IGNORED

The Formula One Thread

Tipps69

1 hour ago, WarksRobin said:

It didn’t help that Max was slowing on the racing line. They need a rule that if you are  instructed to hand track position  back you need to do it by leaving the racing line so you don’t retain an advantage. 

I agree, he played all the dark arts and positioned himself in the middle of the track. What did he think would happen, amazing both cars didn’t wipe eachother out, or was that the aim?

4 hours ago, East Londoner said:

It seems it was more about getting to the drs zone second. Maybe they need to consider a rule for such a eventuality 

Maybe if they give a place back they cannot then regain it for half a lap/until after they pass the start line or for x amount of seconds? Seems a farce if the advantage is only for milliseconds

The Red Bull driver was given three different penalties at last weekend's Saudi Arabian Grand Prix for offences he was deemed to have committed while racing against Hamilton's Mercedes.

One was for overtaking while off the track, one was for forcing Hamilton off the circuit and one was for braking in front of him and causing a collision.

Yet Max can't see what the problem is!?

16 hours ago, Lrrr said:

I want odds for Perez/Bottas to crash into Hamilton/Max

Perez won't. Red Bull realistically need a 1st and 2nd in order to win the Constructors Championship. If Perez takes out Hamilton, Red Bull can only get 26 points and they are 28 points behind.

7 hours ago, Taz said:

The Red Bull driver was given three different penalties at last weekend's Saudi Arabian Grand Prix for offences he was deemed to have committed while racing against Hamilton's Mercedes.

One was for overtaking while off the track, one was for forcing Hamilton off the circuit and one was for braking in front of him and causing a collision.

Yet Max can't see what the problem is!?

Is he related to our prime minister? 

• Like 1

• Admin

Just listening to R5 Ellis and John, something they have brought up, what a shame we haven’t got Murray Walker commentating on this race, it would be fantastic.

Anyway, rivalry aside, I am hoping for a good clean race and I just want to see it settled without a controversial incident.  

13 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Just listening to R5 Ellis and John, something they have brought up, what a shame we haven’t got Murray Walker commentating on this race, it would be fantastic.

Anyway, rivalry aside, I am hoping for a good clean race and I just want to see it settled without a controversial incident.  

A scenario nobody’s mentioned is Max’s extra ‘win’ was the cynical two lap procession in Belgium. 

• Like 1

• Admin
45 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Difference is that was in a sporting context whereas that two lap procession  was a cynical exercise. Although if countback then goes to who has the most second places i assume Max would win then 

Add in Bottas taking him out (totally unintentionally, I’m not suggesting otherwise), two races of 0 points where he would have had a win and probably a second at least.

There’s not much point in the fencing and points scoring, as we’ll have to agree to disagree, but in my opinion, yet another season of Hamilton winning the title by circa 80 points would have once again diminished the appeal of F1, this season has sparked interest and has proven that it’s not a procession.

The technical dominance of Mercedes has been impressive, but any dominance that goes on too long isn’t good for a sport (unless of course City have a 10 year run winning the Prem and the Champions League…. ?)

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Watching FP3 it’s hard to see beyond Lewis with the pace he has. They look stupidly quick 

That’ll please the armchair twitter fans who’ve convinced themselves that if Max wins it’s because of the driver and if it’s Lewis it must be the car. 

It does amaze me how they let a F1 driver/team live rent free in their head 

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

For no other reason except that it's time someone else won it to keep it interesting.......go Max !!

I wonder if German fans thought that when Schumacher won fives years in a row and Vettel four in a row

At least with Red Bull starting on the softs there should be some intrigue regarding strategy tomorrow 

15 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

I wonder if German fans thought that when Schumacher won fives years in a row and Vettel four in a row

At least with Red Bull starting on the softs there should be some intrigue regarding strategy tomorrow 

Rather see it competitive rather than a version of Scottish football on 4 wheels. Softs, slicks, half erect dicks, who cares. Great to see it down to the wire for once.......go Max !!!

Edited by BigTone

Just now, BigTone said:

Rather see it competitive rather than a version of Scottish football on 4 wheels. Great to see it down to the wire for once.......go Max !!!

It was more a rhetorical question than criticism. Just curious as it seems a very British thing wanting the British guy to lose to make it more interesting 

1 minute ago, East Londoner said:

It was more a rhetorical question than criticism. Just curious as it seems a very British thing wanting the British guy to lose to make it more interesting 

I know that mate & wasn't having a dig. British or not means not a jot to me but just want to see it as competitive. This is the first time that has happened for a good while. Max wins & next year becomes very watchable.