IGNORED

The Formula One Thread

Tipps69

• Admin

Really enjoyed it, the strategy interests me as well as the wheel to wheel racing.  Hamilton may yet have to take another ICE, so when they do that will be interesting.

Personally hope Verstappen wins the title, if his tyre hadn’t blown and Bottas hadn’t taken him out (unintentionally I appreciate) he’d be even further ahead.

Hope there is a good battle to the end with nothing to mar the sport.

Unfortunately Mexico was decided pretty much at the first corner, i saw someone on twitter suggest that it’s made mandatory that teams are made to stop twice, there could be some legs in this as it was the differing strategies that made Austin so watchable. There was a hint of it with Hamilton and Perez yesterday but it’s not really the same when the leader is far down the road 

It does look like it’s Max’s title now, i actually don’t mind Max its Horner who irritates me although so many things have gone in his favour this year with the exception of Silverstone, winning when an unscheduled rule change only impact your main rival does seem a little hollow however 

35 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Some shenanigans going on in Brazil, more drama than the Old Vic…..

Hamiltons car under investigation and Verstappen called to the stewards ref a parc ferme breach.

The latter relating to Verstappen apparently touching (sabotaging ? ?) the DRS part of Hamilton’s car that is under investigation!

• Admin
47 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

The latter relating to Verstappen apparently touching (sabotaging ? ?) the DRS part of Hamilton’s car that is under investigation!

More likely he realised that the DRS had something amiss, as Hamilton was so fast, whatever Verstappen did will be on plenty of video, so that can be cleared up easily.

Just now, Maesknoll Red said:

More likely he realised that the DRS had something amiss, as Hamilton was so fast, whatever Verstappen did will be on plenty of video, so that can be cleared up easily.

Of course, I was being facetious when I suggested sabotage, hence the ?.

I suspect, as you say, MV got wind of the investigation and went to see for himself.

It seems potentially the title has been decided in the stewards room. Is something of an anti climax. F1 has this unique ability to shoot itself in the foot 

Obviously it’s not over till the fat lady sings but Lewis now effectively needs Max to have a dnf to have a chance which could happen but is probably unlikely  

• Admin
1 hour ago, East Londoner said:

It seems potentially the title has been decided in the stewards room. Is something of an anti climax. F1 has this unique ability to shoot itself in the foot 

Obviously it’s not over till the fat lady sings but Lewis now effectively needs Max to have a dnf to have a chance which could happen but is probably unlikely  

Not sure that the stewards had any other choice, every car that fails parc ferme scrutineering is disqualified, without exceptional reason.  Vettel was disqualified earlier this season for not having enough fuel left in the tank to test at the end of a race, he appealed and lost.  The fact that Hamilton gained a second on Verstappen from the last GP did point to quite an extraordinary performance increase.

7 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Of course, I was being facetious when I suggested sabotage, hence the ?.

I suspect, as you say, MV got wind of the investigation and went to see for himself.

€50,000 fine, ouch.

5 minutes ago, TomF said:

Whatever you think of Lewis that was absolutely incredible driving. That overtake on Lando at the end, damn. 

That was a really enjoyable watch bodes well for an enjoyable race tomorrow 

55 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Not sure that the stewards had any other choice, every car that fails parc ferme scrutineering is disqualified, without exceptional reason.  Vettel was disqualified earlier this season for not having enough fuel left in the tank to test at the end of a race, he appealed and lost.  The fact that Hamilton gained a second on Verstappen from the last GP did point to quite an extraordinary performance increase.

€50,000 fine, ouch.

I know it’s just very unfortunate timing, fortunately Lewis’ comeback drive in the sprint looks like the penalty isn’t going to be the deciding factor which is what nobody wants. Imagine the uproar if for example Max had to change his power unit at Abu Dhabi 

• Admin
30 minutes ago, TomF said:

Whatever you think of Lewis that was absolutely incredible driving. That overtake on Lando at the end, damn. 

Thought he’d pull plenty of places back, his car is so much faster on the straights and whilst I am no fan of his, I admire his ability.  Be a bit different tomorrow, but I expect him to be on the podium if there are no incidents.

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Don't really understand how or why Lewis' greatness is still called into question. Comparing era's is of course hard. But especially if he wins an 8th title this season he surely has to go down as the greatest ever. 

He's not dull like Schumacher was either, he's a proper box office racing driver. 

Yes, whatever you think of his opinions on certain things he is a phenomenal driver and one of the all time greats.

If only there was some obvious reason why some people don't like him ?