IGNORED

Walsh and Williams still not fit !

Major Isewater

42 minutes ago, mozo said:

No, I completely agree that some medical conditions should be kept from the public. 

Maybe one of them has depression and the other has an embarrassing genital disorder then I guess you're right.

But if it's a bone, tendon or muscle injury I think it helps to inform fans so that we understand the narrative of the season.

But surely that undoes your argument.

If you get told something, you know what it is, and if you don't (following your logic) by not being told, you also know something.

Far better they say nothing at all.

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

Its been said before something is not right. All these long term injures injuries. When Williams was signed did MA say but he is injured and will not be able to play till December or the new year. What injury does he have. Same with Walsh what is his injury and where did he get it, Coventry or our training ground ? 

He was fit when he signed. As I said earlier it was reported that he played in the inter-club friendly that took place after the Cheltenham lunchtime friendly.

Walsh returned to City when Cov’s season was ended early and you’ll see him in training videos when there was a small possibility the returning loanees might be able to feature when we returned post-lockdown. However it never happened due to rules eg Hinds was ahead of him because he’d played for City in a previous season.  I don’t know exactly when he did it but from what I was told he was expected to miss the first couple of weeks of the season. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

What are the injuries both Walsh and Williams have?

Walsh is a quad injury. Was originally expected to be out for 8 weeks.  So I deduce he did it mid-July.

Williams was reported as a thigh injury, but no more info than that. 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He was fit when he signed. As I said earlier it was reported that he played in the inter-club friendly that took place after the Cheltenham lunchtime friendly.

Walsh returned to City when Cov’s season was ended early and you’ll see him in training videos when there was a small possibility the returning loanees might be able to feature when we returned post-lockdown. However it never happened due to rules eg Hinds was ahead of him because he’d played for City in a previous season.  I don’t know exactly when he did it but from what I was told he was expected to miss the first couple of weeks of the season. 

Walsh is a quad injury. Was originally expected to be out for 8 weeks.  So I deduce he did it mid-July.

Williams was reported as a thigh injury, but no more info than that. 

We signed Williams with injury concerns.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-citys-nathan-baker-liam-4460562

I just listened to 24 minute press conference.  Holden seemed to imply one of the players that was tested positive over the Cardiff weekend is still out, plus one new one too.

So I think we are down to 17 if Kalas and Nagy are ok....plus Towler, Edwards....possibly Sam Bell or Harrison coming in.

5 minutes ago, Henry said:

ta....that’s interesting because I was told that he played in that friendly.  Happy to accept I was incorrectly informed.

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

But surely that undoes your argument.

If you get told something, you know what it is, and if you don't (following your logic) by not being told, you also know something.

Far better they say nothing at all.

No I don't think so. Here...

If it is something personal, do what clubs have done forever; call it something it isn't. 

If it is a standard injury, call it what it is. Easy.

And why have they named which players and staff have contracted Covid?

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I just listened to 24 minute press conference.  Holden seemed to imply one of the players that was tested positive over the Cardiff weekend is still out, plus one new one too.

So I think we are down to 17 if Kalas and Nagy are ok....plus Towler, Edwards....possibly Sam Bell or Harrison coming in.

ta....that’s interesting because I was told that he played in that friendly.  Happy to accept I was incorrectly informed.

I’d usually believe you over the EP! I remember when we signed him there was an article to say we wouldn’t see him just yet.

who’s knows, if we can get Baker, Walsh and Williams match fit for the start of 2021, it may help with our usual post Christmas slide.

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

This is like The (midfield) Princes In The Tower. Anyone checked up Cabot Tower?

As an aside, as a kid I used to wriggle under the turnstile in the Cabot tower before climbing to the top and launching plastic soldiers ,or my cousins dolls ,from the top with makeshift parachutes ,with varying degrees of effectiveness.

( Baby tears cried real tears when her parachute was found to be less than effective. ) 

I never saw any Princes . I would probably have thrown them over as well if I had ! ) 

:yes:

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

I think the level of frustration is testament to the potential qualities these 2 can bring to the side. Sooner they are involved the better but not until they are 100% ready.

