Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Walsh and Williams still not fit !


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

As an aside, as a kid I used to wriggle under the turnstile in the Cabot tower before climbing to the top and launching plastic soldiers ,or my cousins dolls ,from the top with makeshift parachutes ,with varying degrees of effectiveness.

( Baby tears cried real tears when her parachute was found to be less than effective. ) 

I never saw any Princes . I would probably have thrown them over as well if I had ! ) 

:yes:

You certainly lived on the edge Major :laughcont:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maxjak said:

I have it on good authority that William's and Walsh's eyes met across the Physio's table and they fell instantly and uncontrollably in love...........they have eloped ,and are currently hiding out in a love nest in the French Alps.  They are not expected to play for us this season.  You couldn't make it up?

That's really quite beautiful. 

But they should be sacked for breach of contract... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A few conspiracy theories on this thread, think many without foundation.  

I am as disappointed as many, as I still really believe that these two will be the driving force behind the side moving forward, and as I have said before on other threads, Williams was a big signing for us end of the summer.  

It’s so frustrating that what many of us thought were minor knocks clearly are anything but, and it seems at present an undefined time until they might be available. 

Williams is a fantastic upgrade on Korey lets hope we see him & Walsh this side of Xmas..... somehow I suspect we might be back in the stadiums before them 🙈

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

So it's Walsh's fault he's injured then is it? Care to elaborate on these comments?

Pretty simple, his availability record for us is really crap.

Now been out for months & the season before last he started 1 game (Ipswich) & was then out for virtually the rest of the season.

How can you think about building your midfield with him in it? 

People gave Nagy stick, he looks a 46 game a season player in comparison.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Problem is you shoot the doctor and you then need to employ a second doctor to treat the doctor you just shot. And if they **** it up and you shoot that doctor too, that's a third doctor on the payroll. It's a slippery slope. 

Sounds like the Idi Amin prisoner inducement,  except they used hammers :laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Pretty simple, his availability record for us is really crap.

Now been out for months & the season before last he started 1 game (Ipswich) & was then out for virtually the rest of the season.

How can you think about building your midfield with him in it? 

People gave Nagy stick, he looks a 46 game a season player in comparison.

You're writing him off far, far too early.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Problem is you shoot the doctor and you then need to employ a second doctor to treat the doctor you just shot. And if they **** it up and you shoot that doctor too, that's a third doctor on the payroll. It's a slippery slope. 

Who? which one they keep regenerating but I think it would be cool

you keep getting a young pretty assistant unless time has moved on

Link to post
Share on other sites

In recent times we were getting the club’s physio recording half hour long interviews with models of bones and ligaments to explain to us in the tiniest detail what each long term injury was and what the prognosis for recovery was in each case.  These were good and appreciated.

These days we aren’t even told what an injury is let alone any detail at all about prognosis.  This is a MASSIVE change of approach and any questions are responded to with ridiculously vague remarks which give no information at all.  Can we at least be told by the club why this massive change in approach has been made?For players to be out for months on end and for us to be told ‘we hope it will be soon’ week after week is frankly ridiculous unless and until we are told why this is happening.  

Holden told us on appointment that he would be open and honest with us.  He isn’t being about injuries.

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, markcarter said:

In recent times we were getting the club’s physio recording half hour long interviews with models of bones and ligaments to explain to us in the tiniest detail what each long term injury was and what the prognosis for recovery was in each case.  These were good and appreciated.

These days we aren’t even told what an injury is let alone any detail at all about prognosis.  This is a MASSIVE change of approach and any questions are responded to with ridiculously vague remarks which give no information at all.  Can we at least be told by the club why this massive change in approach has been made?For players to be out for months on end and for us to be told ‘we hope it will be soon’ week after week is frankly ridiculous unless and until we are told why this is happening.  

Holden told us on appointment that he would be open and honest with us.  He isn’t being about injuries.

Good points raised here.

Not sure Holden himself is being dishonest but you highlight a fundamental change in the club's approach to keeping fans informed on injuries.

From being as open as we've ever seen under Steve Allen - almost to the point of too much detail - to the exact opposite now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, markcarter said:

In recent times we were getting the club’s physio recording half hour long interviews with models of bones and ligaments to explain to us in the tiniest detail what each long term injury was and what the prognosis for recovery was in each case.  These were good and appreciated.

These days we aren’t even told what an injury is let alone any detail at all about prognosis.  This is a MASSIVE change of approach and any questions are responded to with ridiculously vague remarks which give no information at all.  Can we at least be told by the club why this massive change in approach has been made?For players to be out for months on end and for us to be told ‘we hope it will be soon’ week after week is frankly ridiculous unless and until we are told why this is happening.  

Holden told us on appointment that he would be open and honest with us.  He isn’t being about injuries.

And yet people on OTIB blamed him (Steve “Wiggy” Allen) for City’s injuries too, some blaming him for misdiagnosis of certain players’ injuries also.

