IGNORED

more free to air prem games coming our way

Never to the dark side

7 hours ago, pillred said:

I can imagine people saying the same thing about us when we reach the premier league to be fair.

Lets dream 2022 we will be top of the prem and everyone in the world will be watching us. If Leicester did it why cant we dream? 

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Fulham v Everton. Wow..! 

Here's hoping they win the race for Burnley v Sheffield United too..! 

Considering their lack of success since the 80s Everton command big support. I know lots of people who have Everton as their second team after City or Rovers and even a couple who Everton is their only team. Assuming that is the same over the country that match on free to air will get decent viewing figures.

4 hours ago, City oz said:

Lets dream 2022 we will be top of the prem and everyone in the world will be watching us. If Leicester did it why cant we dream? 

Meanwhile back in the real world, I would like to think when we finally do go up we are not whipping boys like some that have suffered a torrid time in the top flight, no reason we couldn't become a team that is at least competitive with most other teams, The stadium would not be big enough for even a reasonably successful Bristol City which is why I was disappointed we couldn't move to Ashton vale, there are some on here that think the stadium is plenty big enough, me personally having been to Wembley to watch us in the various incarnations of the EFL trophy with 40,000 odd fellow Bristolians I beg to differ.

15 minutes ago, pillred said:

Meanwhile back in the real world, I would like to think when we finally do go up we are not whipping boys like some that have suffered a torrid time in the top flight, no reason we couldn't become a team that is at least competitive with most other teams, The stadium would not be big enough for even a reasonably successful Bristol City which is why I was disappointed we couldn't move to Ashton vale, there are some on here that think the stadium is plenty big enough, me personally having been to Wembley to watch us in the various incarnations of the EFL trophy with 40,000 odd fellow Bristolians I beg to differ.

Bloody hell . Nothing wrong with dreaming but let’s not run before we can walk . Very much a touch of gas delusion about your post. Same as with those *****, at least 15,000 of those at Wembley were day trippers . We haven’t got 40,000 fans , nowhere near it 

45 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Bloody hell . Nothing wrong with dreaming but let’s not run before we can walk . Very much a touch of gas delusion about your post. Same as with those *****, at least 15,000 of those at Wembley were day trippers . We haven’t got 40,000 fans , nowhere near it 

What about the away fans? we have at least 20,000 odd regular supporters and that's for Championship games, how many fans of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man utd would want to visit Ashton gate? do you really think a 27,000 seat stadium is enough? we were pretty indifferent the last time we were in the top flight and still had many crowds over 30,000, yes I was also there when we had much lower crowds but overall if we reach the top flight I reckon if by then you are not a season ticket holder it will be a struggle for you to get a ticket for any of the more glamourous ties.

18 minutes ago, pillred said:

What about the away fans? we have at least 20,000 odd regular supporters and that's for Championship games, how many fans of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man utd would want to visit Ashton gate? do you really think a 27,000 seat stadium is enough? we were pretty indifferent the last time we were in the top flight and still had many crowds over 30,000, yes I was also there when we had much lower crowds but overall if we reach the top flight I reckon if by then you are not a season ticket holder it will be a struggle for you to get a ticket for any of the more glamourous ties.

They’ll have the Atyeo obviously. Our average gate in the first division was about 23,000 . It’s absolute tripe to say we got 40,000 fans , utter rubbish . ?

1 hour ago, pillred said:

In total agreement about the size of the stadium 

If we do get promoted the catchment area is absolutely huge and if can remain competitive the potential crowds we could get could be enormous 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

They’ll have the Atyeo obviously. Our average gate in the first division was about 23,000 . It’s absolute tripe to say we got 40,000 fans , utter rubbish . ?

We probably have - but they never have, never will be regular attendees, rather than occasional day trippers. 

The first (couple of) season up, no doubt every game would be sold out. 

Beyond that, your "big" team opponents will always attract extra interest, but half the season would be against the likes of Burnley, Watford, Fulham, West Brom, Norwich, Sheffield United, Bournemouth, Stoke, Palace, etc of the footballing world and won't be deemed as "attractive" after the novelty wears off and the number of games we win is lower. 

I'd rather have a full Ashton Gate all the time, with day trippers missing out, than a massive stadium that's half empty half the time. Especially after the almost guaranteed return to the Championship returns. 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Who said we have 40,000 fans I merely said that I had been to Wembley when we had that many in attendance which shows that given the right game and a lot of those (not all) could be classed as more attractive than City v Walsall. By the way you seem very aggressive I would never call one of your posts utter rubbish even if in the past I may have thought that, it's my personal opinion you have yours and in my opinion history will prove you to be wrong, just don't moan when you can't get a ticket for a game you want to see obviously if you are a season ticket holder this wont be a problem. 

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

We probably have - but they never have, never will be regular attendees, rather than occasional day trippers. 

The first (couple of) season up, no doubt every game would be sold out. 

Beyond that, your "big" team opponents will always attract extra interest, but half the season would be against the likes of Burnley, Watford, Fulham, West Brom, Norwich, Sheffield United, Bournemouth, Stoke, Palace, etc of the footballing world and won't be deemed as "attractive" after the novelty wears off and the number of games we win is lower. 

I'd rather have a full Ashton Gate all the time, with day trippers missing out, than a massive stadium that's half empty half the time. Especially after the almost guaranteed return to the Championship returns. 

That's a bit defeatist but I get where your coming from, it would seem a shame to have to turn away thousands of paying guests on the at least 7 or 8 times a season when we could sell many thousands of extra seats I mean even half full the stadium will already be there if it was too big for half the time would it really matter? I mean most of the time I have supported city until very recently the ground has always been half full at best and for long periods less then that but it was there for when we had those large crowds which meant that people were able to get tickets for the games.

30 minutes ago, pillred said:

That's a bit defeatist but I get where your coming from, it would seem a shame to have to turn away thousands of paying guests on the at least 7 or 8 times a season when we could sell many thousands of extra seats I mean even half full the stadium will already be there if it was too big for half the time would it really matter? I mean most of the time I have supported city until very recently the ground has always been half full at best and for long periods less then that but it was there for when we had those large crowds which meant that people were able to get tickets for the games.

Yeah I do know what you mean, but I think it's more realistic, than defeatest. 

Ashton Gate is perfectly sized for us right now and unless we sustained Premier league status for a few years, I just wouldn't see it as worth the effort or investment, to accommodate those that can't be bothered currently and probably wouldn't again if we dropped or once the novelty wears off. 

If they were that keen on supporting us, we'd be full every week already, in which case I'd agree it's not big enough. 

1 hour ago, pillred said:

Who said we have 40,000 fans I merely said that I had been to Wembley when we had that many in attendance which shows that given the right game and a lot of those (not all) could be classed as more attractive than City v Walsall. By the way you seem very aggressive I would never call one of your posts utter rubbish even if in the past I may have thought that, it's my personal opinion you have yours and in my opinion history will prove you to be wrong, just don't moan when you can't get a ticket for a game you want to see obviously if you are a season ticket holder this wont be a problem. 

Not aggressive at all ? just don’t agree with you that’s all. Yes I am a season ticket holder 

18 hours ago, pillred said:

I’m not sure capacity / tickets sold are , or would be a major factor Pill

I think most overlook that the big financial leg up with the stadium development is , and will be , from the facilities to generate a sizeable income stream , corporate , multi use hire of stadium facilities 365 days a year

I would expect any new future development to maximise commercial revenue as opposed to creating maximum capacity

Archived