IGNORED

Walsh and Williams still not fit !

Major Isewater

15 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've got a small conspiracy theory with respect to Williams, that I hope will fall away.

We signed Williams, then it transpires that we are under some sort of moderate EFL Business Plan for being on course to fail FFP within the next couple of years, we shouldn't have signed him as it was for a fee- and therefore he can't play so we're not in breach, were he to play we would be in breach.

Okay it's farfetched and I hope fanciful, but could that be at all possible? The changes in q came in with respect to FFP after Williams had signed and for a fee, so in theory...and the relevant financial Info due to Covid was submitted to the EFL after this date, ie after the day we signed Williams.

1. Williams signs 20th August 2020
  2. Deadline for relevant data for clubs shifted to 26th August 2020
  3. FFP rules amended, announced 29th August 2020.

Though he has been given the 20 shirt so I'm hoping it's 2 + 2=5!

If you want a conspiracy theory why go small? Go big. A much bigger and better conspiracy theory is that he doesn’t exist. He’s just a hologram. However the temporal anomaly in the promethean containment crystal part of hologram projector has caused a slight variance in the osmium vacuum processor. Mark Ashton tried to fix this but failed to detach the nitronium chroniton booster.  

A new unit is on order, but won’t arrive till January, which is when we’ll see him 

The McGregor post as DaveFevs alluded to says it all, the two Ws sadly had nasty niggling injuries... the sooner we see them the better for all concerned, not least the players... DH also stated that Joe Williams was his big signing...and he went on to explain how he picked up his injury first day of trading more or less....

it is what it is, I hold the view these two will make a massive difference when up to speed.... but that’s not going to be an instantaneous hit.. have to get match fit and all that.  My hope is end January...

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Until we see 19/20s accounts (they are very late for us, normally Oct) I’m not convinced.  We sold Webster in that period, and although we spent it all...it will be amortised in the main across 3/4 years.

I don’t think we were under any constraints imposed by EFL, purely SL’s sustainability.

Re injuries we have to be careful to not lump a single comment like “Jan or Feb” to every player that’s currently injured.

Nor do we have to assume that a mid/end Jan date means return to training and then 3/4 weeks of getting match fitness.

For example we already know that Baker is back on the grass, i.e. he’s back in training.  It’s just he’s not ready to be considered for selection, that’s a little way off.  And of course he could have a setback....like we’ve been told Walsh and Williams have had.

Of course it’s frustrating, but that’s injuries for you. 

Yeah, most likely- just had it as an outside possibility in the back of my mind for a bit- well maybe not the Williams bit, more the modest restraints bit. 2 + 2=5 I'm certain!

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

When did you last receive at update re Walsh?

Answer: A week ago.  Here’s a summary of the presser from Gregor.

8687EE41-0D12-408A-AFB1-B1B79AF82262.thumb.jpeg.c9272925a83e8f18b401454260f4e646.jpeg

Whether the update last week was to your satisfaction or not, are you after another update this week?

if yes, what extra detail are you after?

As you appear to be so aggravated by this, it might be worth you writing to the club expressing your thoughts.

Thats exactly what I did re Robinstv at the end of last season.  No idea whether it was my feedback that changed things, but if you do it in the right way, you’ll get a response.

Its pretty clear that Dean is not going to go into as much detail re injuries as LJ did.  That’s a good thing or a bad thing depending on your view point.  There’s possibly a happy medium in there in fairness.

From a reporters point of view, do you think there was much benefit yesterday in Gregor asking for another update on Walsh and Williams given the answer given the week before?

That update says players might be back January more than likely February not which players and no info on what are the injuries to Williams and Walsh. 

Archived