IGNORED

Derby (H) - 15:00 Sat 21st Nov - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

Just now, 22A said:

Their forum is now 57 pages long and (guess what) they was robbed. 

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/35984-bristol-city-v-derby-county-matchday-thread-a/page/57/#comments

It isn’t even a strong league this season, would you notice the two teams are 20 places apart in the league ?

Holmes tugged back, Clarke pushed, Trialist barged into... any one would have been soft butter accumulation of them means that one pen would have been deserved.

It's the same after every win, we robbed the side we've just beaten etc etc. Long may it continue

Shithouse FC. :)

7 minutes ago, sludge said:

Yet if Warnock was our manager people would be saying what a genius he is and how solid he’s made us. 

Tbf I think there would be a hell of a lot more moaning about the performances if Colin was manager as there are a lot of people who really dislike him on here. It’s not great to watch by any means at the moment, pretty turgid in fact, but a wins a win and given the circumstances it’s very welcome indeed and we’re giving ourselves a chance.  

7 minutes ago, 22A said:

Holmes tugged back, Clarke pushed, Trialist barged into... any one would have been soft butter accumulation of them means that one pen would have been deserved.

Funny, I didn't know that's how it worked. Must start adding ours up ?

Three versions of the game......

City fan:

City, yet again, showed their clinical side as a late strike by FD wrapped up all three points. City were happy to let Derby have plenty of the ball, confident that their commanding defence would yet again not concede.

The neutral:

A drab game of few chances, it was never clear which team was bottom of the table and which was in a play-off place. It looked destined to end goalless until substitute FD took his chance to send Derby home empty-handed.

Rams fan:

Despite looking the better team and dominating possession, an away point, which was the least the Rams deserved, was cruelly snatched from them by a rare shot on target from the home team in the 78th minute.

Got to be said. Some of the comments on here are nothing short of embarrassing . We’ve got 8-10 players injured , over 10 players and staff with positive covid test . Yet people still moan. Get a grip . Plus the slating of a player that has nearly 300 prem games and over 60 international caps but is seen by the enlightend to be crap ??? my football knowledge compared to a pro or anyone that’s played at a decent level is pretty low. With some of the shouts on here though , you’d think some have never watched the game before, a real lack of understanding . I haven’t posted this to start a row . I just think some need to take stock. I’ve been guilty of it in the past myself , so I’m not being preachy . Just realise what the clubs going through and enjoy the win ????

I thought the first half was dull but that the second half was quite exciting... sounds like I was the only one then. 

It was clear one team was going to win 1-0 and it really could have gone either way. Wasn’t high on quality but it was exciting, to me at least. 

If we’d all been at Ashton Gate I think it was one of those games which actually had quite a good atmosphere! And it would have erupted when the goal went in. 

13 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Three versions of the game......

City fan:

City, yet again, showed their clinical side as a late strike by FD wrapped up all three points. City were happy to let Derby have plenty of the ball, confident that their commanding defence would yet again not concede.

The neutral:

A drab game of few chances, it was never clear which team was bottom of the table and which was in a play-off place. It looked destined to end goalless until substitute FD took his chance to send Derby home empty-handed.

Rams fan:

Despite looking the better team and dominating possession, an away point, which was the least the Rams deserved, was cruelly snatched from them by a rare shot on target from the home team in the 78th minute.

Me:

1-0 - who gives a **** what anyone else thinks!

57 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I don’t agree with you . Football isn’t always gung ho, end to end stuff. 

Today showed guts, determination,concentration, discipline and teamwork.

How dull would it be to win every match 5-0 ?

Would you prefer to support Celtic or Rangers who knock over Aunt Sallys every weekend on an un level playing field ? 

I was on the edge of my seat and the feeling of relief when Fam scored , followed by the ref’s whistle cannot be compared to a boring walkover where the opposition are rubbish.

I agree but it still doesn’t make it good to watch currently. It’s understandable given the situation but one decent chance at home is not really what I want to be watching regardless of opposition. 

44 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I agree but it still doesn’t make it good to watch currently. It’s understandable given the situation but one decent chance at home is not really what I want to be watching regardless of opposition. 

It wasn't 1 decent chance though, was it..? 

Pato should have done better with the one that broke to him on the edge of the box and Semenyo made their keeper work with 2 other well struck efforts, which whilst should never beat the keeper, needed dealing with well. 

I'm not sure how much people expected to be created against a team that banked up behind the ball to stifle our counter attacking...?

It wasn't scintillating stuff, but it was solid, determined and focused. 

Fair play to City players and staff today.

