IGNORED

Finally-Scotland reach the Europeans

Robbored

8 hours ago, frenchred said:

Eng v scotland - wembley! Kerching! Got 4 tickets

Who remembers June 77 at Wembley ? when the Scots beet   England 2-1. The Scots went crazy and pulled down the goal posts when they swamped the pitch at the end of the match. When the police finally cleared them there were large sections of the sacred Wembley turf torn up and the Scots took sections of the pitch home with them.

I’m hoping for the negative years of Scotland, England, Wales etc around football have dropped off and I wish any UK team all the best in European and world football.

9 hours ago, Akira said:

Obviously in the minority here. Want Ireland, Scotland and Wales to all do shit everytime they play. That's how they feel about us, why feel any different for them? Shame they've gone through. 

Because they have 'small club' syndrome. I'd rather they were losing because they were playing us. Even better if it's at a tournament. Give me a home nations game over playing Hungary or Czech Republic any day. 

It's a bit like Rovers in a way - I always hope we either draw them or Man United/Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs etc in a cup. Any other team is a bit of a disappointment.

9 hours ago, Akira said:

Obviously in the minority here. Want Ireland, Scotland and Wales to all do shit everytime they play. That's how they feel about us, why feel any different for them? Shame they've gone through. 

Me too.

Have a soft spot for Northern Ireland who unlike the other 3 seem to have no issue with England & do incredibly well considering their pool of players, but the anti English stuff those 3 come out with makes me want them to lose, too.

10 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, if Marshall had been any further off his line he’d have been attached to Mitrovics crotch by the time the pen was taken.

Not exactly subtle looking at the refs after as well!

Did exactly the same in the shootout against Israel, wasn’t remotely marginal or subtle, he was absolutely miles off his line. 

What is the point of the official that stands on the line during the shootout? Isn’t their sole job to say whether that’s happened or not? Baffling. 

Having been in a Scottish  pub watching England V Switzerland in the Euros a few years ago I realised how anti England they really are. The place was packed with Jocks all supporting the Swiss and when Rooney scored they all started booing and hissing. I must have been the only Englishman in the place  so had to keep quiet.........that’s partly why I take a dim view of Scottish football.

Previously in the late 70s at Wembley England hammered the Scots 4-1 in the days of Brooking and Keegan and the guy who got our tickets was a burly Scotsman. Unbeknown to the rest of us the tickets were in the Scottish end...........:shocking:

Tbf, they were a great bunch. A bottle of whiskey got passed around - no covid back then. Later on I felt a push in the back and fell forward down the terracing taking a few fans with mr. I feared a kicking was on its way but I looked up and guy had his dick out and was pissing all down the terracing...........then he said in broad Glaswegian “ I dinna wanna piss doon yer leg’..................:rofl2br:

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

I was near the halfway line. 

Was level with the six yard box at the goal end

Had a perfect view of Gaza’s skill and Gary Nevilles pinpoint cross for Shearer

Our 2-0 win at Hampden in the Euro Play Offs in 1999 was one of my favourite away England games

’Wheres your famous Hampden Roar ?’

?

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Having been in a Scottish  pub watching England V Switzerland in the Euros a few years ago I realised how anti England they really are. The place was packed with Jocks all supporting the Swiss and when Rooney scored they all started booing and hissing. I must have been the only Englishman in the place  so had to keep quiet.........that’s partly why I take a dim view of Scottish football.

Previously in the late 70s at Wembley England hammered the Scots 4-1 in the days of Brooking and Keegan and the guy who got our tickets was a burly Scotsman. Unbeknown to the rest of us the tickets were in the Scottish end...........:shocking:

Tbf, they were a great bunch. A bottle of whiskey got passed around - no covid back then. Later on I felt a lush in the back and fell forward down the terracing taking a few fans with mr. I feared a kicking was on its way but I looked up and guy had his dick out and was pissing all down the terracing...........then he said in broad Glaswegian “ I dinna wanna piss doon yer leg’..................:rofl2br:

It was 5-1

Unlike you to be inaccurate !

21 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Was level with the six yard box at the goal end

Had a perfect view of Gaza’s skill and Gary Nevilles pinpoint cross for Shearer

Our 2-0 win at Hampden in the Euro Play Offs in 1999 was one of my favourite away England games

’Wheres your famous Hampden Roar ?’

?

It was 5-1

Unlike you to be inaccurate !

Went to that game brilliant weekend from start to finish 

city lad I know put on 3 lions it’s coming home  in a rammed pub full of jocks after the game which got switched off so he played it again , not his brightest idea .....

Not sure why people are surprised Ireland, Wales and Scotland always desperately want to beat England.

We’re about 10 x the size/population of them, and their next door neighbours! It’s a rivalry, enjoy it. Seems a bit petty that England fans want them to do badly.

I personally think the Euros just got a lot more interesting with Scotland qualifying. I have Scottish family and I’ll be wishing them all the best ... although not at Wembley. 

I went to England v Scotland in 1969  at Wembley  as a teenager with a mate.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/england-v-scotland-10-may-1969-230603/

In a crowd of 90k I would guess that the Scots outnumbered English supporters  4 to1.

Back in the day the Wembley match represented a biennial pilgrimage with the point being to drink as much as possible.

Apart from the match which we won 4-1,my abiding memory is the sound of breaking glass as bottles were  continually chucked onto the running track.

Also the ride back on the tube to London where a group of West Ham fans told us to stick with them as they'd look after us as we appeared to be the only passengers capable of standing without assistance.

In truth never felt threatened but unlikely to ever see again so many drunks in one place.

53 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I went to England v Scotland in 1969  at Wembley  as a teenager with a mate.

In truth never felt threatened but unlikely to ever see again so many drunks in one place.

Yep, went to the Wales V Scotland Home International at Ninian Park as a teenager in '75.

2-2 draw and famous for the memorable goals by Flynn & Rioch.

Drunken and aggressive Scots everywhere, and fighting on the terraces throughout, and after, the match.

4 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I was behind the goal. The one he scored in. And then celebrated in his invisible dentist’s chair.

Went with my now 83 year old dad who’s struggling with living in a locked down South Wales and with what seems to be early signs of dementia.

Still it’s a fantastic footballing memory that still brings tears to my eyes now.

And next June? Well this dad has just splashed out an extraordinary amount to take his boy along.

We’re a long time dead. Only here once. It’s only debt...... but what an experience and memory to pass on.

Would be great to see Tammy (not Fammy ?) get the winner.....

6 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Did exactly the same in the shootout against Israel, wasn’t remotely marginal or subtle, he was absolutely miles off his line. 

What is the point of the official that stands on the line during the shootout? Isn’t their sole job to say whether that’s happened or not? Baffling. 

Except there's a screenshot showing he wasnt?

7 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I was at the other end, by the corner flag, right next to the away end. 
Oh, what a pleasure it was turning to face the mass of sloshed skirties after that goal. ?
Fair play to them, they made a lot of noise that game - particularly at half time where they basically sang Rod Stewart songs for 15 minutes. Weird bunch. 

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Scotland haven’t been in a major finals for 22 years and I don’t think I’ve seen this bloke in that period.

Anyone remember that he supposedly charged crystals up for the Sag’s in 98 for the play offs? Said that they would win the play offs and be promoted, they promptly lost to Northampton after going 3-0 up in the first leg!

Archived