IGNORED

would any one have the highlights from 29/Mar 1975 Bristol City 0 Norwich City 1 (Suggett)?

Never to the dark side

2 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

a match where Gerry Gow "bumped" ted mcdougal to the ground?

That’s going back some years. This is when we were in the top flight of Division 2 and also had a good league cup run going out to Liverpool. 

Sir Gerry would have not “bumped” any player as would of just given them a swift upper cut when the ref was not looking. He played like an angel god bless him 

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

a match where Gerry Gow "bumped" ted mcdougal to the ground?

A few older games pop up on Youtube occasionally, not seen this game though. 
I do wonder what happened to all the games that Johnathon Pearce's Dad did for the club. 

2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Wasn't that the Easter game the day after we won 1-0 at Southampton?

Remember that game well, Good Friday, my dad took me, the away terrrace was packed and we all thought promotion was on the cards.

Then came that Norwich defeat at home on the Saturday and drawing with Rovers 1-1 on the following Tuesday (when hundreds if not thousands were locked out), and that was that until the following season when we did it.

10 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Remember that game well, Good Friday, my dad took me, the away terrrace was packed and we all thought promotion was on the cards.

Then came that Norwich defeat at home on the Saturday and drawing with Rovers 1-1 on the following Tuesday (when hundreds if not thousands were locked out), and that was that until the following season when we did it.

That was s great win on the Friday, we stopped at a pub on the way back and while we were there the City team came in to celebrate as well with the coach parked outside

22 minutes ago, NickJ said:

a lockout at The Gas? Really? On a serious note, I remember the game well. Norwich were physically too much for us, Wasn't John Bond their manager at the time?

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

First away game I ever saw, Donnie Gillies got the winner?

Yes that's right, the goal was reward for a great team performance, Southampton were one of our promotion rivals. Unfortunately we looked jaded for the Saturday game, and Norwich were a very good side as well.

Archived