IGNORED

Salah tests positive for Covid

Unan

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

What I don’t understand is how elite sports people are immune from lockdown rules? Just because they get tested x amount of time a week doesn’t mean they can’t catch, spread or die from this virus, so why don’t they have to follow the same rules?

Selfish idiots are putting us all at risk and preventing any quick end to all this. 

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

What I don’t understand is how elite sports people are immune from lockdown rules? Just because they get tested x amount of time a week doesn’t mean they can’t catch, spread or die from this virus, so why don’t they have to follow the same rules?

Definitely shouldn’t be going to a big gathering like a wedding if he’s about to join up with a squad of 30/40 team mates and staff. I know they’ve got lives to live but again they are in a privileged position where they can still play and avoid the rules of “normal” folk. Completely irresponsible and arguably as bad as what the young England lads did in my opinion - certainly more risk

Aren't weddings currently restricted to 15 or 30 people..? 

WTF is he doing and why is that going ahead...?!

This is exactly why we can't go to football matches, because ******* keep thinking it doesn't apply to them, then they test positive, but have already spread it..! 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Aren't weddings currently restricted to 15 or 30 people..? 

WTF is he doing and why is that going ahead...?!

This is exactly why we can't go to football matches, because ******* keep thinking it doesn't apply to them, then they test positive, but have already spread it..! 

I assume it was in Egypt

• Admin

Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has again returned a positive test for coronavirus while on international duty with Egypt.

The 28-year-old initially tested positive last week, despite not displaying any symptoms.

On Wednesday, the Egyptian Football Association confirmed Salah had been tested again and the result was positive.

He is likely to miss the Reds' next two games because of self-isolation rules.

Liverpool host Leicester City in the Premier League on Sunday and then Atalanta in a Champions League group match on 25 November.

TAKEN FROM: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54992154

There were a group of young lads from the UK in Italy quite a few months back now. They were told they could only go home when they returned two back to back negative tests. The issue was that they couldn't even get one!!

Ended up being out there isolating in their own rooms for quite a while. GMB were keeping in touch with them and their families, and I think ended up arranging for some different type of tests to be sent out which worked slightly differently. Think the government/embassy got involved at some point as well. 

If it's a similar situation for Salah, he could end up being out for quite a while.

Archived