IGNORED

Derby (H) - 15:00 Sat 21st Nov - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

Just now, Numero Uno said:

I can tell you which team have had no preparation going into the game. Can’t say I’m shocked by that 45 even if most others are!!!

Not sure that is a completely valid excuse for that poor first half. 

5 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

We are dull aren't we. I don't like this formation. Gives the opposition time on the ball and space down our flanks. We don't seem to create much.

Extra midfielder with 2 upfront would help our build up play. We will need to pass through their lines rather than counter 

51 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Very.

Bielik is a very good player.

Just come back from many months out....first game was Barnsley....possible a reaction.  He looked well off the pace, unsurprisingly.

1st Half summary.

Cagey.  Derby shading it, but I think we just need to be a bit less eager to play the killer pass.  Couple of chances where we’ve got in final third and with a give-and-go we are almost in.

Vyner and Kalas nice and solid, and getting in good positions.

Wells looks like he might create something, Martin not done much at all.  Antoine the real threat though.

Not really sure what some people are moaning about. 

Deby are sitting 2 banks of 4 behind the ball. We've tried to play through it (but failed so far) 

Derby are always going to be dangerous on the break and from set pieces, but they have come looking like they will be very happy to leave with a point. 

We need to be patient, take a risk to open them up and take our chance if/when it comes. 

So far, ok. 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Deby are sitting 2 banks of 4 behind the ball. We've tried to play through it (but failed so far) 

Derby are always going to be dangerous on the break and from set pieces, but they have come looking like they will be very happy to leave with a point. 

We need to be patient, take a risk to open them up and take our chance if/when it comes. 

So far, ok. 

Yep, a bit of patience, a bit of quality.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

So far, ok. 

Its because we break so slowly that they have time to get 8 behind the ball. Our wide men always stop and play it back. Just take on your marker occassionally. You just might get past him.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Yep, a bit of patience, a bit of quality.

Which is why we I made the point about Paterson and Wells earlier. In a game where we are never going to be at our sharpest and outplay the opposition it’s about being solid and finding that one moment of individual quality to hopefully win the game. Otherwise make sure you don’t lose it!!

Archived