IGNORED

The Formula One Thread

Tipps69

25 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

The regs say that after letting lapped cars through, the safety car should complete a further lap before entering the pits. They just didn’t follow their own procedures. Reckon this could end in a count back and Lewis awarded the win.

Here’s hoping !

Lewis has been cheated IMO.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

At best they should null the race and let them share the championship. 

Not sure a protest to "apply the rules as they are written" ending in a decision to not apply the rules as they written seems particularly logical - if the result is null and void, it is definitively clear who is to be determined as the winner of the drivers championship.

I'm not sure I'd want the decision to be changed from now.

I'd prefer it if they learnt from the experience and tightened up the rules. I also think there should be 2-3 assistant race directors who take the DPs calls from the main race director and shield them from potential influence like what we saw with Horner and Woolf.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, grifty said:

I'm not sure I'd want the decision to be changed from now.

I'd prefer it if they learnt from the experience and tightened up the rules. I also think there should be 2-3 assistant race directors who take the DPs calls from the main race director and shield them from potential influence like what we saw with Horner and Woolf.

Completely agree. As much as I think the race finish was a farce, it would be even worse if it is overturned.

As it is, use this to sack Masi and have some serious investigation into the rulebook, with driver input.

F1 has become a farce. Racing comes last.

Pit stops, tyres, pit strategy, safety car, red flags, stewards etc etc..racing is now at a premium.

Today's result was the equivalent of being 3 up, and the ref deciding it's going to penalties instead and VAR taking over.

F1 has all the ingredients to be a great sport...spoilt by rules and regs.

Let them friggin race, make cars suitable for racing and tracks that allow passing. It's not rocket science is it. 

1 minute ago, TomF said:

So sounds like there is a get out of jail card for Massi where what he decides overrides any other rule 

Similar to a football referee deciding in the last minute of the Champions League final that the handball rule is abolished and allowing a goal carried into the net NFL style and afterwards UEFA saying referee’s decision is final. True that the referee’s decision is final, but most teams that won that way wouldn’t feel comfortable.