IGNORED

Derby (H) - 15:00 Sat 21st Nov - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Presumably Covid.

Assuming that’s right and why he was withdrawn in the pre-Huddersfield warmup, that was almost three weeks ago. Shouldn’t he be back after 14 days? There’s no reason why the club can’t come out and confirm this, either. We knew Wiemann had it in the summer. 

1 minute ago, tin said:

Assuming that’s right and why he was withdrawn in the pre-Huddersfield warmup, that was almost three weeks ago. Shouldn’t he be back after 14 days? There’s no reason why the club can’t come out and confirm this, either. We knew Wiemann had it in the summer. 

Patient confidentiality? 

Hope that Bakinson hasn't suffered any longer term affects from COVID - or perhaps he's one of those unlucky cases where despite being OK and even non contagious, his test still reads positive as it's in his system. 

12 minutes ago, tin said:

Massengo has not fully recovered from symptoms of COVID-19 after testing positive last week, while Bakinson has tested positive in this week’s round of testing and is self-isolating for 10 days.

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Interesting that we’ve only named 8 subs, when 9 are now allowed. 
I know there’s 2 academy lads already there but did we not have 1 more to fill the bench? 

The only thing I can think of is that they didn’t want to introduce any new players from outside the group / bubble in case of covid being brought in.

I was kinda hoping Sam Bell might get the nod.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Interesting that we’ve only named 8 subs, when 9 are now allowed. 
I know there’s 2 academy lads already there but did we not have 1 more to fill the bench? 

Depends how comfortable Dean is for being covered over the pitch, if he thinks he doesn't need another player and the extra lad can't just go straight back to u23's training next day with current protocols being different groups then is it worth it to disrupt the player before the next 23's game if they're very unlikely to be used?

As Fevs said I think only Sam Bell or Freddie Hinds may have made the bench in case we need another forward, a card or injury today and we could need them Wednesday.

Archived