IGNORED

UK's first pizza dispenser in Bedminster

phantom

• Admin

THE UK’s first ever pizza vending machine has opened in Bristol - and it cooks food in just three minutes.

The nifty machine has a touchscreen on the pavement where hungry customers can order pizza from the street. 

The new pizza vending machine is available outside Pizza Bella in Bristol

It then pumps out stone-baked, hand-made pizza in just three minutes, with vegan and gluten-free options too.

The machine has enough space for 98 pizzas, which have all been part-cooked and refrigerated for 48 hours before being stored in it.

When someone orders a pizza, the machine cooks it in one of two ovens, puts it in a box, and delivers it through a little letter box to the street outside.

The “Smart Pizza” machine is installed outside Pizza Bella, an independent pizzeria in Bedminster, Bristol, but it was manufactured by a company called API Tech.

The pizza comes out ready boxed up for customers to take away

The owner of Pizza Bella says it's the first of its kind in the UK

Pizza Bella owner Sina Kiaei told Bristol Live that the machine is the first of its kind in the UK.

However, one “Smart Pizza” machine has already been installed in the Isle of Man, while another is due to be set up in Glasgow.

API Tech, meanwhile, is a French company with clients in the UK, France, Germany, Belgium, Norway, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and the US.

According to trade publication Pizza Marketplace, there are 223 "Smart Pizza" vending machines across Europe and two in the US.

TAKEN FROM: https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/13249747/pizza-vending-machine-bristol/

2 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Used to go there a lot when it was first opened back in the 80s. Magg used to make some fabulous pizzas, and I've never tasted a better garlic. Hope this thing serves up something as good.

Was a post last-orders delivery standard late 90s when I lived on Palmyra. All back to mine for a couple of pizzas, cans of blackthorn and benson & hedges delivered to your door. Ace. 

5 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Used to go there a lot when it was first opened back in the 80s. Magg used to make some fabulous pizzas, and I've never tasted a better garlic. Hope this thing serves up something as good.

I used to go there regularly on my way home from the gym. Got off the bus, stopped there, then get on the next bus home. Got kicked off one bus as a fellow passenger complained the garlic was too smelly!

Magg was a top guy. His wife was a lovely lady, wonder if they're still around?

• Admin
35 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Imagine a KFC that drives to you.

Still wouldn't eat it.

Had my first KFC since Millwall away last night. 

It was disgusting, the chicken was soaked in fat, I felt physically sick trying to eat it. 

Then again I'm normally rat arsed when I eat it

2 hours ago, Redtucks said:

How on earth is that a traditional pizza???

:dunno:

Since when has it been traditional for it to appear in a cardboard box from a hole in the wall???

:dunno:

In 1672, Geovanni Da Roma invented the first vending machine. His invention burned down half of Milan, but it was thought worth it to save 5 minutes on a pizza.

On 24/11/2020 at 08:57, phantom said:

It was disgusting, the chicken was soaked in fat, I felt physically sick trying to eat it.

Had the same experience when on holiday as a young 'un. Only place open on a Sunday and it was a box of deep fried spit. I couldn't believe some poor chicken had died for that and I've never had a KFC since.

Archived