IGNORED

Season Card Refunds

Denbury Red

14 hours ago, Eastred said:

Hello,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, if it has please delete

I pay for my season ticket by direct debit at £38 a month on top if that I'm paying for Robins TV at say £20 or £30 a month to see the games.  I get my pro rata refunds from the club at the end of the month

Ive asked the club what the consequences of cancelling my season ticket are? They've said PROBABLY no store discounts, possible loss of early bird discount for next seasons discount and possible loss of paying for my next season ticket by direct debit

Personally. I feel it just seems daft that Im paying money then getting refunds, so Im thinking of cancelling my season ticket  and paying for Robins TV on a pay as you go basis for now

Has anyone else done the same and cancelled their Season Ticket- thanks

I believe you also lose the overpayments made to date (so no more refunds etc even tho you will have paid for further into the season).

Do agree it’s very frustrating having dd monies come out each month then having to pay a fair bit for the robins tv coverage when the refund is a month behind. Our refund for season cards this month is around £170 (4 season cards). Not the easiest financial time for people and can understand why waiting for this sort of money makes things a lot tougher for some! 

2 minutes ago, Xspence said:

I believe you also lose the overpayments made to date (so no more refunds etc even tho you will have paid for further into the season).

Do agree it’s very frustrating having dd monies come out each month then having to pay a fair bit for the robins tv coverage when the refund is a month behind. Our refund for season cards this month is around £170 (4 season cards). Not the easiest financial time for people and can understand why waiting for this sort of money makes things a lot tougher for some! 

This may not be the case any more but didn`t cancelling a direct debit used to result in a warning note on your credit rating file that could affect things in the future?

On 25/10/2020 at 09:02, Lanterne Rouge said:

This may not be the case any more but didn`t cancelling a direct debit used to result in a warning note on your credit rating file that could affect things in the future?

On 25/10/2020 at 08:58, Xspence said:

It does seem to be a daft way to go about it.  Having to pay money to get it back sounds like the weirdest ponzi scheme imaginable!!

I cannot for the life me understand why the club don’t announce when refunds are being paid etc. The communication from the club on this is absolutely shocking, the whole season communication has been awful and commercial dept. is no better regards shirts and leisurewear. 

Do we as a fan base actually know who is in charge of the refunds or should contact.

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I cannot for the life me understand why the club don’t announce when refunds are being paid etc. The communication from the club on this is absolutely shocking, the whole season communication has been awful and commercial dept. is no better regards shirts and leisurewear. 

Do we as a fan base actually know who is in charge of the refunds or should contact.

Totally agree.

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Between this and issues with streaming (ie we do not know whether the club is actually voicing concerns on our behalf), comms is shocking and is the sort of things that make loyal fans state on record we are customers which is a terrible shame they feel like this. Not sure how or why it has got like this.

7 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

The only thing i can think is they don’t know. I can’t imagine the refund process is click a button and everyones money gets transferred. People play different amounts, paid in different ways etc. Don’t know how these things work though.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

The only thing i can think is they don’t know. I can’t imagine the refund process is click a button and everyones money gets transferred. People play different amounts, paid in different ways etc. Don’t know how these things work though.

It should be that easy

It's just the complete reverse of a direct debit / standing order

Like was posted previously, we know when future home games are to be played, the club will know how much each person is to be repaid

It really isn't difficult

Just now, phantom said:

It should be that easy

It's just the complete reverse of a direct debit / standing order

Like was posted previously, we know when future home games are to be played, the club will know how much each person is to be repaid

It really isn't difficult

It should be but the club has never given refunds in such large volumes so it probably isn’t. I might be dreaming it but didn’t the club send out a email with basic info on refunds? Not exact dates etc but if you paid in full or direct debit how it would work?

16 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

As a Direct Debit Payment collector they should be able to work with their scheme provider to create a batch file of payment refunds and submit them all with a set payment date.  They could then issue comms stating this.

This is not rocket science.  Believe me.

