IGNORED

Derby’s Presser

Davefevs

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, on the water in Perth?  We didn’t go there but drove past it enough times.

Well your next visit we can watch City in the Prem. The sports bar in Crown is massive and the screen is bigger than Rooney’s arse . 

I've always been very sceptical of Rooney as a captain and now as a coach. His communication skills are poor and when he commented that he didn't eat right or do warm ups when he played it makes me question if he's got the best outlook for the modern game. Too hot headed too.

Having said that, Micah Richards said on radio that in the England dressing Rooney was always a positive influence so there must be something in there that I don't see.

I'm concerned now that tomorrow becomes a much harder battle than it would have been, but I really hope we can unsettle them right from the start.

Does anyone know much about what is going on behind the scenes at Derby? 

Obviously they've 'under achieved' for years now (apart from under Lampard, I guess) and have a generally(?) respected chairman but are sat bottom of the table....is that on Cocu?

Can't help comparing to Sunderland till I die when Coleman swanned in all swagger with the 110% expectation to turn things around, but look how that ended up.

Similar situation at Derby or not? I don't know....

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Obviously they've 'under achieved' for years now (apart from under Lampard, I guess) and have a respected chairman but are sat bottom of the table....is that on Cocu?

Can't help comparing to Sunderland till I die when Coleman swanned in all swagger with the 110% expectation to turn things around, but look how that ended up.

I’d love it if they went down.

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Obviously they've 'under achieved' for years now (apart from under Lampard, I guess) and are sat bottom of the table....is that on Cocu?

It’s obvious they will go down to league 1. Well the way it sits any way. They are still a club in the past of which we have been equal to over many seasons and  over many past years where we battled to stay up together in the same league. 

They are are were a bit like us in away where we are always pushing for promotion and when we do it only lasts for a few seasons and backwards we go

Earlier in the week I was walking the dog (Bruce) up Ashton court when I bumped into Leroy Rosenior . Had a brief chat about Saturdays game and his son. I said shame Liam isn’t down the gate Coaching and he said I wish he was so he could see more of him . 
All social distancing was fully obeyed during this conversation :yes:

22 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Obviously they've 'under achieved' for years now (apart from under Lampard, I guess) and have a generally(?) respected chairman but are sat bottom of the table....is that on Cocu?

I don't know a lot about their situation but, certainly from the outside, it looks a lot like Sunderland's situation (and indeed, as @City oz says, our situation from a few years back) where they've spent too much money on the wrong players, can't move them on and now don't have the money or resources for the right players. 

2 hours ago, City oz said:

It’s obvious they will go down to league 1. Well the way it sits any way. They are still a club in the past of which we have been equal to over many seasons and  over many past years where we battled to stay up together in the same league. 

They are are were a bit like us in away where we are always pushing for promotion and when we do it only lasts for a few seasons and backwards we go

They are on the verge of being taken over - I believe by a sheikh who is a cousin of the Man City family? We all know these expectations can go wrong, but potentially they may be able to spend enough to rescue this season, even if that only means mid table.

12 hours ago, Leveller said:

They are on the verge of being taken over - I believe by a sheikh who is a cousin of the Man City family? We all know these expectations can go wrong, but potentially they may be able to spend enough to rescue this season, even if that only means mid table.

Does FFP allow them to come in and start absolutely chucking money at it in January? 

Archived