IGNORED

walsh and fam

Hampshire reds

It's a real pity Liam Walsh hasn't signed yet.  You'd think he would have given Dean Holden's encouraging words that suggest Walsh will get a good chance to prove himself this season. 

Perhaps he is holding out for a higher offer or is aware of interest from other clubs were he to be out of contract. He might regret it if he comes back and picks up an injury so I'd have thought he'd want the security being offered. 

I think he is a terrific player in the making but he is unproven yet in the Championship and football outside of the premiership is changing with less lucrative deals likely to be offered.  He should also see the opportunities being given to other young players.  Joe Morrell has gone to a struggling Championship club and is having to work for minutes on the pitch.  A move wont guarantee that for LW but he will get a good chance under Dean.  So, all in all, I think it is a mistake for him to hold off.

It's slightly different for Famara, he's proven himself at this level and his goals to minutes on the pitch ratio is better than most think.  He could get a good deal outside of the UK as well.  He's probably got his best career chance of getting a really good deal elsewhere given his age and decent track record.  That doesn't apply to Liam.  

Archived