IGNORED

The Formula One Thread

Tipps69

To be fair I think he is widely regarded as being one of the best of the next generation, and one who should challenge for World Championships when given the right car. It's quite telling that the top 4 teams all have one young 'star' that they expect to go long with, those being Verstappen, Norris, Leclerc and from next year, Russell, though Norris is a bit younger than the rest of them.

16 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I know next to nothing about F1, but how come no one is mentioning Bristol's Lando Norris ?

Lando had a good race, did everything he could do and finished second. Bear in mind though that both Hamilton and Verstappen didn't finish.

With Lando going to Mercedes next season, you'd have to assume he will be further up the grid on a more consistent basis due to having a better car at his disposal. 

Time will tell with him, but he does seem to be one of (if not the best) young drivers to come onto the scene for a long time. A couple of seasons with Hamilton (maybe) could only be a good thing for him.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, frenchred said:

because he’s not in the best car so has no chance?

42 minutes ago, Taz said:

Lando had a good race, did everything he could do and finished second. Bear in mind though that both Hamilton and Verstappen didn't finish.

With Lando going to Mercedes next season, you'd have to assume he will be further up the grid on a more consistent basis due to having a better car at his disposal. 

Time will tell with him, but he does seem to be one of (if not the best) young drivers to come onto the scene for a long time. A couple of seasons with Hamilton (maybe) could only be a good thing for him.

Yes, I understand that, but I was talking of general national media, they hardly mention him............" oh, by the way some chap from somewhere in England  got a podium finish, in the main news Hamilton takes the knee " !

52 minutes ago, Taz said:

It's George Russell going to Merc next year, not Lando.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Nothing bright about that

Bloke is a total b#####d

One of the greatest ever, and actually uses his platform to speak about genuine issues the world faces. He can be petulant and immature at times but I've got a lot of respect for him doing that, plenty don't.

He's won nearly 10% of all Grands Prix ever run now. I know it's 'easier' in these modern times with more races, but still an incredible stat. I think when Schumi retired he was at just over 11%, which is also mental.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nebristolred said:

One of the greatest ever, and actually uses his platform to speak about genuine issues the world faces. He can be petulant and immature at times but I've got a lot of respect for him doing that, plenty don't.

I think the issues he uses his platform for is the reason a lot of people don’t like him unfortunately.

I don’t really find him arrogant at all. He’s a top tier sportsman, he wants to win and expects everything at a certain level of performance and if it isn’t he’ll question why it isn’t. He normally says it quite calmly over the team radio, and even if let down by the team at a pit stop say, he’s pretty calm and tries to use it as motivation.

After every race he thanks the crowd even if he gets booed by fans, or monkey chants in the early days at Monza. He’s always gracious to other competitors, even after the race just gone he said Max must have had a hell of a race, ‘commiserated’ for Lando after what he saw and is always on social media supporting other drivers such as Russell when he crashed.

Im sure there has been a few occasions where he has acted out of line or said something that comes across negative to his character but I think LH gets a harsh wrap from a lot of people for not any real reason.

His dress sense is very odd though so I’ll give them that.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, grifty said:

I think the issues he uses his platform for is the reason a lot of people don’t like him unfortunately.

I don’t really find him arrogant at all. He’s a top tier sportsman, he wants to win and expects everything at a certain level of performance and if it isn’t he’ll question why it isn’t. He normally says it quite calmly over the team radio, and even if let down by the team at a pit stop say, he’s pretty calm and tries to use it as motivation.

After every race he thanks the crowd even if he gets booed by fans, or monkey chants in the early days at Monza. He’s always gracious to other competitors, even after the race just gone he said Max must have had a hell of a race, ‘commiserated’ for Lando after what he saw and is always on social media supporting other drivers such as Russell when he crashed.

Im sure there has been a few occasions where he has acted out of line or said something that comes across negative to his character but I think LH gets a harsh wrap from a lot of people for not any real reason.

His dress sense is very odd though so I’ll give them that.

There is certainly no sense involved with that at all!

Brilliant race yesterday from a tactical perspective.

I'm a LH fan but brilliant drive from Max. Convinced he was saving some of his tyres life for those last few laps when Lewis had closed the gap to nearly within DRS range.

Great effort from Perez as well as was ill before the race and then had no drink for the entire thing.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TomF said:

Yep although I had no faith LH was going to get around to overtaking him. 

The mercedes does seem quicker at moment, it will be interesting to see how it goes next couple of races.   I can't help think we're going to have one more 'incident' before the end of the season. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there's more than one.

When it gets down to the last few races and Verstappen has that shot at a first World Championship he isn't backing out of anything with Lewis (not that he has done so far!).

23 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Brilliant race yesterday from a tactical perspective.

I'm a LH fan but brilliant drive from Max. Convinced he was saving some of his tyres life for those last few laps when Lewis had closed the gap to nearly within DRS range.

Great effort from Perez as well as was ill before the race and then had no drink for the entire thing.

Yeah it was a funny one because although there wasn't much wheel to wheel racing at the front, you always felt that someone was a slight mistake away from losing/winning it.

• Like 1