There’s probably a happy medium in what info we get.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Williams is a fantastic upgrade on Korey lets hope we see him & Walsh this side of Xmas..... somehow I suspect we might be back in the stadiums before them 🙈

A ‘fantastic upgrade on Korey’ ?


Thats a bold statement , and you must have seen a lot games of his to make it

If he is a ‘fantastic upgrade’ he will be some player,  as Korey rarely if ever let us down 


Lets hope so , but some big claims do the rounds,  for players we've seen little of 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Good points raised here.

Not sure Holden himself is being dishonest but you highlight a fundamental change in the club's approach to keeping fans informed on injuries.

From being as open as we've ever seen under Steve Allen - almost to the point of too much detail - to the exact opposite now.

How did it effect you either way? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

And yet people on OTIB blamed him (Steve “Wiggy” Allen) for City’s injuries too, some blaming him for misdiagnosis of certain players’ injuries also.

There’s probably a happy medium in what info we get.

Thats why it makes no difference what they say. People will moan and feel personally hard done by anyway. Club can’t win as per usual

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

You're writing him off far, far too early.

I’m not writing him off, I’m stating facts, his availability record for us is really poor.

I have absolutely no idea if he is good enough for this standard, as 7 league starts ever at this level & playing well against the likes of Rovers gives me nothing to base a judgment on.

If he was ever fit to play then perhaps I would have a better idea.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mozo said:

You're not a very curious person are you?!

I just don’t use every little thing to moan and bitch about the club. It would only go bad for the club if they specified the injury and expected return date because if it’s anything other than 100% accurate the doom brigade would have a field day.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

And yet people on OTIB blamed him (Steve “Wiggy” Allen) for City’s injuries too, some blaming him for misdiagnosis of certain players’ injuries also.

There’s probably a happy medium in what info we get.

Most definitely NOT a happy medium.  If 95 out of 100 is what we were getting, we are currently at 1 out of 100.  Let’s put happy medium around 50.  Moving from 1 might start with telling us what the injuries are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, markcarter said:

In recent times we were getting the club’s physio recording half hour long interviews with models of bones and ligaments to explain to us in the tiniest detail what each long term injury was and what the prognosis for recovery was in each case.  These were good and appreciated.

These days we aren’t even told what an injury is let alone any detail at all about prognosis.  This is a MASSIVE change of approach and any questions are responded to with ridiculously vague remarks which give no information at all.  Can we at least be told by the club why this massive change in approach has been made?For players to be out for months on end and for us to be told ‘we hope it will be soon’ week after week is frankly ridiculous unless and until we are told why this is happening.  

Holden told us on appointment that he would be open and honest with us.  He isn’t being about injuries.

Holden actually said before that he wouldn't give exact details on injuries.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GTFABM said:

How did it effect you either way? 

Strange question.

I pay £500 into Bristol City every season.

Of course I'm interested in the fitness of the players I'm expecting to watch, what their problem is if they're injured, and the timescale of when they should be back.

That to me is normal communication from the club. Steve Allen took things one stage further and made a point of explaining things in detail and got great credit for his openness on here iirc.

There's no need for the current vagueness and prevarication bordering on secrecy from the club which just frustrates the fans and leads to some of the speculation seen on this thread, and others, which can even paint individual players in a bad light. 

I find your lack of curiosity a bit odd tbh. 

  

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Strange question.

I pay £500 into Bristol City every season.

Of course I'm interested in the fitness of the players I'm expecting to watch, what their problem is if they're injured, and the timescale of when they should be back.

That to me is normal communication from the club. Steve Allen tok things one step further and made a point of explaining things in detail and got great credit for his openness on here iirc.

There's no need for the current vagueness and prevarication bordering on secrecy from the club which just frustrates the fans and leads to some of the speculation seen on this thread, and others, which can even paint individual players in a bad light. 

I find your lack of curiosity a bit odd tbh. 

  

Each to their own i guess. Makes no difference to me and don’t see how them saying “it’s his knee” makes it any better

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Precisely. 

In exactly the same way you have absolutely no idea whether his injuries are likely to reoccur, were down to bad luck, or anything else about them.

Eventually you see a pattern though.

If someone is consistently unavailable for selection they are absolutely no use to you.

Remember Lee Matthews? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Eventually you see a pattern though.

If someone is consistently unavailable for selection they are absolutely no use to you.

Remember Lee Matthews? 

Absolutely no use? 

I thought you weren't writing him off? 

Anyway - no need to continue the debate. All I'm saying is we don't have the basis to judge if he's injury prone. The injuries aren't the same ones reoccurring, and he was perfectly fine last season!

It'd bad luck for us and for him, I'm disappointed not to have seen him, but to say he's absolutely no use to us after 1 injury these past two seasons is outrageous. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Why do you say that - some insight, or - as your previous posts suggest you don't like/rate him - wishful thinking?

I hope your prediction is wrong anyway.

Just a feeling I have Noggers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...