Jump to content
IGNORED

The Formula One Thread


Tipps69
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

Imagine the meltdown had Lewis got pole and been gifted a race win, just seems very cynical to have a small procession behind the safety car to achieve a classification 

I’m no fan of Hamilton, but fair play to him for stating the fans should get their money back, I hope that 2 laps doesn’t constitute a race in regards to ticket refunds.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I’m no fan of Hamilton, but fair play to him for stating the fans should get their money back, I hope that 2 laps doesn’t constitute a race in regards to ticket refunds.

 

I suspect it will because they did the two laps to achieve a classification and they went through with the farcical podium too, whether external pressure is applied to give refunds remains to be seen 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TomF said:

So Russell to Mercedes.  No surprise but should be interesting to see how Lewis deals with it

There won't be any issues.

It's just the media shit stirring.

Only teammate Hamilton had a notable issue with was Rosberg.

Alonso- nothing (not from Hamiltons end, but Alonso didnt like a rookie outperforming him in season one when he himself was in his prime)

Kovalainen- nothing 

Button- minor argument over the crash in Canada 2011? As would be expected when teammates crash. Other than that nothing of note.

Bottas- put over by Hamilton as his favourite teammate to ghve worked with a day or two ago, very clearly no issues there.

 

Hamilton is now approaching the end of an incredibly successful career and while he will still want wins will be well aware that part of his remit over the next two seasons is to mould Russell into being the next champion, as his talent is there for all to see.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
11 minutes ago, Super said:

I don't think anyone was really to blame there

Crazy circumstances - either pit a second or so quicker or slower and it doesn’t happen.

Good to see McClaren win tho and Riccardio who always comes across as a likeable chap 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Could have been avoided if either were prepared to back off a bit. Not great role models.
 

I don’t understand why Mercedes pitted so early with a shortened stint on the hard tyres - they needed to go long to make the offset mediums work, as we saw with Bottas. 

I suspect it was connected to max having a 11 second stop 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's entirely Max's fault for me, not often I disagree with Brundle but I can't picture it any other way. Max is entitled to go into T1, Lewis gives him room. As they enter T2, Max is never making that corner, there is no room and he should back out, but he doesn't. And his radio message afterwards pretty much confirms that he knew it was naughty.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

That's entirely Max's fault for me, not often I disagree with Brundle but I can't picture it any other way. Max is entitled to go into T1, Lewis gives him room. As they enter T2, Max is never making that corner, there is no room and he should back out, but he doesn't. And his radio message afterwards pretty much confirms that he knew it was naughty.

It’s been coming for years with the whole yield or we crash attitude, combine that with the red mist after the 11 second pit stop and we got what we saw, max needs to realise his car has a brake pedal for a reason 

What was interested was Christian Horner afterwards who sounded just like Toto did after silverstone, i don’t really want to see Max get a penalty but you also need consistency 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
55 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Looking for track position, but it was too far from the flag for the mediums at that point.

If Hamilton gets a normal pit time in - say 2.5 secs he gets in front of Max. It should have been the perfect jump but that extra 1.5 sec or so in the pit stop pit him right in front of Max and the rest was envitable really. 
 

I don’t think Max can complain too much as he did the same on the first lap and Lewis backed off. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Not saying it was all his fault

bet im not the only person on the planet who thinks he is part to blame

I know for a fact LH wont take ANY of the blame

Why on earth should LH take any blame? What else should he have done?

E_GAsRMX0AYdxn7?format=png&name=900x900

At this point Verstappen should completely back out. He is not ahead, there is no gap to go for, and the little space that is there is fast running out. T2 in this situation has space for only one car and Hamilton is the one entitled to it. For Verstappen to also fit through there, Hamilton would pretty much have had to do a 90-degree right turn, why should he have to do that when it's his corner?

When even Christian Horner is refusing to apportion blame to Hamilton and is calling it a 'racing incident', then you know Hamilton has done nothing wrong.

Some people will criticise Hamilton for absolutely everything and clearly here is no exception for you.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Why on earth should LH take any blame? What else should he have done?

E_GAsRMX0AYdxn7?format=png&name=900x900

At this point Verstappen should completely back out. He is not ahead, there is no gap to go for, and what little space that is there is fast running out. T2 in this situation has space for only one car and Hamilton is the one entitled to it. For Verstappen to also fit through there, Hamilton would pretty much have had to do a 90-degree right turn, why should he have to do that when it's his corner?

When even Christian Horner is refusing to apportion blame to Hamilton and is calling it a 'racing incident', then you know Hamilton has done nothing wrong.

Some people will criticise Hamilton for absolutely everything and clearly here is no exception for you.

3 place grid penalty for Max says it all.

I lost respect for him today, not necessarily because of the incident but his attitude. He must have known he had been on top of Hamilton’s car and did not ask if he was ok. Radio message was basically “**** you” and he just walked off. Nasty little shit

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

3 place grid penalty for Max says it all.

I lost respect for him today, not necessarily because of the incident but his attitude. He must have known he had been on top of Hamilton’s car and did not ask if he was ok. Radio message was basically “**** you” and he just walked off. Nasty little shit

His dad was the same when he was in F1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
3 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Not saying it was all his fault

bet im not the only person on the planet who thinks he is part to blame

I know for a fact LH wont take ANY of the blame

I think in this case Max was at fault. Yes LH is untouchable at times but then in F1 to be the best sometimes don’t you have to be?  Senna drove like that, Schumacher we know did and Lewis does now.   Let’s be honest Max does as well as he’s likely to win many a title once LH departs.  Max pulled same move on L1 and Lewis backed off.  2nd time around with roles reversed and Max doesn’t.  
Hence the 3 grid penalty.  

In some respects it’s another round gone and Max has extended his lead.  It’s going the wire this one isn’t it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Max is a bit of a jumped up idiot at the moment.

For balance let’s not forget he is young. Nothing wrong with being a bit cocky and he is a fantastic driver. Karen Horner needs to have a look at himself though - needs to be a better mentor to Max but he just want the title no matter what it seems. He is just doing his job today I suppose defending Max, but the incident was 70:30 his fault. Just own it and apologise.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
13 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

For balance let’s not forget he is young. Nothing wrong with being a bit cocky and he is a fantastic driver. Karen Horner needs to have a look at himself though - needs to be a better mentor to Max but he just want the title no matter what it seems. He is just doing his job today I suppose defending Max, but the incident was 70:30 his fault. Just own it and apologise.

 

Funnily enough Horner thought it was a ‘racing incident’ today.. so obviously was Max’s fault 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...