IGNORED

Season Card Refunds

Denbury Red

On 20/10/2020 at 15:39, Baldyman said:

Phoned the club and with 3 home games in close proximity, they’re refunding all 3 at the same time at the end of the month . A quick e-mail wouldn’t have gone amiss but hey-ho . 

You’ve obviously been given incorrect information, I’ve received one refund today, whether this is Middlesbrough late or Swansea early, I don’t know! ?

41 minutes ago, Portred said:

I have one adult and two u12 tickets. The first two games I received £20.69 refund before the games were played. This week I received £2.39 yesterday and another £2.39 this morning. Still £15 short of previous games???

So you have had the two U-12s and awaiting the adult

17 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Exactly the same thing happened to me with last seasons ST refund. I kept calling the club saying I hadn't received the refund. They kept telling me it had been processed some weeks before. Eventually I rang the CC company to see if there was anything they could do/see their end and it turned out they'd received the refund and applied it to the obsolete card. Funds were sat there and would still be unless I'd instructed the CC Company to transfer it to my new card - which is with the same CC company. Unbeleivable the CC Company didn't auto transfer it to my active card.  Might be worth ringing your card provider if you haven't already to see if they can do anything? 

Thanks for this. I have phoned them once, but the card company wouldn’t answer any questions, even though I had the account information! As I had closed the card several months before, moved home and have a new email address, they refused to even discuss things! Will try again to see if I get any luck.

Jerry has been calling me and doing what he can, but it seems the finance part of Bristol Sport won’t help or move as they have issued the refund to my old card. Bloody annoying as I contacted the club to let them know my circumstances when the refunds were first offered.

35 minutes ago, Old Rascal said:

Thanks for this. I have phoned them once, but the card company wouldn’t answer any questions, even though I had the account information! As I had closed the card several months before, moved home and have a new email address, they refused to even discuss things! Will try again to see if I get any luck.

Jerry has been calling me and doing what he can, but it seems the finance part of Bristol Sport won’t help or move as they have issued the refund to my old card. Bloody annoying as I contacted the club to let them know my circumstances when the refunds were first offered.

Could you do a “balance transfer” from your old card?

All refunds are being processed for October home games.

Please allow 3-5 working days for these to appear in your account.

This was the response I got today  to my email where I enquired as to when I would receive my Boro refund from Supporter Services.

Not very clear, when will I get my refund, has it been processed, if I don't know which date it was processed when will the 3-5 working days be from.

I responded by asking to please elaborate.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Could you do a “balance transfer” from your old card?

The card account the refund has been paid to is closed and obsolete.

But I have a bit of movement after calling them again today. My bank account hasn’t changed, so I have asked if the money is sat in this dormant account, can they transfer it to the bank account that was linked to the card? They have taken my details and get back to me. Will give them another call next week.

it’s becoming hard work to get this money back! 

I’ve been liasing  with Jerry - and have now had my refunds for both Boro and Swansea - I have three tickets and he tells me it is likely that we will now receive individual ticket refunds rather than one payment for all three.

I had payments received over three days - which just depends on the time the refund was processed - so hopefully everyone will understand not to panic if refunds seemed staggered!

46 minutes ago, screech said:

Still haven’t had my Boro refund.

Edit: Just wondering if it’s because I no longer have that card attached to my bank account and it’s refunded to the card and not the bank account?

Mine are all being refunded to a credit card I no longer use and so I’m ending up in credit on there. Having to then spend money on it to get the balance back to zero. 

When I asked the club if it could be changed to my debit card that they also have on record with them, they said no.

Their only advice was to cancel the credit card (I don’t want to do that, I keep it for emergencies) and then the payments would bounce each time they get refunded and then the club would manually issue them to me to my debit card, so I’m stuck with it happening this way instead! ?

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Mine are all being refunded to a credit card I no longer use and so I’m ending up in credit on there. Having to then spend money on it to get the balance back to zero. 

When I asked the club if it could be changed to my debit card that they also have on record with them, they said no.

Their only advice was to cancel the credit card (I don’t want to do that, I keep it for emergencies) and then the payments would bounce each time they get refunded and then the club would manually issue them to me to my debit card, so I’m stuck with it happening this way instead! ?

Same here Dolls

I’ll have to call the club Monday to find out if this is the case with me.
Doesn’t seem very flexible 

I think your credit card company can send you a cheque for the amount - might be best to wait until end of season though rather than get loads of individual ones 

I had a refund for cancelled flights onto my credit card and they did this for me 

13 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

I think your credit card company can send you a cheque for the amount - might be best to wait until end of season though rather than get loads of individual ones 

I had a refund for cancelled flights onto my credit card and they did this for me 

I’m filling the car up with petrol whenever it needs it, and paying via the credit card. Currently £90 in credit on there! 

Hello,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, if it has please delete

I pay for my season ticket by direct debit at £38 a month on top if that I'm paying for Robins TV at say £20 or £30 a month to see the games.  I get my pro rata refunds from the club at the end of the month

Ive asked the club what the consequences of cancelling my season ticket are? They've said PROBABLY no store discounts, possible loss of early bird discount for next seasons discount and possible loss of paying for my next season ticket by direct debit

Personally. I feel it just seems daft that Im paying money then getting refunds, so Im thinking of cancelling my season ticket  and paying for Robins TV on a pay as you go basis for now

Has anyone else done the same and cancelled their Season Ticket- thanks

6 hours ago, 54-46 said:

I had £2.48 credit on a card when I rang them up and asked for a refund by cheque , they don't do them anymore but if I gave them my bank details they would credit my account I said no. 18 months later a cheque turned up.

they refund to the card you used because they have to do that.

12 hours ago, Eastred said:

Hello,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, if it has please delete

I pay for my season ticket by direct debit at £38 a month on top if that I'm paying for Robins TV at say £20 or £30 a month to see the games.  I get my pro rata refunds from the club at the end of the month

Ive asked the club what the consequences of cancelling my season ticket are? They've said PROBABLY no store discounts, possible loss of early bird discount for next seasons discount and possible loss of paying for my next season ticket by direct debit

Personally. I feel it just seems daft that Im paying money then getting refunds, so Im thinking of cancelling my season ticket  and paying for Robins TV on a pay as you go basis for now

Has anyone else done the same and cancelled their Season Ticket- thanks

Don’t forget, you may lose your seat when renewal is due and who knows, we may get promoted!

Archived