IGNORED

Walsh and Williams still not fit !

Major Isewater

As per Holden’s presser. 

DH on Williams and Walsh

Unfortunately they’re not ready to return just yet. It’s been a frustrating time for everybody - not least the players themselves.

Everybody wants a time frame. It’s not always a smooth plain sailing return to fitness. Those guys things have not gone according to plan and unfortunately they’re not ready to come back just yet. 

And they’re working in the background. Hopefully we’ll get them back pretty soon.

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

As per Holden’s presser. 

DH on Williams and Walsh

Unfortunately they’re not ready to return just yet. It’s been a frustrating time for everybody - not least the players themselves.

Everybody wants a time frame. It’s not always a smooth plain sailing return to fitness. Those guys things have not gone according to plan and unfortunately they’re not ready to come back just yet. 

And they’re working in the background. Hopefully we’ll get them back pretty soon.

Isn't that pretty much word for word what was said about a month ago?
Gone past ridiculous now. 

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Isn't that pretty much word for word what was said about a month ago?
Gone past ridiculous now. 

So you would be happier if a month ago they said hopefully back in 4 weeks, then say the same now? They are saying it’s not gone as expected don’t see what more there is to say

4 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

So you would be happier if a month ago they said hopefully back in 4 weeks, then say the same now? They are saying it’s not gone as expected don’t see what more there is to say

I don't see why they can't disclose what the injury is and what the setbacks have been? It's not like it will reveal our secrets to the world is it?

Saying, they're not ready, but hopefully it won't be long is starting to lose its meaning.

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I don't see why they can't disclose what the injury is and what the setbacks have been? It's not like it will reveal our secrets to the world is it?

Saying, they're not ready, but hopefully it won't be long is starting to lose its meaning.

Because it simply doesn’t matter. Makes zero difference wether it’s his shin, shoulder, back or toe does it. He isn’t fit and there have been complications. Done 

This has happened quite a few times in the last 4/5 years, don't know how it still comes as a surprise to people. 

Every time we hear someone should be back by a certain date, they almost never are. 

Baker was supposed to be out until December was it? Might as well make that end of Jan. 

Its been said before something is not right. All these long term injures injuries. When Williams was signed did MA say but he is injured and will not be able to play till December or the new year. What injury does he have. Same with Walsh what is his injury and where did he get it, Coventry or our training ground ? 

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

Does make you wonder about the medical Williams had when we signed him. 

I don't tend to read much into small sample sizes, and I know Mawson's was a bit of a freak injury, but I wonder if we were able to sign these players (Mawson and Williams) despite competition because we took a bit of a gamble on them fitness wise. 

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't tend to read much into small sample sizes, and I know Mawson's was a bit of a freak injury, but I wonder if we were able to sign these players (Mawson and Williams) despite competition because we took a bit of a gamble on them fitness wise. 

It's quite possible - that's what we did with Webster and it paid off quite spectacularly. Can't blame them for pushing their luck a little I guess.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Because people have the right to keep their health details confidential?

Granted, it's slightly different in sport, someone goes off with a broken leg, you get the idea they'll likely be out for a while, but what if a player is now physically fit, but mentally they are anxious that it's too soon to return and they fear a reoccurrence?

Do you think you should be told that as well?

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Because people have the right to keep their health details confidential?

Granted, it's slightly different in sport, someone goes off with a broken leg, you get the idea they'll likely be out for a while, but what if a player is now physically fit, but mentally they are anxious that it's too soon to return and they fear a reoccurrence?

Do you think you should be told that as well?

No, I completely agree that some medical conditions should be kept from the public. 

Maybe one of them has depression and the other has an embarrassing genital disorder then I guess you're right.

But if it's a bone, tendon or muscle injury I think it helps to inform fans so that we understand the narrative of the season.

Totally fed up with it to be honest, the likes of Hunt & Paterson take flak on here, at least they are available to play.

Walsh was out injured a fair bit during his previous time with us too, I’m starting to think his spell at Coventry was an outlier.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Totally fed up with it to be honest, the likes of Hunt & Paterson take flak on here, at least they are available to play.

Walsh was out injured a fair bit during his previous time with us too, I’m starting to think his spell at Coventry was an outlier.

So it's Walsh's fault he's injured then is it? Care to elaborate on these comments?

Archived