IGNORED

Walsh and Williams still not fit !

Major Isewater

2 hours ago, Bassomylord said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Bakinson may be out for a little while. Its going to be very difficult after covid to just come in and start a game. I actually think Bakinson might take a long time to get back to full strength.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

That's assuming he had symptoms. Not sure if that's been confirmed. He might be feeling fit as anything, although not training for 2 weeks will probably mean he doesn't start on Saturday in my opinion.

According to Holden (paraphrased), Bakinson is fine....just needs a negative test....and then he will rejoin the squad.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Simple, they have to wait for their chance, or take their opportunity when someone gets rested.

Re Bakinson you’d think that Nagy on Saturday might be one game too far (I thought last night was imho) so he might get lucky and come back in immediately.

Apparently O'Dowda and Paterson have both picked up quad injuries, but Holden told Massengo not to get too excited because we wanted to try Hunt and Gilmarten as a midfield pairing for the Reading game...

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Also, I don’t think that we should worry about this football manager stuff until they are actually fit.

What we cannot do is expect the same 13 to play Saturday, Tuesday/Wednesday indefinitely.

I saw a post elsewhere saying we probably will never put our strongest side out this season, which suggests to me how do we know it even was?

Circumstances dictate who plays (Nagy is a great example here), but rotation and recovery are key with so few options.

All good points Graham

And your (Believed) ‘strongest side’ is only your ‘strongest side’ at the start and then at each game point thereafter

(I know you’d agree that Most managers will give you different ‘strongest side’s at various points during the season as it’s dependent on individual form / player development or decline / change of team tactics etc etc)

If a Manager had a fit squad of 24 to choose from all season you can be sure virtually every side would still change at some point(s), and if it was under LJ , each week

@Davefevs following our discussion about managers revealing injury updates, I found Mourinho's comments today on Kane to be a bit odd...

"I'm not going to tell you the nature of his injury," said Spurs manager Jose Mourinho.

"He has a good chance [against Arsenal]. I don't want to lie, I don't want to hide anything in relation to is he going to play or not. I think he's going to play. My feeling is that he's going to play."

If these 2 not fit by Christmas then we really need a quality signing in January window in that position a paul Hartley signing of that sort would be great , we’ve been in this position in league at Christmas and let the chance of strengthening slip and dropped down table ,So come on city we’re in with a chance ?

16 hours ago, Lew-T said:

https://bit.ly/WalshApp

Come across this on Twitter earlier. It’s a Coventry fans podcast that features Walsh. Plenty of good things to say about his loan spell there, talks a bit about City and the current situation from the 30 minute mark.

I was hoping for something revealing, but no. He did sound complimentary and optimistic about dealings with Holden. 

I won't be happy until A) He's back in the first team B) He signs a new contract.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Good interview except the bloke sniffing all the time! 

Good to hear him talk about us. Would love to see him get his chance.

good spot & share by 1960 and quite entertaining !  Is he really a scouser ! ? Real accent, i am one of these who believes he will be our 'Barry Bannan' type player.... At least the DH interviews a week or so back put to bed the conspiracy theories that were doing the rounds. A nasty niggling injury taking its time... more so than normal.  Always the optimist.

Anyone who has a few spare minutes and they have a mind to listen to LW, we are really mentioned from about 30mins onwards, he says he likes DH the new manager,  who in turn rates LW, and likes the way he plays.  He also says he has a 'nasty' injury and wants to get back to doing what he does best. (obviously). The impression I was left with is he's gong no where. 

12 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

In his day, but for every great game he played for us (and there were a few) he was anonymous in two more.  Sadly, we got him a season or two too late.

But, as is ever the case, I don't think he would have been interested in coming here a season or two earlier.

On 25/11/2020 at 19:46, Sheltons Army said:

Chris Honour on RB tonight

Astonished by the Williams and Walsh situation

Says quad injuries normally 6-8 weeks max

Only came across One serious quad injury in his whole career !

Horrendously  unlucky ,

a 1 in ??? Coincidence ?

Kalas now out with a ‘tight quad’

With the money involved these days in wages etc Id hope that we are / have a review of every aspect of these injuries , any activity leading to the injuries , the diagnosis , and the rehab strategy , right from our fitness / conditioning team and the medical staff including advice used from any outside consultants

Talk about small margins , it would be a sensible investment Id suggest

Do you think that we have these players, who are multi million pound assets, and don’t do this?

On 25/11/2020 at 19:46, Sheltons Army said:

With the money involved these days in wages etc Id hope that we are / have a review of every aspect of these injuries , any activity leading to the injuries , the diagnosis , and the rehab strategy , right from our fitness / conditioning team and the medical staff including advice used from any outside consultants

Talk about small margins , it would be a sensible investment Id suggest

@Sheltons Army

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yes......

I wouldn’t expect those involved to do the review necessarily so ...... ???????

Not trying to call you out at all here @Sheltons Armyand understand your point very much.

I just get irked sometimes at the fact a large part of our fan base seem to think that our medical and conditioning staff, who are the most qualified to analyse the situation, are doing something wrong. When in reality we have often signed players with a history of injury problems thinking we will get a good deal if it works out (like it did with Webster), and also have had some fairly poor luck with injuries such as ACLs, which are part and parcel of the modern game.

8 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Not trying to call you out at all here @Sheltons Armyand understand your point very much.

I just get irked sometimes at the fact a large part of our fan base seem to think that our medical and conditioning staff, who are the most qualified to analyse the situation, are doing something wrong. When in reality we have often signed players with a history of injury problems thinking we will get a good deal if it works out (like it did with Webster), and also have had some fairly poor luck with injuries such as ACLs, which are part and parcel of the modern game.

I agree with you both.  No harm in getting some outside “checks”, but I also don’t buy the conspiracy theories either....certainly not this season.  I think we are seeing impact of condensed end of last season, short break, condensed pre-season, condensed fixture list...and Covid.

2 minutes ago, Marty said:

I'm not sure if its been mentioned in any other thread recently, but does anyone have an update on these two?

Joe Williams is a figment of our collective imaginations and Liam Walsh got bored so walked back to Coventry and after a brief visit to the plastic surgeon is masquerading as a goal scoring Liam Kelly

Archived