IGNORED

Steve Lansdown on Radio 4 Today programme earlier

Lanterne Rouge

He was being interviewed about the Government sports rescue funding and was mainly discussing rugby and basketball but they did touch on football and he said we were losing money in a big way but hoped the Premier League aid scheme would go some way towards addressing that.

He seems to be the media`s go to guy if they want an interview these days but I guess publicity like this only helps to raise our profile.

9 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He was being interviewed about the Government sports rescue funding and was mainly discussing rugby and basketball but they did touch on football and he said we were losing money in a big way but hoped the Premier League aid scheme would go some way towards addressing that.

He seems to be the media`s go to guy if they want an interview these days but I guess publicity like this only helps to raise our profile.

Makes sense for the media to talk with him, owns a few sporting enterprises and is a fiancé guy.

17 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Makes sense for the media to talk with him, owns a few sporting enterprises and is a fiancé guy.

I bet Maggie will be having words with him when she finds out!  :)

50 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Didn’t hear it but on the Gloucester rugby forum they were scathing about him, saying he didn’t come across well and should dig into his pockets a bit more. Bit of a tricky one for me as a BCFC / GRFC fan!

So Gloucester rugby fans don’t like him, next you’ll be telling me he isn’t popular with those who follow the blue few..

Not going to be a popular opinion on here with a lot I know, but government (taxpayer) handouts are right and proper for those clubs and owners that are desperately in need. Clubs owned by Billionaire tax exile owners are not high up on that list imho, so it was a bit odd to hear one bemoaning the amount of money being handed out by the government and for the Today Programme to go to him for his opinion in the first place. This isn’t a slight on what SL has done for BCFC btw before anyone wades in, just on this particular radio article. 

4 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Didn’t hear it but on the Gloucester rugby forum they were scathing about him, saying he didn’t come across well and should dig into his pockets a bit more. Bit of a tricky one for me as a BCFC / GRFC fan!

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

So Gloucester rugby fans don’t like him, next you’ll be telling me he isn’t popular with those who follow the blue few..

Also a massive GRFC fan - it was the money that Bristol spent on advertising when they got promoted back to the Prem that stuck in my throat. What a waste of time and money that was
From a rugby point of view he is the enemy. Simple as that ?‍♂️

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Well quite! For what it’s worth I actually think he’s legit in terms of rugby salary cap stuff, as he’s been pretty consistent on this and FFP in football. However the amount Bris spend on marquee players is inflationary.

41 minutes ago, 'Orns said:

Also a massive GRFC fan - it was the money that Bristol spent on advertising when they got promoted back to the Prem that stuck in my throat. What a waste of time and money that was
From a rugby point of view he is the enemy. Simple as that ?‍♂️

I can’t quite see him as that given City links, but as per above reply spending the amount Bris do on marquee players is not good for the game.

Archived