IGNORED

The Formula One Thread

Tipps69

5 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Maybe I was being a tad harsh ….they are clearly athletes and have necks like tree trunks ….used to love watching Senna, Mansell etc …seems quite tame in comparison these days .

The g-forces will be considerably higher nowadays than back then. Though these days they're rarely going flat out, due to the annoying rules meaning it's essentially more beneficial to just look after your tyres.

8 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Streamja - Simple video sharing

Wolff is fuming, this could really mess up the Championship for a good few years. And I think it's pretty clear that the team that's gone over is Red Bull.

If (and it’s a big if) RB and their drivers are excluded from this years championship, it’s game on for Russell in the WDC

6 minutes ago, TomF said:

Max's win last year will be the most tainted thing in f1 for decades if they do get busted tho. As if it wasn't already bad enough.

Totally agree. As much as I don't like the bloke, it's not Max's fault though.

Ultimately, and I know he has 7 WDC's, this is so harsh on Lewis. He already has a huge amount of hate aimed at him, all he has to do is look the wrong way and he has an army of people turning on him. But were it not for this (possible) cheating, and 2 huge **** ups back in 2007, he could not only be the most successful driver of all time, but by some distance too.

I'm certainly not a Lewis fanboy, but nothing would make me happier than for him to get his win this year (so that he's won in every season he's raced), and then to go on and get an 8th title. The guy is a machine and IF he's been toppled through blatant and substantial cheating, then he deserves some sort of success from the effort he's put in, as do Ferrari and Leclerc.

As said above, the atmosphere and attitude of Red Bull stinks, and (again IF it's true) they deserve sanctions that hold them back throughout the whole period of these rules, which is the time period where they will reap the benefit of the cheating.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I could see them potentially excluding the team, but no chance they exclude the drivers imo. Ultimately it's not their fault, and it would become too much of a farce.

So you would allow an unsporting outcome to stand? If that’s the case why would Mercedes and Ferrari comply with the cap in future? The drivers championship is far more important than the constructors. 

• Admin
52 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I could see them potentially excluding the team, but no chance they exclude the drivers imo. Ultimately it's not their fault, and it would become too much of a farce.

Excuse my ignorance, but if the team were excluded who would they drive for? 

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

Excuse my ignorance, but if the team were excluded who would they drive for? 

For the team but their points in the constructors championship would be expunged

Im trying to remember whether the drivers or team were excluded when McClaren were found guilty of copying Ferrari design