With no proper training, plans all over the place Covid and internationals, I thought Holden did a good job today.  No point in us pressing hard, would’ve led to fatigue, whereas we still had energy to fashion the odd chance here and there.

We were happy with Derby playing in front of us, Rooney deep.  Dasilva had a right old battle with Knight and stick to it well, often one for one too.

Semenyo our best chance of creating today....just couldn’t get him in it enough, but he was my pick today, just shading Vyner as my MOTM.

Delighted tonight.

13 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Apparently Derby have the lowest number of goals scored , after 12 games

In the history of the second tier !

That's a great stat and really rather baffling..! They certainly have quality. They played very negatively today, concentrating in not conceding, but looked a threat when they did break forward. 

Incredible they've scored so few, over a reasonable proportion of the season already played. 

32 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It wasn't 1 decent chance though, was it..? 

Pato should have done better with the one that broke to him on the edge of the box and Semenyo made their keeper work with 2 other well struck efforts, which whilst should never beat the keeper, needed dealing with well. 

I'm not sure how much people expected to be created against a team that banked up behind the ball to stifle our counter attacking...?

It wasn't scintillating stuff, but it was solid, determined and focused. 

I mean I wouldn't call those long rangers from Semenyo good chances but Paterson should have done better so maybe at a push you could say 2 decent chances.

I personally would hope for more than that. But as I've said, understandable with current situation.

It was definitely as you say in your last line.

Just now, Alex_BCFC said:

I mean I wouldn't call those long rangers from Semenyo good chances but Paterson should have done better so maybe at a push you could say 2 decent chances.

I personally would hope for more than that. But as I've said, understandable with current situation.

It was definitely as you say in your last line.

Yes, 20 great chances, with free flowing open football, would be lovely.... But we'd probably not have kept a clean sheet and Derby were doing everything they could to stiffle our attacking play. We remained calm, focused (unlike many on here!) and eventually broke through their plan to stop us. 

The more I think about it, the better today's result was. 

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Got to be said. Some of the comments on here are nothing short of embarrassing . We’ve got 8-10 players injured , over 10 players and staff with positive covid test . Yet people still moan. Get a grip . Plus the slating of a player that has nearly 300 prem games and over 60 international caps but is seen by the enlightend to be crap ??? my football knowledge compared to a pro or anyone that’s played at a decent level is pretty low. With some of the shouts on here though , you’d think some have never watched the game before, a real lack of understanding . I haven’t posted this to start a row . I just think some need to take stock. I’ve been guilty of it in the past myself , so I’m not being preachy . Just realise what the clubs going through and enjoy the win ????

take a bow son.

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

What luck exactly ? Derby always boss possession , they created nothing . If anything our luck needs to change, with amount of players out.

Derby don’t always boss possession. 
Their last 3 away games they’ve had 41%, 46% and 30%. 

I agree that they created little from their 64% against us, so we didn’t really have to ride any luck today, but it’s certainly not the case that Derby dominate possession every week. 

It is true though, that we are a team that doesn’t play possession football and we do soak up a fair bit of pressure. Call that luck or just good defending, bit of both I guess. 

One thing our style does provide at the moment, is that we gets lots of bodies in the opposition box when we do get the ball up there. 

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Derby don’t always boss possession. 
Their last 3 away games they’ve had 41%, 46% and 30%. 

I agree that they created little from their 64% against us, so we didn’t really have to ride any luck today, but it’s certainly not the case that Derby dominate possession every week. 

It is true though, that we are a team that doesn’t play possession football and we do soak up a fair bit of pressure. Call that luck or just good defending, bit of both I guess. 

One thing our style does provide at the moment, is that we gets lots of bodies in the opposition box when we do get the ball up there. 

Earlier this season we did play more possession football, and Mawson’s ability to dictate that from LCB was key.  We have missed him big time for that aspect.  We’ve had to change a bit as a result.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Fair play to City players and staff today.

With no proper training, plans all over the place Covid and internationals, I thought Holden did a good job today.  No point in us pressing hard, would’ve led to fatigue, whereas we still had energy to fashion the odd chance here and there.

We were happy with Derby playing in front of us, Rooney deep.  Dasilva had a right old battle with Knight and stick to it well, often one for one too.

Semenyo our best chance of creating today....just couldn’t get him in it enough, but he was my pick today, just shading Vyner as my MOTM.

Delighted tonight.

Agree re Semenyo, and this was a game in which most of his focus was on doing the diligent side of his job. As well as the chasing and closing, whenever he receives the ball in his own half he stays calm and plays the right ball. Then, in the final third, he comes alive at the right time. Maturing nicely.

Archived