IGNORED

Back to 5 subs

GrahamC

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Great for larger squads with strength in depth. Could it benefit us now ? A lot of our injuries happenes during the match not due to tiredness or fatigue.

My worry is shithouse teams like Preston and Warnock at Boro could time waste even more !?!?! Imagine bringing on 3 or 4 subs in the last 10 minutes.

I suspect it will be same as last time 5 subs but only 3 opportunities to make them.

Everyone should have seen this coming, surprising it was taken away given the condensed season. Said in another thread hopefully this puts an end to the mocking comments of ‘how hard is the life of a footballer’, too many games in a short period leads to much higher risk of injury. 

1 minute ago, markcarter said:

Whilst that’s true, the subs still come on to the pitch one by one, therefore increasing the time taken to make substitutions overall if there are 5 subs rather than 3 during a match.  It’s up to the refs to apply the correct amount of added time accordingly, which can still be very patchy.

I’ve actually seen a second numbers board at times to speed it up a bit

I don't think it's too bad in the championship where the gap in quality between most sides is small (even though this will benefit the relegated sides more than anyone)

But in the Premier League there are big gaps between the top 2, the next 5/6 and then the rest.

I can understand why the teams in the bottom half vote against it. 

8 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I don't think it's too bad in the championship where the gap in quality between most sides is small (even though this will benefit the relegated sides more than anyone)

But in the Premier League there are big gaps between the top 2, the next 5/6 and then the rest.

I can understand why the teams in the bottom half vote against it. 

You say that but Liverpools injury list is insane. Add the African nations cup which is going ahead after Christmas, so no Mane, Salah and Keita they will have a bench of 16 year olds and a few kids seven possibly starting. 

3 hours ago, joshthomson said:

You say that but Liverpools injury list is insane. Add the African nations cup which is going ahead after Christmas, so no Mane, Salah and Keita they will have a bench of 16 year olds and a few kids seven possibly starting. 

I don’t care about Liverpool. That will hurt a good 20% of the fanbase on otib! 

They’re 1 team in the entire league. 

Last season other teams had star players missing for quite a bit & Liverpool didn’t really other than the keeper for 7 but as soon as they do everyone in the world hears about it & rules should be changed to suit. 

Afcon affects teams all the time, they know it’s coming & should prepare for this. 

I’m sure they’ll be able to afford to buy a couple replacements by the time that starts in Jan anyway 

16 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Everyone should have seen this coming, surprising it was taken away given the condensed season. Said in another thread hopefully this puts an end to the mocking comments of ‘how hard is the life of a footballer’, too many games in a short period leads to much higher risk of injury. 

I’ve actually seen a second numbers board at times to speed it up a bit

That's always been a silly point of view, you're right hopefully people will understand but I doubt it

4 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I don’t care about Liverpool. That will hurt a good 20% of the fanbase on otib! 

They’re 1 team in the entire league. 

Last season other teams had star players missing for quite a bit & Liverpool didn’t really other than the keeper for 7 but as soon as they do everyone in the world hears about it & rules should be changed to suit. 

Afcon affects teams all the time, they know it’s coming & should prepare for this. 

I’m sure they’ll be able to afford to buy a couple replacements by the time that starts in Jan anyway 

With a pandemic that is as destructive throughout the world, the most sensible course of action for the sporting world should have been to close down all inter nation competition. 

From Grand Prix motor racing, major golf and tennis, football, cricket, rugby, etcetera, inter nation travel for non essential activities, should have been closed down.

I can understand that to continue within each country as a way of helping to maintain morale among the population. 

But we are flogging our footballers and rugby players by playing league games every three to four days so it's hardly surprising that so many are injured.

On 18/11/2020 at 07:15, MarcusX said:

That's always been a silly point of view, you're right hopefully people will understand but I doubt it

Footballers have it easy is a very silly point of view directly linked to jealousy of the money they are paid (which has nothing to do with the physical demands).

“They should get up at 6am and do a 50 hour week like I do” seems to be the favourite quote as though it’s the ultimate feat of physical endurance. Well that’s something billions of people have done every day for hundreds of years.

How many can do 12k of mainly sprinting and fast running for 90 minutes whilst getting kicked and elbowed and having to display a level of concentration, tactical awareness coupled with technical ability that 1 in 10000 people have? Then train for a couple of days then do it all again......

There are plenty of us that would like to do the above but we tried and realise that we don’t have it in us, simple as that. But we can all do the vast majority of 6am, 50 hours a week jobs with no problem at all.

Archived