IGNORED

Spain v Germany

Robbored

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Cor blimey! Spain 3 - 0 up inside 40mins!. The German defence is all over the place.

They do look ropey but I wouldn’t take much notice.. Germany will forever be the ultimate tournament team, regardless of how they get on in qualifiers or other pointless international’s they 9 times out of 10 turn up when it counts.

23 minutes ago, joshthomson said:

I was literally playing down the Spainish team the other day. Stating they are rapidly moving away from being a European force. After watching the highlights, oh how wrong I was!! Some great football and despite some interesting German defending, some extremely exciting to watch goals. 

German back line and general selection is embarrassing from Low.  Complete mess now. He bombs out Hummels but keeps picking Kroos and Gundogan. 

Get Flick back or Rangnick in. 

Spain look excellent.  Not sure about their depth but if they can steer clear of injuries and have a settled XI they could do well next summer 

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Scary thing is that if Spain can do that to the Germans, I would hate to imagine what they might do to one of the poorest England teams we've had for years.  It could be a cricket score.

One of the “poorest” England teams for years turned Spain over in Seville not that long ago by exploiting the one weakness they have in that IF you can get the ball off them there is plenty of space to run at and behind their back four. Even Germany proved that a couple of times last night.

I’ll stick my neck out and say that whilst Spain are better than us, no discussion needed, there is no way we would capitulate against them in the manner Germany did last night. Not a chance.

18 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Im under no illusions about england, but i still think that our full strength team will give most sides a good game. We are weaker in goal, central defence and left back as far as i can see, but going forwards we are a handfull

Agreed, GK and Centre Half are issues for us. Chilwell is OK at Left Back but I think longer term Saka will prove to be a very good Left Back. We have proved against proper sides that we can keep possession of the ball for decent periods, something that has always been an Achilles Heel for England.

19 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Im under no illusions about england, but i still think that our full strength team will give most sides a good game. We are weaker in goal, central defence and left back as far as i can see, but going forwards we are a handfull

Chilwell is up there with the best there are at left back, no problem there.

Archived