IGNORED

Know Your Place

BS2 Red

On 19/11/2020 at 19:16, Mr X said:

I remember our friend Red Trousers talked about rebuilding it when he was mayor. To be honest would be a much better replacement to the semi derelict bank buildings built at the edge of Castle Park in its place 

Lloyds have recently moved out of ‘Bank House’ and now a developer has bought the leasehold to all three buildings (bank house, Bank of England House and the Norwich Union house) - the initial plans are to reinstate wine street, make St Mary Le Port church a focal point in a pedestrianised square. Fingers crossed it comes off as had 5-6 failed developers plans for this corner over last 20 years.

Another one GF tried to save in 1970s was the CWS offices on corner of centre.  Personally think was travesty this one got demo’d

85C72B4D-E1C5-470A-B6B3-29E84D68445F.jpeg

On 19/11/2020 at 16:45, cidered abroad said:

I believe that there is at least one on the picture, who survived until I started watching City.

Dennis Roberts, centre half, second row from front and third player from right. He was in the team against Aldershot, my first game on Good Friday 1950.

Had Cliff Morgan (back row, second Right) stopped playing by then?

He continued to serve City in one capacity or another - scout, secretary - until the 70s. 

On 19/11/2020 at 08:10, BS2 Red said:

There's a Twitter account called "Know Your Place Bristol", it posts lots of interesting photos and information about the history of our glorious city.

This just popped up and I think it deserves a thread on here!

It’s not just a twitter account by the way.  The actual website is incredible 

https://maps.bristol.gov.uk/kyp/?edition= 

Archived