IGNORED

Surely there is no worse feeling.....

Bassomylord

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

The one manager whose reign genuinely made me consider packing in going to watch.

Statistically we've had worse than him, but the utter joylessness of it coupled with the fact that he clearly hated us puts him top of the list. The carnival atmosphere at the first game after he ****** off to Portsmouth will live long in the memory.

Agree completely.  Other people seem to dislike SO'D, but Pulis wins hands down for me.  Hated us, profited from sales of our best players, bought crocked journeymen and refused to play youth.  Dismal, dismal, joyless football.  

When you think, under Osman fans chanted off, off,off when he got booked and didn't celebrate when they realised it was him that had scored, and Plus was WORSE !

Without doubt, the single worst appointment by City in their entire history.

10 hours ago, Bassomylord said:

If you are feeling slightly down or struggling at the moment please dont go on their forum.....its some like a self help group that's falling apart....

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/294585-tony-pulis-yes-or-no/

Football from a bygone era. 

God help us if he gets job

Pearson and Howe won't come. Chansiri will never have heard of Lowe. Pulis better than rest of the out of work duds

28 minutes ago, 22A said:

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/294585-tony-pulis-yes-or-no/

Football from a bygone era. 

God help us if he gets job

Pearson and Howe won't come. Chansiri will never have heard of Lowe. Pulis better than rest of the out of work duds

I’d be going for Cook or LJ & about 300 other people before I went for Pulis, if Pulis is the best then god help anybody else looking for a new manager.

Pulis isn't always the worst football- with us he was, but some seasons at Stoke he had Etherington and Pennant on the wing, with Fuller and a big man up front- latter had some flair, displayed both at this level and PL.

Reached an FA Cup final too with a 5-0 semi final demolition of Bolton who at that time were not bad under Coyle, in 2010/11.

At Middlesbrough when he took over from Monk and had the likes of Braithwaite-Assombalonga-Traore as a possible front 3- with a player like Bamford in reserve or maybe 2 of the first 3 with Bamford, Gibson-Ayala as a centre back pairing it wasn't always the worst I'd suggest. He also got the best out of Traore as well, or the best out of him at that time.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Pulis isn't always the worst football- with us he was, but some seasons at Stoke he had Etherington and Pennant on the wing, with Fuller and a big man up front- latter had some flair, displayed both at this level and PL.

Reached an FA Cup final too with a 5-0 semi final demolition of Bolton who at that time were not bad under Coyle, in 2010/11.

At Middlesbrough when he took over from Monk and had the likes of Braithwaite-Assombalonga-Traore as a possible front 3- with a player like Bamford in reserve or maybe 2 of the first 3 with Bamford, Gibson-Ayala as a centre back pairing it wasn't always the worst I'd suggest. He also got the best out of Traore as well, or the best out of him at that time.

Thank you Blodwyn Pulis!!!   ?

23 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Thank you Blodwyn Pulis!!!   ?

?

No fan of Pulis but don't mind being halfway objective at times. Could also count Middlesbrough bit against him in a way or at least as no notable credit as he clearly had an excellent squad at this level- on paper anyway- so couldn't do anything but have a bit of a go!

One thing I don't get though is the seeming love-in for Sheffield Wednesday on here.

They cheated- CHEATED!

They and a few others tried to get one over on us and the rest of the compliant majority- and they as such are CHEATS- END OF!

With respect to their good fans and notably those who appear on here, especially Owl Visiting they only got half a punishment- bigger losses than Birmingham, more slippery than Birmingham- hell Chansiri said last week he'd accept the 6 points but couldn't see what they had done wrong. None as blind as won't see, Chansiri. I don't think he's as dislikable as Morris certainly but he just doesn't get it!

Oh and a Stadium apparently worth £38m more than Birmingham's- really?? Their valuations as recently as 2014 and many prior to that suggest it may have been well overvalued...?

Birmingham have their shortcomings too but sold quite a lot of PLAYERS, and release accounts on time plus had to abide by an EFL Business Plan for at least one season- do Sheffield Wednesday?

I said from Day One of their FFP issues that Chansiri was an idiot in the first instance- and maybe I was right? 

I don't get why people wish them well tbh. There are clubs I dislike a lot more but I don't get the warm views. Could've sold Bannan when Brentford bid came in showed willing- Westwood still there but not playing, decent wages?

The Times is usually better than this, and Gregor Robertson is usually better than this. See some of their fans griping about refs again- shame. :yes:

However, this most certainly is a puff piece or snippets of it! Chansiri is inept but anyway- as I say expected better of the paper and journo!

Middlesbrough supporters will be familiar with the 62-year-old’s early rhetoric. The references to a working-class city; supporters who, first and foremost, want to see players work hard for the jersey; sympathy for the owner — in Wednesday’s case, Dejphon Chansiri — who has ploughed millions into the club, but not seen the deserved return on his investment; talk of old-school virtues like discipline, honesty and respect being the foundation for everything.

Why- exactly- why- does such an inept at best and something else at worst owner deserve a return on investment that should read promotion into PL?
The financial dealings would suggest otherwise!!

Wednesday are four points from safety, despite having their 12-point deduction for breaching spending regulations halved last month, but few would bet against Pulis — who after 1,000-plus games in the dugout has never suffered relegation — dragging them clear of the drop.

He glosses over that! Helps if your deduction is undeservedly halved- still no accounts for 2018/19 btw!

Archived