IGNORED

Derby (H) - 15:00 Sat 21st Nov - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

Training ground closed until Thursday and the manager self-isolating - sod the performance, you don't win a game against anyone in this league on the back of that without some serious grit. Performances will come and go but that result has character written all over it.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Kalas & Vyner nice and solid today. 
Dasilva played well. 
Nagy decent performance as the DM. 
Pato generally pretty quiet but you have to give him the minutes as he’s always capable of creating the opening, as per today’s goal. 
Good finish Fam. 
Poor today from Martin & Brunt. I’ll let Martin off any criticism but Brunt - I just don’t get it. 

The sooner we write Brunt off as a mistake the better. I just don’t understand the thinking behind it.

Just now, CiderHeadDan said:

Paid £10 for the game today, watched 93/95 minutes, went for a piss and missed the goal. I’m taking an assist 

Well done, nice play. Although I'm thinking this is a bit of brag that you only needed a single piss during the game. I wasn't keeping count but I had at least six, with three in the last ten minutes.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Everyone's chuffed to bits. Including me. But the truth is we're pretty uninspiring as a footballing side.

Oh come on , credit where it’s due .

Derby came for a draw and nearly got it.

Goals change games and I was pleased to see that we didn’t go balls out and lose. 

We were patient and stubborn .

If we score early then it’s a different game. 

We have now won three on the trot . Six out of twelve clean sheets and third , level on points with Bournemouth and still people moan.

:disapointed2se:

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Well done, nice play. Although I'm thinking this is a bit of brag that you only needed a single piss during the game. I wasn't keeping count but I had at least six, with three in the last ten minutes.

Okay you caught me, I had 2 during the game, that accounted for the other 1 minute! 

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Oh come on , credit where it’s due .

Derby came for a draw and nearly got it.

Goals change games and I was pleased to see that we didn’t go balls out and lose. 

We were patient and stubborn .

If we score early then it’s a different game. 

We have now won three on the trot . Six out of twelve clean sheets and third , level on points with Bournemouth and still people moan.

:disapointed2se:

..confirming their Bristolian credentials Major.

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Everyone's chuffed to bits. Including me. But the truth is we're pretty uninspiring as a footballing side.

Yep, definitely room for improvement on the performance front and hopefully a relaxing of our injury issues will change that but SURELY you can cut the lads some slack today?

If not then this place truly amazes me.

Three excellent points, given

1 Derby would have been up for it having sacked the manager and Rooney with something to prove

2 We don’t know how many of our players were struggling with after effects of virus

3 We do know training has been limited, and some have played a lot of football with travel added, eg   Nagy.

4 We usually do far worse after an international break

5 We are carrying injuries to major players, at least 4 of them

PLUS we are third, and that on goal difference alone.  Never expected us to be flying so high at this stage of the season. Think given all of the above this is brilliant.

Well done, City

Archived