IGNORED

The Formula One Thread

Tipps69

7 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Masi shot himself in the foot as he was asked essentially about the exact scenario that came up and said there would be no red flag, I agree it would have been the fairest. 

I think rules need to be reviewed, not the biggest of watchers but a couple of ideas ie no changing tyres in the pits under a safety car (or a very minimum no changing to a different type) 

perhaps give authority to decrease the speed under safety car even further to allow cars to unlap easier and have an instruction that no unlapping between turns x and y so that no danger is in place. That way today you could have got all cars unlapped on the other side of the track to the incident where it would be safe to do so. 

Good points, think as a minimum a rule that is (broadly) the race director can decide what he wants is unhelpful as gives no certainty. And whilst Wolff is hardly the most likeable character in sport, Horner implying it was a good decision as aligned with “let them race” is ridiculous. Maybe next year Masi will tell Mercedes to remove Hamilton’s right rear tyre and Horner will also see that as being in the spirit of great sport. 

Edited by The Swan and Cemetery

9 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

One loser here, F1.  Myself and Mrs Maesknoll have been following F1 for years, she is a Hamilton fan, I never really had a Driver I followed, but was at Barcelona when Verstappen won his first GP - followed his career and wanted him to win the Championship since then.

Today, he was unable to keep pace with Hamilton’s car, doubt there is much between them in driving ability, Mercedes have really sorted their car in the last few races, I thought it was over.  The Drivers have done nothing wrong, the FIA and Micheal Massi have potentially undone a lot of the good work in garnering interest and new support for F1, terrible way to end the season, not sure what the outcome can be now, maybe voiding the race is one option, Max keeps his title, even Mrs M the Hamilton fan thinks the result shouldn’t be overturned and she is talking about not following the sport anymore, after many years.

They probably haven’t undone the good work in garnering interest as a lot of that interest was in Max, but what they’ve risked doing particularly with this wwe style entertainment over sport is risk alienating its core support 

7 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Masi shot himself in the foot as he was asked essentially about the exact scenario that came up and said there would be no red flag, I agree it would have been the fairest. 

I think rules need to be reviewed, not the biggest of watchers but a couple of ideas ie no changing tyres in the pits under a safety car (or a very minimum no changing to a different type) 

perhaps give authority to decrease the speed under safety car even further to allow cars to unlap easier and have an instruction that no unlapping between turns x and y so that no danger is in place. That way today you could have got all cars unlapped on the other side of the track to the incident where it would be safe to do so. 

I don't think it was a red flag scenario. The track stewards cleared Latifi's care pretty quickly. Virtual safety car and then a full safety car was probably the right call.

I agree pitting under the safety car should be limited to potentially safety/damage items only. This might be tough to police though as teams may start claiming their tyres were going to pop.

They can't go slower under the safety car. As it is, their tyres and brakes cool so much that it could potentially be dangerous if they are to start up full race speed go into the first corner and their brakes don't work.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

One loser here, F1.  Myself and Mrs Maesknoll have been following F1 for years, she is a Hamilton fan, I never really had a Driver I followed, but was at Barcelona when Verstappen won his first GP - followed his career and wanted him to win the Championship since then.

Today, he was unable to keep pace with Hamilton’s car, doubt there is much between them in driving ability, Mercedes have really sorted their car in the last few races, I thought it was over.  The Drivers have done nothing wrong, the FIA and Micheal Massi have potentially undone a lot of the good work in garnering interest and new support for F1, terrible way to end the season, not sure what the outcome can be now, maybe voiding the race is one option, Max keeps his title, even Mrs M the Hamilton fan thinks the result shouldn’t be overturned and she is talking about not following the sport anymore, after many years.

A very fair summation.

I'm a McLaren fan and have been for yonks. Now with Lando driving, I have a local boy (and alleged City fan) to cheer. 

As for other drivers, I've always had an admiration for Checo Perez. Yes, a bull in a china shop technique at times, but what he's achieved from a humble background and a nation not traditionally associated with F1 is amazing. 

There's always been aspects of FIA and F1 in general that are uncomfortable and have a whiff of corruption about them.  But I guess you can say the same about Fifa and football. Doesn't stop me watching that.

14 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Admit to being a bit surprised that they didn’t void the race, that would have allowed MV to win the title and Mercedes, whilst fully entitled to, would have looked more churlish in appealing. As it is Mercedes hardly have an option but to appeal, otherwise it’s the Wild West, which F1 appear to want, but pretty sure the real fans do not. 

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

A very fair summation.

I'm a McLaren fan and have been for yonks. Now with Lando driving, I have a local boy (and alleged City fan) to cheer. 

As for other drivers, I've always had an admiration for Checo Perez. Yes, a bull in a china shop technique at times, but what he's achieved from a humble background and a nation not traditionally associated with F1 is amazing. 

There's always been aspects of FIA and F1 in general that are uncomfortable and have a whiff of corruption about them.  But I guess you can say the same about Fifa and football. Doesn't stop me watching that.

Perez was brilliant for Verstappen today, that was proper “let them race”, got Max about 10 seconds back. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Super said:

You don't think it was a sensational lap from Max?

Come on mate, you can see we're all trying to have a discussion about the decision by the FIA & Masi about why a new rule seemed to be created mid race which heavily favoured Red Bull & Max.

This is the first season in a long time that 2 different constructors have been able to challenge for the title so closely. Either of the drivers could have won it and either would have deserved it. The issue is, now one of the best F1 seasons will be remembered for the wrong reasons.

Try to join in with the debate. You might learn a few things about F1.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grifty said:

Come on mate, you can see we're all trying to have a discussion about the decision by the FIA & Masi about why a new rule seemed to be created mid race which heavily favoured Red Bull & Max.

This is the first season in a long time that 2 different constructors have been able to challenge for the title so closely. Either of the drivers could have won it and either would have deserved it. The issue is, now one of the best F1 seasons will be remembered for the wrong reasons.

Try to join in with the debate. You might learn a few things about F1.

Apart from drivers in the fastest/best cars nearly always win

what else do we need to know

2 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Apart from drivers in the fastest/best cars nearly always win

what else do we need to know

In football the best teams nearly always win. In 100m final the fastest always win. In long jump the person who can jump the furthest wins.

Why do we need to watch any sport?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Super said:

****  off you pathetic ***

how ******* shit is your life that you troll on a forum?

5 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Think he is still to upset that LH lost to answer that

If Max had got ahead during the race, then I'd have no issue. It's the fact Masi broke FIA regs to manufacture the end of the race which gifted the win.

It isnt even a Hamilton thing, I'd be angry with this regardless of who the drivers are. Like Robbo I support McLaren and Norris.

You still havent answered why you keep lying about Hamilton though.

• Haha 1

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Super said:

Even on brand new softs vs 30 lap old hards, Lewis made a good attempt at retaking the spot. On the same tyres only Lewis wins that last lap. Totally contrived result from Liberty Media and I think I'm done with the "sport" too. If it's just gonna be a pantomime like WWE then it holds no interest for me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grifty said:

In football the best teams nearly always win. In 100m final the fastest always win. In long jump the person who can jump the furthest wins.

Why do we need to watch any sport?

As you just said The best person in those events win but none are relying on having the best equipment to help them win

3 minutes ago, grifty said:

To be fair, he’s wound you up something rotten ?

not even him, more been trolls on twitter, but anyone who trolls is a worthless *** regardless of where they do it

add in that the moderators here do **** all about trolling, but i got a week ban for calling robbored one.

this place is falling to shit and scum like Super are why

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 2