IGNORED

Derby (H) - 15:00 Sat 21st Nov - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

29 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Hopefully our injury issues in the centre of the park won’t last for ever either then we can pick a solid midfield.

Absolutely, that can’t come soon enough. 

30 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Two thirds of a probable starting X1 out injured though.

Fair but we’re not the only club to have injuries due to this mental schedule.

28 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yeah, all these lucky clean sheets and results that currently have us sat 1 point off top spot after 1/4 season played.... With an incredible injury list..... 

Lucky, lucky, lucky...! 

So, you don’t think we’ve had any luck in getting these results which have us one point off top spot?

Sorry if my opinion is more balanced than yours, in that I thought we rode our luck at Cardiff and to a lesser extent today. Likewise at Hudders before Semenyo came on and to a lesser extent today. 

As said above, we aren’t the only club with injuries to contend with. If we’re still there after 40 games, I’ll be the first to say you were right. 

10 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

The sooner we write Brunt off as a mistake the better. I just don’t understand the thinking behind it.

It's the pathway. The old City one of giving contracts to players looking to top up their pension. I thought those days were gone.

Worth dumping Morrell for apparently.

1 minute ago, tin said:

Absolutely, that can’t come soon enough. 

Fair but we’re not the only club to have injuries due to this mental schedule.

So, you don’t think we’ve had any luck in getting these results which have us one point off top spot?

Sorry if my opinion is more balanced than yours, in that I thought we rode our luck at Cardiff and to a lesser extent today. Likewise at Hudders before Semenyo came on and to a lesser extent today. 

As said above, we aren’t the only club with injuries to contend with. If we’re still there after 40 games, I’ll be the first to say you were right. 

It’s excessively rare for one team to completely dominate another at this level.

So many people just don’t realise the margins are wafer thin .

What we have in buckets is heart and that stands us in very good stead.

I believe it was Lee Trevino who said ‘ the more I practice the luckier I get ‘.

These guys are working their nuts off under very difficult circumstances and deserve to be where they are.

A win is a win but grinding, being the operative word, out another win. Terrible style of football that reminds me of the previous manager. Derby looked like a team with the ball passing easily from one to another but fortunately for us, they did not have a clue up front. We cannot continue to rely on the other sides failings and need to be more proactive.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It’s excessively rare for one team to completely dominate another at this level.

I believe it was Lee Trevino who said ‘ the more I practice the luckier I get ‘.

These guys are working their nuts off under very difficult circumstances and deserve to be where they are.

Actually, it was Gary Player, but I do agree with the rest of your post.

Just now, Major Isewater said:

I don’t expect us to completely dominate, Major, not at all. I’d like to see us have a go, like we did at Stoke and for 45 minutes at Bournemouth. 

Can’t fault the work-rate or heart. Whether we deserve to be where we are is open to debate. I do think that if/when Williams and Walsh return, that should improve us in a big way. 

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

A win is a win but grinding, being the operative word, out another win. Terrible style of football that reminds me of the previous manager. Derby looked like a team with the ball passing easily from one to another but fortunately for us, they did not have a clue up front. We cannot continue to rely on the other sides failings and need to be more proactive.

A couple of weeks of no training should be taken into consideration maybe ?

It felt like watching an away win. Derby had 63% possession (ie passes), and we only looked dangerous on the occasional breakaway.

But...we know that preparation had been limited and the players defended with real conviction considering they looked fatigued. In fact it was when Derby showed signs of tiring that we struck.

A really good finish by Fam.it wasn't easy to get the ball put of his feet and find the corner with a nicely struck shot. Very composed given his lack of gametime.

When a team's luck is out they tend to lose games like this and fortunately Derby are in that position right now.

What a cracking start to the season!

I mean the performances are tedious and awful to watch. But given the circumstances of late and players available, Holden is doing a great job in terms of results. 

The improvement from Semenyo and Nagy this season compared to last is always immense. Wells is a concern for me - seems to offer little at the moment. I'd have Fam over him.

32 minutes ago, CiderHeadDan said:

Paid £10 for the game today, watched 93/95 minutes, went for a piss and missed the goal. I’m taking an assist 

Same as the old boy who sits in front of me at the gate, the number of goals he missed last season was unreal. Got to the stage we would try to persuade him to take a piss

19 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Yep, definitely room for improvement on the performance front and hopefully a relaxing of our injury issues will change that but SURELY you can cut the lads some slack today?

If not then this place truly amazes me.

Slack cut. I'm happy we won, as ever.  I expect Derby have a few out injured as well. We're not unique there.

25 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Oh come on , credit where it’s due .

Derby came for a draw and nearly got it.

Goals change games and I was pleased to see that we didn’t go balls out and lose. 

We were patient and stubborn .

If we score early then it’s a different game. 

We have now won three on the trot . Six out of twelve clean sheets and third , level on points with Bournemouth and still people moan.

:disapointed2se:

Not a moan.  Just an (accurate) observation. 

Derby probably go to every away game looking for a draw at the moment. Nonetheless, they are the bottom club because they are crap and not very good at doing so.

We haven't looked very inspiring for several games now. 

I'm delighted we are in 3rd, but I expect a win at home against the managerless bottom club. Be nice if it wasn't so laboured. That is all. 

Their forum is now 57 pages long and (guess what) they was robbed. 

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/35984-bristol-city-v-derby-county-matchday-thread-a/page/57/#comments

It isn’t even a strong league this season, would you notice the two teams are 20 places apart in the league ?

Holmes tugged back, Clarke pushed, Trialist barged into... any one would have been soft butter accumulation of them means that one pen would have been deserved.

5 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I mean the performances are tedious and awful to watch. 

I don’t agree with you . Football isn’t always gung ho, end to end stuff. 

Today showed guts, determination,concentration, discipline and teamwork.

How dull would it be to win every match 5-0 ?

Would you prefer to support Celtic or Rangers who knock over Aunt Sallys every weekend on an un level playing field ? 

I was on the edge of my seat and the feeling of relief when Fam scored , followed by the ref’s whistle cannot be compared to a boring walkover where the opposition are rubbish.

Archived