IGNORED

Finally-Scotland reach the Europeans

Robbored

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Congratulations to them. Even I felt nervous during the shoot out and all five of the Scotland penalties were excellent and I had a weird feeling the Mitrovic was going to blast it over bar but Marshall saved it instead........

Well I have to say fair play to you for finally praising Scottish football - after all the, largely ill-informed, unsubstantiated, guff you usually post about the game north of the border I thought you’d have ignored this achievement and gone into hiding - but you didn’t, so big credit to you ...

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, if Marshall had been any further off his line he’d have been attached to Mitrovics crotch by the time the pen was taken.

Not exactly subtle looking at the refs after as well!

Was pretty obvious from actual time he was off his line. Why is there no VAR for a match like this. 

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, if Marshall had been any further off his line he’d have been attached to Mitrovics crotch by the time the pen was taken.

Not exactly subtle looking at the refs after as well!

5 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Was pretty obvious from actual time he was off his line. Why is there no VAR for a match like this. 

Uhmmmmmm .......Except he wasn’t 

Watch it again

One foot stepped forward and one still behind the line when ball struck

Perfect footwork / timing / technique 

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Uhmmmmmm .......Except he wasn’t 

Watch it again

One foot stepped forward and one still behind the line when ball struck

Perfect footwork / timing / technique 

Watched it back and he was off his line before ball was struck. He knew it as well by his reaction to the referee.

Having watched it back (and freeze framed), this is the moment of contact.

Real time - he looked way off his line.

On this - it appears one foot is just taking off as Mitrovic strikes it.

Is it borderline? Hell yeah. But it’s not so outright that I’d like to see it ruled out. There is a question for me as to why you can be that far advanced but be ok if one foot is on the line, and it seems the law is a bit of an ass, but on reflection I go with good, legal, save.

Although he still clearly knew he was borderline from the reaction! 

B23A1C8A-7A69-4920-BE32-794EC795B2E4.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Akira said:

Obviously in the minority here. Want Ireland, Scotland and Wales to all do shit everytime they play. That's how they feel about us, why feel any different for them? Shame they've gone through. 

Nothing makes them happier than England losing, and the majority would always support our opponents.

They make no attempt to hide their dislike and ill will towards us so it's hard to imagine why any Englishman would wish any of them well on the football pitch.

I certainly don't.`

The absolute scenes if VAR was in play and called for a retake.....the goal line assistant is looking right at it. The delay in confirmation from the ref takes a little edge off as Marshall's reaction can't be instant. Any City keeper making a penalty save like that and being called back for his feet....we'd be livid. Fair play to the Scots, they bossed Serbia for 89mins of normal time then rode their luck in extra time.

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Watched it back slow motion as ball was struck both feet in front of line. 
Doesn’t matter Scotland got through but why isn’t there VAR at games that decide who reaches the finals.

39 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

The absolute scenes if VAR was in play and called for a retake.....the goal line assistant is looking right at it. The delay in confirmation from the ref takes a little edge off as Marshall's reaction can't be instant. Any City keeper making a penalty save like that and being called back for his feet....we'd be livid. Fair play to the Scots, they bossed Serbia for 89mins of normal time then rode their luck in extra time.

Pretty sure you'll find there was VAR in this game, commentary said so anyway

Glad they have qualified ,surely England v Scotland on a Friday night in the summer has got to be more appealing then Serbia?..

they might hate us but on our last visit up there a couple of years ago it was quite friendly up there but I’m sure the result helped 

Archived