IGNORED

Nagy (Merged)

Bassomylord

10 minutes ago, santibello said:

Not just outstanding, also out-running the opposition

Incredible levels of fitness, he played virtually 3 full games whilst away on international duty, flew back on Thursday & was still running like a maniac in injury time.

Brilliant effort.

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I can see why LJ signed him now. He likes players with high stamina, and he certainly has that. 

I thought he was decent first half, but a lot better 2nd half, when really it was a harder job with Derby looking so dangerous.

He looks fit and confident. I like what I am seeing.

Couldn’t agree more,when we were pretty much under the cosh you need people who are willing to run and only him and semenyo in attacking areas did that all game,the defence was solid when you think what they had to deal with today  

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Fair play to Holden too for not being stubborn in it being Bakinson or his new signing Brunt. Not just a physical player to play in front of the defence. But Holden could see that Nagy can offer different things.

?

Nagy got his chance when Bakinson was taken ill & he then picked him alongside Brunt initially.

I’m not here to slag Holden off but truth is he only went to Nagy when he had virtually no options left, seeing as Walsh & Williams are injured.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I would've been happy to have seen him sold but he's proving me wrong. Looks really improved although he did have injury issues last season. Great stuff.

Me too PF , he’s won me over recently

And as Graham fairly points out below , Dean himself wasn’t convinced either

Just now, GrahamC said:

?

Nagy got his chance when Bakinson was taken ill & he then picked him alongside Brunt initially.

I’m not here to slag Holden off but truth is he only went to Nagy when he had virtually no options left, seeing as Walsh & Williams are injured.

The best midfielder at the club and should start every week (he gets a pass if he`s rested for Watford though, there can`t be much left in his tank right now). Anyone who can`t see what a class act Adam is doesn`t want to IMO.

If he continues this season as he has recently we`re going to be fighting off big money bids with a stick in the summer.

I’ve been critical of Nagy before but he’s getting better as the games go on. To me he looks like he plays on confidence and that really gets the best out of him. 

The Nagy that comes out of his shell and plays with that confidence is a decent player, just need to see more of it. 

31 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Agree, hopefully when Bakinson is fit Holden will pick 2 real CMs and drop one of COD/Pato (COD for me).

Please let that be!

I always liked Nagy and not surprising that he'sdoing the business.

Also a shame Massengo was Covided because he would have been a good player to turn to 

40 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I would've been happy to have seen him sold but he's proving me wrong. Looks really improved although he did have injury issues last season. Great stuff.

38 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Me too PF , he’s won me over recently

And as Graham fairly points out below , Dean himself wasn’t convinced either

me too. winning me over and making my comments look even more rediculous.well done Nagy

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

At this rate @Harry’s going to miss most of the season! 

Ha ha. Like it Dave, like it. 

In fairness, I have commented after both Cardiff and in today’s match thread that’s he’s been decent. 

I was a bit concerned in the first couple of minutes today when he went charging after the ball in a high and wide position (basically wide left on the half way line) when O’Dowda was already marking that man. This left a gap behind him which Derby quickly played into and switched the ball to the other wing, which ended up in Bentley having to make a good save. 
That’s been one of my big criticisms of him - the shape discipline. 

But, that was the only time he did that, and he then started keeping his position and shape, protecting the CB’s. 

Made some good tackles and interceptions and a couple of forward thinking balls, but also fluffed a great crossing opportunity late in the first half. 

Overall he played well from a defensive perspective. 

However, my other criticism of him has always been his ability to play in a possession-based team - he sometimes had a bit of a ‘hot potato’ moment when in possession. 
Probably no coincidence that his 3 recent (and decent) games have resulted in 37%, 44% and 36% possession for us. 

So, yes. He’s done well in the last 2 games, but I’m still not convinced he’s got the all round game, over the course of a whole season, to take us to the top 6. 

13 minutes ago, Harry said:

In fairness, I have commented after both Cardiff and in today’s match thread that’s he’s been decent. 

I was a bit concerned in the first couple of minutes today when he went charging after the ball in a high and wide position (basically wide left on the half way line) when O’Dowda was already marking that man. This left a gap behind him which Derby quickly played into and switched the ball to the other wing, which ended up in Bentley having to make a good save. 

But, that was the only time he did that, and he then started keeping his position and shape, protecting the CB’s. 

Made some good tackles and interceptions and a couple of forward thinking balls, but also fluffed a great crossing opportunity late in the first half. 

However, my other criticism of him has always been his ability to play in a possession-based team - he sometimes had a bit of a ‘hot potato’ moment when in possession. 
Probably no coincidence that his 3 recent (and decent) games have resulted in 37%, 44% and 36% possession for us. 

So, yes. He’s done well in the last 2 games, but I’m still not convinced he’s got the all round game, over the course of a whole season, to take us to the top 6. 

Don’t understand this bit, he consistently ranks in the top performers for pass completion. He likes to keep the ball moving rather than dwell on it, and is happy to receive it in tight situations. To me that is what you see in players that play well in possession based teams. 

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

Oh my Nagy is probably the only midfielder in our side who could play in a possession based side.

You are just being critical for the sake of it. Sad to see.

Archived