Positive thinking I like it

10 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

This is like The (midfield) Princes In The Tower. Anyone checked up Cabot Tower?

Couple of winos,think Murray was there 

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

This has happened quite a few times in the last 4/5 years, don't know how it still comes as a surprise to people. 

Every time we hear someone should be back by a certain date, they almost never are. 

Baker was supposed to be out until December was it? Might as well make that end of Jan. 

True. I also remember unexpected returns though, unsure if they did more harm or good to the players effectiveness in long run. 

Pisano vs Sheffield Wednesday March 2018 and O'Dowda Millwall a month or so later both spring to mind. They certainly returned a bit earlier than expected IIRC.

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Weird, cause that’s exactly how I remember it. Either way, the sooner they’re back the better, especially Williams imo. COYR 

On a general note, I'm hoping that if we get them back and fit, that maybe this year if the injuries are front loaded that law of averages etc we'll have a lot less post Christmas.

Complete mystery though as to why not playing. In Walsh's chance if he's refused a new deal could he be getting frozen out as a result? I have no line on that BTW, pure guesswork, 2 + 2=5 hopefully!

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

On a general note, I'm hoping that if we get them back and fit, that maybe this year if the injuries are front loaded that law of averages etc we'll have a lot less post Christmas.

Complete mystery though as to why not playing. In Walsh's chance if he's refused a new deal could he be getting frozen out as a result? I have no line on that BTW, pure guesswork, 2 + 2=5 hopefully!

Only trouble is . The law of averages is taking its bloody time . We’ve had ridiculous amounts of injuries to key players for the last 4 years 

12 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Only trouble is . The law of averages is taking its bloody time . We’ve had ridiculous amounts of injuries to key players for the last 4 years 

Sadly that sounds more likely than my optimistic scenario.

Key players and you can add to that what I'd class as 'first reserves'. We've had to dig deep indeed due to these ridiculous rolling injuries!

I have it on good authority that William's and Walsh's eyes met across the Physio's table and they fell instantly and uncontrollably in love...........they have eloped ,and are currently hiding out in a love nest in the French Alps.  They are not expected to play for us this season.  You couldn't make it up?

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I have it on good authority that William's and Walsh's eyes met across the Physio's table and they fell instantly and uncontrollably in love...........they have eloped ,and are currently hiding out in a love nest in the French Alps.  They are not expected to play for us this season.  You couldn't make it up?

Oh, I think you could ....

This thread (and the previous ones) baffle me.. 

Players aren't fit to play yet, because there have been complications, set backs. 

Now people (some) feel the need to demand further info..? For what..? 

The bottom line is that they got injured.

Their recovery hasn't gone as smoothly as hoped.

They aren't ready yet. 

End of. 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

This thread (and the previous ones) baffle me.. 

Players aren't fit to play yet, because there have been complications, set backs. 

Now people (some) feel the need to demand further info..? For what..? 

The bottom line is that they got injured.

Their recovery hasn't gone as smoothly as hoped.

They aren't ready yet. 

End of. 

What Best part of a year top wages How long you willing to wait ? Wish i was employed by you 

4 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

What Best part of a year top wages How long you willing to wait ? Wish i was employed by you 

I'd imagine they are willing to wait until the players are fit to return. 

I'm only plucking wild conspiracy theories out of air with that one though...! ?

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

I think the level of frustration is testament to the potential qualities these 2 can bring to the side. Sooner they are involved the better but not until they are 100% ready.

Potential, that is the word. Most people on the forum have not seen either play much, or at all, during last season but they have developed a somewhat mystical reputation. When they come back they won’t be match fit so it could be a bit of an initial disappointment. I’d bet it’s going to be somewhere in January before we really know how good they are 

11 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I feel like I’m being punished for the level of excitement I had for seeing Walsh play for us. 

Starting to wonder if it’ll ever happen. 

Sadly dont think we will see Walsh in our midfield this season. Contract on off not signed (unless they have withdrawn it due to injury. He will take some time to get back to match fitness as has been out for so long.

If he doesnt sign the contract then doubt he will play if he cant prove his fitness. Will be off the end of this season i think. It will be a shame if that happens.

Archived