IGNORED

Walsh and Williams still not fit !

Major Isewater

4 hours ago, old_eastender said:

I really don't get why the club are not being open about what the issues are with Walsh & Williams?

Understand why week-to-week we don't reveal fresh injuries etc so as to keep opponents guessing, but with these two long term out, it makes no sense to me for the club not to be open and honest. 

Isn't a person's medical records supposed to be private?

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

One of the problems Managers have is that if they start becoming more open on injuries you get two bob journalists and the more negative type of posters on internet forums, the type that never have a good word to say about their club, literally hanging on their every word. So if they say "likely to be another month" as soon as five weeks out of action is arrived at those overly negative types of people start accusing you of not knowing what you are doing.  

??

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

In some cases less is more.

Why give a helping hand to the opposition with a run down on who is or isn’t likely to play?

With the amount of injuries we have  at the moment it can’t be too complicated for them to work out who is available so keep them guessing I say. 

??

Holden said to Twentyman at the start of the season that he will be open and honest....to a point, but he also said there will be reasons why he won’t give out info so as not to inform the opposition.

Not a nice thought, but maybe details of their injuries aren't being released in order to protect them when they do finally return(?)

I can imagine some unscrupulous @rseh0le opposition player paying particular attention to a player's ''weak spot' in order to intimidate him and/or send him straight back to the treatment room.

5h!thousery is the norm these days.

1 minute ago, !james said:

Unbelievable.

Genuinely think Mawson’s time with us is already over, I don’t expect him back this season.

As for the rest, where do you even start?

Be interesting to have a prognosis with Sessegnon as to whether it is worth continuing with his loan spell.

Baker was originally expected back by December so if he at least starts training this year that is a start.

The other two, dear oh dear.

So why do we seem to have a very high proportion of "long term" injuries? Is it......

A relaxed view on signing players with existing and long term injury issues

Poor Medical/Recovery Team

Training issues

The Desso pitch (I know many pro's detest working on 3G/4G pitches)

Bad Luck

All/most/some of the above

Is anyone aware of whether we have looked into it?

Just now, JonDolman said:

They're all long term injuries. Certainly not surprised by Mawson, Sessegnon and Baker not being back in December.

We don't seem to know a lot about Walsh and Williams. Not worried though as we are doing well without them and Bakinson hopefully back soon, and Massengo too.

With the Walsh/Williams situation being what it now appears to be (i.e. another long term injury issue) I do think that Holden has to look at alternative ways of setting up his midfield because in my view a continuation of our midfield consisting of O'Dowda, Paterson and a "holder" is a sure recipe for falling down the table in due course.

27 Aug - https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-citys-nathan-baker-liam-4460562

Walsh, meanwhile, is also recovering from injury but is described as going through the final parts of rehabilitation before he is able to rejoin the Bristol City squad. He is not expected to be out for much longer. 

Some sources have even suggested that Williams is out for a lengthy amount of time - up to 12 weeks - with an injury that was carried over from his time at Wigan

15 Sep - https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-injury-news-latest-4518587

They’ve been placed together because they have similar injuries with an almost identical timeframe with the hope that one or both will be back in action before the next international break.

Williams is yet to make his debut for the club while Walsh hasn’t played for City for more than a year now following his loan to Coventry.

“Him and Joe Williams are very, very close to each other in terms of a return to training,” Simpson said.

“We’re keeping our fingers crossed that over the next couple of weeks we’ll see them back out on the grass and doing the football work with the medical department.”

“Ideally, we’ll start introducing them into training and with a game at some point. But hopefully it won’t be too long until we see them with us.”

1st Oct - https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-walsh-injury-update-4564828

“Maybe Liam Walsh is a couple of weeks away from being back outside but the rest of the boys, although they’re not quite with the group just yet, are certainly progressing in the right way"

26 Oct - https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dean-holden-says-bristol-citys-4641421

"I wouldn't say that [that their comeback is taking longer than expected], no," he explained.

