IGNORED

Cocu sacked - confirmed

Super

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Rumour is the takeover will go through next week, if the bloke is as minted as his relative at Man City my guess is that they will be after a much bigger name than Cook, Monk or LJ.

Then the joys of FFP will bite them in the rear end again.

57 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Just our luck!! ?‍♂️

Just hope we are able to pick-up where we left off before the International break.....??

I remember many saying the same thing when Terry Yorath took over at Swansea before we played them in a midweek game at The Vetch and that certainly didn't have the desired affect.

57 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Really!! You think the toothless EFL would take positive action. 

I do, they have done and they will continue to do so. A bit like a random Catherine Wheel rather that a surgical strike, but they do seem to try.

The highest quality managers are expensive and the already dodgy FFP position would not be improved by the hiring of one.

I have to say that having the great Rooney as even a temporary manager is not something that excites the local folk (I live near East Midlands Airport roughly equidistant between Leicester, Nottingham and Derby) in any way shape or form, but personally with the match next week I would be delighted :)

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Think you’re right.

Rosenior will probably be nominally in charge against us. 

Rumour is the takeover will go through next week, if the bloke is as minted as his relative at Man City my guess is that they will be after a much bigger name than Cook, Monk or LJ.

EFL need to get in there hard and fast to make sure they live within their means, to an extent.

4 hours ago, Midred said:

They'll perhaps award them the six points deduction that Wednesday returned last month!

Haha if you mean allocate the 6 points Sheffield Wednesday returned awarded as a deduction to Derby, I'm liking the thinking. Split the difference...?

@GrahamC Hi. Fairly sure that the Football League do have the powers. Reading this summer and last summer were under restrictions, others have been as well.

See the FFP thread for a starting point to a blueprint, and the Football League actually do this stuff first hand so here's hoping...?

21 hours ago, bemmyredjeff said:

I remember many saying the same thing when Terry Yorath took over at Swansea before we played them in a midweek game at The Vetch and that certainly didn't have the desired affect.

A top night out was that.

"Yorath is back, Yorath is back, Hello, Helloooo..... and now you're  gonna believe us, the welsh are f'kin shit. The welsh are f'kin shit, the welsh are f'kin shit..."

Marvellous. 

Archived