IGNORED

Derby (H) - 15:00 Sat 21st Nov - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

Prior to Wednesday night's recording of the https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/ podcast I received (via my sister) the reflections of the Derby County YouTuber, Tyler Tarft; https://www.facebook.com/tylerrams1998/ . Apologies if any of this information is out of date.

Derby County currently sit bottom of the championship, unfortunately I feel Phillip Cocu couldn’t get it right on the pitch, off the pitch he was class, stuck by us through a lot of the pitch, through EFL investigations, drink driving scene etc, however on the pitch, 1 win in 11 it was time for a change, I feel the players couldn’t play the style of football he wanted and maybe there was things happening behind the scenes, such as not being given the finances he needs to spend, we loaned out striker out Jack Marriott to Sheffield Wednesday on deadline day leaving us with basically no one as at the time Martyn Waghorn was injured, also with the potential takeover maybe Mel Morris wasn’t interested in spending, we just couldn’t get results we needed, nothing going forward not enough to be a threat up front, so after such a poor start the international break was probably the best time for a change.

Expected line-up I would probably say 

Team for Saturday 

Marshall 

Byrne 
Clarke 
Davies 
Buchanan 

Bird 
Shinnie 

Ibe
Lawrence 
Jozwiak 

Waghorn

Or that would probably be the team I would start, with Rooney managing the game, I’m guessing he won’t play 

For me I feel Wayne Rooney Will takeover until the new ownership is complete, maybe if he gets a few good results they may keep him on until the end of the season who knows, maybe the new owners have someone in pipeline, currently Rooney is favourite for the job with Rafael Benitez and John terry.

Takeover is pretty much done, I’m guessing they’re just waiting on it to be announced, apparently set to be announced today (Wednesday 18th or November) or tomorrow (Thursday 19th of November) new owners had a say in the Phillip Cocu sacking, so I’m guessing it’s just a matter of time 

Dangermen, with our form and where we are in the table there isn’t a massive threat, from free kicks we have got most out of goals from, Martyn Waghorn has been good on free kicks, Shinnie going forward has been good and Jóźwiak has been good who is one of our new signings 

Phillip Cocu unfortunately failed with us, not sure to why? Maybe the style of football he was trying to play didn’t work? Off the pitch maybe didn’t get the support he needed financially? Takeover is in progress so maybe Mel Morris didn’t want to spend? A lot of fans backed him with his class of the pitch but on the pitch it was just boring, no threat going forward and we didn’t look like beating anyone really. A lot of Derby fans wish him well for the future, unfortunately just couldn’t get it right with us

Interesting stuff DF. I wonder whether Rooney and co will just go ‘back to basics’, compact / tight with some formational consistency to make it tricky for us. We’ve seen that in the past, teams struggling going for the frustrating 0-1. Hopefully, if that is the case, an early goal (Well worked back to front through the lines sort of thing) will open them up a tad. Cheers for the thread as always chief.

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Ibe is supposedly still not fit. 

I think today we could have done with a "City (H) - 15:00 Sat 21st Nov - What Can We Expect?" Thread.

If Kalas IS out , looks like Mariappa was a timely signing. One other COVID-ised, COD getting over a dead leg. Hopefully anyone struggling with knocks pre break will have recovered, Bakinson hopefully better but that would leave us with 8/9 out still. This season, more than any other , seems we have been  chasing our tail trying to cover injuries. A third of the way into the season and Holden hasn't had a chance to name his first choice XI. 

Hope Santa brings us a change of luck in the injury department. ?

I'm expecting Rooney to play his best now he's the coach and has ambitions to be the next manager. I remember Russell Osman doing the same when he was given the caretaker role here following the sacking of Denys Smith, he suddenly went from mediocre to one of the best defenders in the league

Just now, The Enormous Turnip said:

His ACL hasn't healed just yet! ?

Ah, yes. I'd rather forgotten about that.  So used to him being Mr reliable and always available before.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

That’s the one existing COVID - Bakinson and the one new case - Massengo, then.

Not sure whether Derby will be 4231 or 433.

Rooney playing in the hole?

Archived