IGNORED

Men vs women ...what's the strategy

The Humble Realist

I notice the club has released a statement again regarding the womens team and covid 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-bristol-city-women-1/

Given the mens team have reportedly experienced an outbreak too why is there no such similar statement ?

Appears to be a very open strategy regarding the womens team but a more closed one for the men?

14 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

I notice the club has released a statement again regarding the womens team and covid 

Given the mens team have reportedly experienced an outbreak too why is there no such similar statement ?

Appears to be a very open strategy regarding the womens team but a more closed one for the men?

I guess it’s because of the money in the men’s game which adds more importance to each match. 

That said should Deano develop covid symptoms and have to isolate that would be announced on the OS.

19 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

I would guess because the current situation in the Men's team doesn't affect any matches.

They didn't keep Wiemann or Diedhou testing positive and having to miss matches a secret so far as I know?

I think the person's right to confidentiality, might also be playing a part.

Dont think there was ever an official confirmation of Andreas Weimann having covid for example. And yet, it was announced that Diedhiou tested positive a few weeks ago.

1 minute ago, Selred said:

This is the manager whose isolating, it's different to players.

We will probably want to keep players quiet to stop the opposition knowing more about who may or may not play against Derby. 

Not sure if this post is around COVID or us playing Derby. We will win against Derby so what is the issue ?

all this crap around not telling over clubs who has the virus with opposing teams is utter nonsense

. The football league manage  covert testing In conjunction with government guide lines and it is law that they state which players from which clubs are tested as positive and  this is then open to all teams in the English leagues.

If Dean returned a positive test there's probably a good chance we'd hear about it, especially if he had to miss a game because of it. Because we're in an international window anyone with a positive test shouldn't be missing a game barring adverse reaction to the virus so becomes less newsworthy and as said above a right to privacy, any player missing a game would have speculation about to so they get cleared up.

Archived