IGNORED

The Formula One Thread

Tipps69

1 minute ago, WarksRobin said:

So basically it was Mercedes vs Red Bull in the stewards’ room, and the stewards gratefully agreed with Red Bulls interpretation

Yep Horner said “the rules that you made up on the spot to let us win were fair” and the stewards said “Gosh, you agree, that’s great, that’s 2:1 in favour of Max, so majority rules. Case dismissed.”

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

The wording is an interesting point on how Red Bull argued that 'any' cars for underlapping doesn't have to mean 'all' cars, ie Masi being right to remove cars which would influence natural racing.

Yeah, but they’re being disingenuous, if they were really interested in natural racing, LH would have 11 seconds and new tyres to go back to the equivalent position before the safety car. Or not have the safety car and have carnage. Giving MV an 11 second leg up and a tippity top set of soft tyres wasn’t anything to do with natural racing (not saying you’re saying this btw), just kicked LH twice and then 3 times with the 5 lapped cars. Reasonably extraordinary decision making all round, has a whiff of the F1 owners thinking more money to be made going WWE style, maybe they’re right, but pretty unsavoury. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If the title had been decided on track without anything else, I'd have been fine with it?

Why are you happy for a blatant screwjob?

answer that one instead of acting a ***

Max did nothing wrong and the abuse he is getting is pathetic. Making him wait so long after was a disgrace.

6 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Makes a nice change

At least LH can blame something else for him not winning

I can understand not wanting Lewis to win because he's won 7 in a row and it can get stale, or perhaps because of his extra-curricular activities, but I don't think you can say he blames others? Did you watch the interviews with Button after the race? And see him on the podium? And did you see Max last week on the podium?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grifty said:

I can understand not wanting Lewis to win because he's won 7 in a row and it can get stale, or perhaps because of his extra-curricular activities, but I don't think you can say he blames others? Did you watch the interviews with Button after the race? And see him on the podium? And did you see Max last week on the podium?

Sorry but when LH wins its all about him

When he gets beat its the cars fault   Wrong tyre choice from the team   Wrong pit stops 

Blames every body and everything bar himself

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Max did nothing wrong and the abuse he is getting is pathetic. Making him wait so long after was a disgrace.

Hamilton was 12 seconds up the road, keeping pace with Verstappen on much older hard tyres. Courtesy of a yellow flag and some mysterious ruling on the restart MV is suddenly, through no skill of his own, right behind Hamilton on fresh soft tyres. If you think that is fair or a good look for F1 you are deluded. Max may well have done nothing wrong but the real disgrace is allowing that situation to occur. Fastest car / driver lost the race because of stupid rules.

• Like 4

Just now, Maltshoveller said:

When he gets beat its the cars fault   Wrong tyre choice from the team   Wrong pit stops 

That's not true though.

Literally every race he's won this season he's said about how good a job the team has done, including the people back at the factory.

So why do you, as well as Super continually tell lies?

Yeah bloody Mercedes.

Got completely cheated out of winning the title. Should just throw their arms up and say ‘never mind’, and allow Verstappen to celebrate.

Bloody Mercedes.

As for criticising Hamilton, I thought he was remarkably calm and restrained after the race. Can confirm I’d have carried on like a right *****.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

That's funny, cus all last weekend, this week and even during the race today, all I've heard from Verstappen is about how everyone is out to get him and he never gets any rulings go his way. 

Comes across as Alex Ferguson on wheels. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Horner giving “let them race” to Masi - would have been fairer to red flag and let them both change tyres and if MV won from there, unlucky for LH, but fair enough. The sequence of events that Masi allowed was nonsense. 

Masi shot himself in the foot as he was asked essentially about the exact scenario that came up and said there would be no red flag, I agree it would have been the fairest. 

I think rules need to be reviewed, not the biggest of watchers but a couple of ideas ie no changing tyres in the pits under a safety car (or a very minimum no changing to a different type) 

perhaps give authority to decrease the speed under safety car even further to allow cars to unlap easier and have an instruction that no unlapping between turns x and y so that no danger is in place. That way today you could have got all cars unlapped on the other side of the track to the incident where it would be safe to do so. 

• Like 1

• Admin

One loser here, F1.  Myself and Mrs Maesknoll have been following F1 for years, she is a Hamilton fan, I never really had a Driver I followed, but was at Barcelona when Verstappen won his first GP - followed his career and wanted him to win the Championship since then.

Today, he was unable to keep pace with Hamilton’s car, doubt there is much between them in driving ability, Mercedes have really sorted their car in the last few races, I thought it was over.  The Drivers have done nothing wrong, the FIA and Micheal Massi have potentially undone a lot of the good work in garnering interest and new support for F1, terrible way to end the season, not sure what the outcome can be now, maybe voiding the race is one option, Max keeps his title, even Mrs M the Hamilton fan thinks the result shouldn’t be overturned and she is talking about not following the sport anymore, after many years.

• Like 2

I’m genuinely struggling to think of a bigger sporting robbery. The only two events that come close is when the judges scored Canelo that win against the Eastern European chap and when Bobby Reid scored a 90th minute equaliser against Brentford to get us a 2-2 draw a few years ago. 

Still… it’s funny. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Horner giving “let them race” to Masi - would have been fairer to red flag and let them both change tyres and if MV won from there, unlucky for LH, but fair enough. The sequence of events that Masi allowed was nonsense. 

The same Horner who wanted the rules applied like it was any other race and had they been there wouldn’t be any controversy

34 minutes ago, Super said:

Its not that he won but the way he won and had it been the other way round it would’ve been just as unfair. It was meant to be an F1 title decider rather than a WWE entertainment show and that leaves a bitter after taste 

• Like 1