IGNORED

The Formula One Thread

Tipps69

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Not the most knowledgeable F1 watcher but the commentators were saying they'd be interested in knowing if Max had straightened his steering wheel to edge Hamilton out, while he's hardly full lock or anything Max doesn't straighten his steering wheel. Would think he could argue he just misjudged just how late he could leave the corner given he hasn't straightened the wheel.

The only way he makes that corner on that line is to brake earlier than Lewis. Max deliberately steamed into the corner with no intention of staying on track. He forced Lewis to either back off or have a collision. Most likely outcome is a three place grid drop at the next GP.

They won't penalise Max in the results from Brazil.

As others have said I think he may end up with a grid penalty for this weekend.

Whether it should be considered here or not, I think Max's history of refusing to back out and causing a collision is a factor here. Looks as though he has taken the same standpoint there - if Lewis wants to get past he will have to hit me so I'll just run us both off the track.

He needs to learn and fast IMO as he won't have Red Bull forever. 

5 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

They won't penalise Max in the results from Brazil.

As others have said I think he may end up with a grid penalty for this weekend.

Whether it should be considered here or not, I think Max's history of refusing to back out and causing a collision is a factor here. Looks as though he has taken the same standpoint there - if Lewis wants to get past he will have to hit me so I'll just run us both off the track.

He needs to learn and fast IMO as he won't have Red Bull forever. 

Personally i don’t think it’s a penalty but i didn’t think Norris was a penalty in Austria or others. Now they need to be consistent not change things just because there’s a championship at stake.

Hopefully they can start 2022 with fewer penalties and let the drivers sort things out between them which could make things interesting  

Edited by East Londoner

11 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Personally i don’t think it’s a penalty but i didn’t think Norris was a penalty in Austria or others. Now they need to be consistent not change things just because there’s a championship at stake.

Hopefully they can start 2022 with fewer penalties and let the drivers sort things out between them which could make things interesting  

When they showed the Austria footage and if that had been a gravel trap in Brazil like that I’m sure would have been a penalty there. Like what happened with Norris and Perez

• Admin

Most exciting season for years, let’s hope penalties and technical infringements don’t spoil it.  Red Bull still seem pretty sure there is something Mercedes are doing with the rear wing to achieve what the flexible rear wing was - reduced downforce and increased straight line speed..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, East Londoner said:

Always felt the Norris penalty at Austria was harsh.

He was ahead the whole time and stuck to the racing line, not deliberately push Perez off.

Add in that they say they are more lenient on the first lap/first lap after a safety car (which it was) and Norris was penalised for Perez being overambitious.

Whereas Max here should have been an open and shut "he forced him wide".

5 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

No penalty for Verstappen, about right in my opinion.

Absolute nonsense, he made no attempt to make the corner, just force them both off.

If someone isn't allowed to overtake off track, you shouldnt be able to force both off in defence.

This has now set a precedent where it will be impossible for Hamilton to overtake Verstappen around the outside, because Max will just do the same thing every time, "hit me and we both DNF or go off track and lose time"

I guarantee if Bottas does this to Verstappen next race and Max hits him (because he flat out refuses to ever back out no matter what) you will be complaining about it.

• Admin
53 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Absolute nonsense, he made no attempt to make the corner, just force them both off.

If someone isn't allowed to overtake off track, you shouldnt be able to force both off in defence.

This has now set a precedent where it will be impossible for Hamilton to overtake Verstappen around the outside, because Max will just do the same thing every time, "hit me and we both DNF or go off track and lose time"

I guarantee if Bottas does this to Verstappen next race and Max hits him (because he flat out refuses to ever back out no matter what) you will be complaining about it.

Will the next race have a run off area like that, doubt it, each incident needs to be judged separately.

• Admin
18 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

it does on multiple corners.

Not even attempting to make the corner to force someone wide should be a penalty regardless of track or layout.

The stewards with all the data they have, obviously felt that wasn’t the case, if you know better why not offer your services.

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

The stewards with all the data they have, obviously felt that wasn’t the case, if you know better why not offer your services.

That's not actually true.

The stewards lacked data at the time the decision was made.

No change was made because they ruled (bizarrely) the new evidence wasn't "significant".

However what has been very evident throughout this thread is your anti LH stance.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

That's not actually true.

The stewards lacked data at the time the decision was made.

No change was made because they ruled (bizarrely) the new evidence wasn't "significant".

However what has been very evident throughout this thread is your anti LH stance.

Yep, not someone I admire, it was boring seeing one of the best drivers in the best car leading processions, he wasn’t keen when Rosberg was his team mate and now has to fight for his position as WC, something the sport has been missing a long time.

I’ve never denied his ability, although this season he’s had his fair share of luck to still be in the game this season - the red flag earlier this season, Verstappens blowout, Bottas taking Verstappen out ( yes, I know, totally without malice or intent) and a meaningless 5 second penalty at Silverstone - that doesn’t detract from his achievements or ability, I’ve just never been a fan.

3 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Yep, not someone I admire, it was boring seeing one of the best drivers in the best car leading processions, he wasn’t keen when Rosberg was his team mate and now has to fight for his position as WC, something the sport has been missing a long time.

I’ve never denied his ability, although this season he’s had his fair share of luck to still be in the game this season - the red flag earlier this season, Verstappens blowout, Bottas taking Verstappen out ( yes, I know, totally without malice or intent) and a meaningless 5 second penalty at Silverstone - that doesn’t detract from his achievements or ability, I’ve just never been a fan.

10 second penalty at Silverstone.

And Verstappen has had more than his share of luck as well.

Very fortunate not to get penalties on several occasions this season.

So Hamilton on pole, Verstappen and then Bottas, but Perez down in 11th to start.

Seen some things saying it's hard to follow at Losail, and potentially could even become a 3 stop (although think thats unlikely).

Drivers happy when they have clean air though, so might be a rare occasion this season where the overcut is stronger than the undercut, depends how quickly and how far they get from the rest of the grid.

What a drive from Fernando yesterday! Helped by the VSC and a strange strategy from Perez but fair play to him!

Not really a fan of LH or MV but really hope they're as close as possible, as well as the constructors, going into the last race. Will be toxic and fantastic, whatever people's opinions they've both had fantastic seasons and nice to have a proper rivalry!

• Like 1