"If you and I got the same injury we'd probably recover at different times. I just think that you never quite know. When they put injury time scales on things, where do they get that from? The average of that injury from the last however many years? I don't quite know.

"They're both moving in the right direction. They're both out on the grass and pushing hard, as I say.

"I don't think and I wouldn't want to say that they'll be definitely ready before the international break. Hopefully soon after," he said.

24 Nov - we're told they're out until after Christmas. 

Make your own mind up with the above, a few mixed messages imo but I don't suspect the club of misleading us on purpose. 

It worries me because Liam Walsh hasn't played a game since March. He's had 8 months out already effectively. 

A lot of people saying he wants out, isn't signing a deal so isn't being played etc, but just by following him on socials, you don't get the feeling he wants out, always seems happy when we've won & congratulating players on scoring!

I wonder if the contract offer is even on the table, you've got a player that is yet to prove himself in the division, and also been out for half a season, it's a risk. 

Something very odd about Walsh. Like the posters above say, 'will be a couple weeks away' in September. Maybe he isn't signing a contract, so are using his Injury as an excuse to put it off for longer and longer?

With Williams I think they didn't want to announce a week after we signed him that he had a long term injury with us as that would have gone down badly, considering how appointing Holden at the time was perceived, and this was only weeks later.

Annoying

4 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

27 Aug - https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-citys-nathan-baker-liam-4460562

15 Sep - https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-injury-news-latest-4518587

1st Oct - https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-walsh-injury-update-4564828

26 Oct - https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dean-holden-says-bristol-citys-4641421

24 Nov - we're told they're out until after Christmas. 

Make your own mind up with the above, a few mixed messages imo but I don't suspect the club of misleading us on purpose. 

It worries me because Liam Walsh hasn't played a game since March. He's had 8 months out already effectively. 

A lot of people saying he wants out, isn't signing a deal so isn't being played etc, but just by following him on socials, you don't get the feeling he wants out, always seems happy when we've won & congratulating players on scoring!

I wonder if the contract offer is even on the table, you've got a player that is yet to prove himself in the division, and also been out for half a season, it's a risk. 

Interesting that one of your quotes refers to an old injury carried over from Wigan Athletic. I thought I wasn't dreaming that and have been corrected a couple of times by people saying it was a training ground injury at Failand (which is where the flare up of the initial injury may have happened?). 

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

Oh goody. I might get my 3rd kit in the post before we even see these 2 in action. 

By the time you get it, your daughter will be at Uni and you will then enter a long winded, drawn out argument with the club who won't exchange it for the correct size as their deal with Hummel ended 18 years before hand.

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can you name a few? I'd be interested in reading what they don't like about them.

I can but I won't on here............ The players I have spoken too who don't like these pitches see them as being harder on their joints and prefer watered grass pitches with far more give on them, particularly the older pro's not brought up on 3G pitches as standard.

28 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I can but I won't on here............ The players I have spoken too who don't like these pitches see them as being harder on their joints and prefer watered grass pitches with far more give on them, particularly the older pro's not brought up on 3G pitches as standard.

Only there's a difference between 3&4G pitches and Desso pitches, so it's a little irrelevant really....

32 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

By the time you get it, your daughter will be at Uni and you will then enter a long winded, drawn out argument with the club who won't exchange it for the correct size as their deal with Hummel ended 18 years before hand.

Hummel will have been wound-up 15 years earlier after industry-record fines for making their kits out of covid-infected Danish mink. 
City fans still awaiting their 3rd kit will have had a lucky escape, after 3,500 deaths were linked to the mink infected kits. 

21 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Only there's a difference between 3&4G pitches and Desso pitches, so it's a little irrelevant really....

They do have a synthetic base though? You might be 100% correct but the injuries we pick up do seem to be above the norm. Certainly not the muscle injuries that Klopp is moaning about from over playing.

Archived