Can we spare a thought for Barry Bannan at this point? I can’t see Pulis wanting a diminutive passing midfielder being the fulcrum of his team. 

And he becomes likely available for transfer with LJ out of work. There’s a double whammy.

Bannan openly said that pulis was the worst manager he had ever played for.

5 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

image.thumb.png.8b0812d2669f1c015060f7050081d565.png

It was actually only 6 months (a little less, actually) @Robbored.....It just seemed like oh, so much longer!!!  I remember Scott Davison saying at the time that if he'd known he wanted the Pompey job he'd have driven him there himself!

You’re spot on with that - the reign of Pulis did seem like three times as long.

I remember a home game under he who shall not be named when we were losing 1-0 (Stoke maybe?) and Tins banged in a screamer from about thirty yards late on to equalize.

No-one cheered as we all knew that it had kept him in a job for another week. I came the closest I ever have to wanting City to lose under him - the end justified the means and it would have been for the greater good.

36 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I remember a home game under he who shall not be named when we were losing 1-0 (Stoke maybe?) and Tins banged in a screamer from about thirty yards late on to equalize.

No-one cheered as we all knew that it had kept him in a job for another week. I came the closest I ever have to wanting City to lose under him - the end justified the means and it would have been for the greater good.

Those supporters who didn’t live through the Pulis tenure just can’t understand how toxic the situation was.

It was surreal.

Archived