Just now, Davefevs said:

As a Direct Debit Payment collector they should be able to work with their scheme provider to create a batch file of payment refunds and submit them all with a set payment date.  They could then issue comms stating this.

This is not rocket science.  Believe me.

Like i say i have no idea so just trying to think of reasons why. The last 2 months i have had my refund the last working day, so i guess thats how it works for direct debit. Money goes back in the day the direct debit goes out. I now admit defeat and see that a simple email is all it would take to let everyone know this ?

Mine just gets weirder and weirder. Mine were being refunded to a no longer used credit card and I was told the football club could do nothing about that as it was the card I paid for my season tickets on, despite them also having my debit card on their records. 

Today I’ve had a random amount (not the same amount as before) refunded onto my credit card, and then another random amount refunded to my debit card. The two payments add up in total to the amount I’ve been getting refunded per game, but it still doesn’t make any sense how it’s happened. . .

58 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Mine just gets weirder and weirder. Mine were being refunded to a no longer used credit card and I was told the football club could do nothing about that as it was the card I paid for my season tickets on, despite them also having my debit card on their records. 

Today I’ve had a random amount (not the same amount as before) refunded onto my credit card, and then another random amount refunded to my debit card. The two payments add up in total to the amount I’ve been getting refunded per game, but it still doesn’t make any sense how it’s happened. . .

It's a shame we don't have any supporter's representation with any actual clout, to put some pressure on the club to sort this shambles out once and for all!

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Rang the club and my bank yesterday in regards to the match refunds.

I paid for my season ticket in full from a card I no longer have as I had lost it, the club can’t refund to a different card as it can’t and the bank told me I have to ring them up each time I want my money released as it’s refunded back to my old card no longer in use, even though it was taken from the same bank account. 
Nothing anyone can do about it apparently.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/season-card-holders-refunds-update/

Although there were noises yesterday from the government about allowing fans in pre-xmas, looks from this that the club aren’t hopeful - but I think they have done a good thing here.

For the six home games between now and 2021, they’re going to do refunds in November so fans have money back for Christmas. Undoubtedly the right thing to do and kudos.

The one that may get some tamping is U12s in family area not getting refunds post Watford as cost of shirt then fully covers residual games but I think that passes reasonability.

• The title was changed to Season Card Refund Update : 18th November 2020 (Covering Nov + Dec games)
  • Admin
3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Although there were noises yesterday from the government about allowing fans in pre-xmas, looks from this that the club aren’t hopeful - but I think they have done a good thing here.

For the six home games between now and 2021, they’re going to do refunds in November so fans have money back for Christmas. Undoubtedly the right thing to do and kudos.

Probably more to do with not having the hassle of using systems over the Christmas period, fairly regular for payroll systems etc to close down over that time period

But at least we have had comms on the situation which is a massive improvement

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The one that may get some tamping is U12s in family area not getting refunds post Watford as cost of shirt then fully covers residual games but I think that passes reasonability.

There is zero chance of fans being back in the ground in Bristol this year whatever the Govt says nationally, our infection rate is very high & getting proportionately worse.

Who kept their Norwich code for RobinSTV then? 

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

There is zero chance of fans being back in the ground in Bristol this year whatever the Govt says nationally, our infection rate is very high & getting proportionately worse.

Agreed. Some areals seem to be spiralling out of control. 

• Admin
16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Without derailing yet another thread into a covid discussion

You are making an assumption that our support all come from an infected area. It has been proven that there can be tests done so would be easy to ensure nobody enters the ground area with any symptoms.

When we are back in, the numbers will be so low and we will all be in different seats to as before.

So it would make sense for the club to resell tickets for games with people picking where they will now be, a new ticket would be issued with the new seat details on, and no doubt include additional measures in place. There would be people not having a clue where to head for a new seat so makes perfect sense that tickets would be issued on a match to match basis.

• Admin
11 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Who kept their Norwich code for RobinSTV then? 

@CyderInACan you only need to enter the code once, if you entered it for the Norwich game it will still be allocated to your account already.

It is those that didn't enter the code for the Norwich game that will need to find that old email

image.png

Archived