IGNORED

Nagy (Merged)

Bassomylord

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Transfermarkt is only as good as the info it gets.  I ignore transfer values and injury data on their site.

A few weeks ago Hungarian papers started to write that 'according to transfermarkt Nagy was injured but now he's all right'.

Then a I looked it up an saw that TM elegantly skipped last season and put that ankle injury in this season' stats. Not very reliable, is it?

One thing that strikes me, is that he is a confidence player. He seems to get down when things aren’t going well. He’s mentioned it in the few interviews he’s done.

Quality player on his day, just needs to believe in himself 

51 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Yep, intelligent and focused.

This interview is probably being conducted in his 4th language, too. Most Hungarians speak German & I am assuming that he speaks Italian having spent 3 years there.

He comes across very well, funny & really likeable.

Absolutely terrific again last night - his seventh full 90 (barring a few minutes in one of Hungary`s matches) game in about three and a half weeks. I have no idea how he just keeps going and performing to the standard he does. He must be running on fumes by now - either that or he`s not actually human (good or otherwise) and is actually some kind of Terminator robot in human skin.

I know I`m probably his biggest fan but he is so crucial to our success at the moment. I can`t wait to see him in a midfield with Tyreeq, that should be a thing of beauty.

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

Absolutely terrific again last night - his seventh full 90 (barring a few minutes in one of Hungary`s matches) game in about three and a half weeks. I have no idea how he just keeps going and performing to the standard he does. He must be running on fumes by now - either that or he`s not actually human (good or otherwise) and is actually some kind of Terminator robot in human skin.

I know I`m probably his biggest fan but he is so crucial to our success at the moment. I can`t wait to see him in a midfield with Tyreeq, that should be a thing of beauty.

Where would you play him with TB out of interest LR ?

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Where would you play him with TB out of interest LR ?

Tyreeq as the holding/defensive MF with Adam allowed to get forward. They could easily switch roles too just to confuse the opposition. They both have the ability to play DM or AM in my view but think Tyreeq is better defensively and Adam more attacking.

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Tyreeq as the holding/defensive MF with Adam allowed to get forward. They could easily switch roles too just to confuse the opposition. They both have the ability to play DM or AM in my view but think Tyreeq is better defensively and Adam more attacking.

I asked as It’s interesting that Hungary use him very much in that Shielding role , and taking the ball from , and dropping between the CBs

You would think he could play as one of the other two current midfield roles but interesting that Hungary use him as the shield 

i

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I actually disagree I would have it the other way round.

Agree with your original point looks like a top championship player now.

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I asked as It’s interesting that Hungary use him very much in that Shielding role , and taking the ball from , and dropping between the CBs

You would think he could play as one of the other two current midfield roles but interesting that Hungary use him as the shield 

i

I don`t know enough about their squad TBH - perhaps they have someone better in AM. @Hunsupport could probably explain things.

Either way he is looking like the complete midfielder to me and long may it continue.

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

I don`t know enough about their squad TBH - perhaps they have someone better in AM. @Hunsupport could probably explain things.

Either way he is looking like the complete midfielder to me and long may it continue.

He’s won me round LR and is a good asset, especially as he’s different from what we have

Joe Morrell is a very similar type and would probably have been a duplication

22 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Don’t they have that Salzburg (?!) guy who a lot of prem teams are after? Begins with s and unpronounceable to this ignoramus.

Helpful post, no?

• The title was changed to Nagy (Merged)

@Lanterne Rouge At the national team Rossi forged the team very similar to Bristol City's main line-up: 3-5-2.

But we play with 3 natural midfielders: 1 holding, 1 BTB and 1 AM (that is actually Szoboszlai). And Rossi plays Ádám nearly always as the holding because he is the most skilled and best in tight spaces with a very good passing range and game intelligence. It is Dávid Sigér whos playing style is the closest to him so as an example against Serbia he was the holding one and Ádám was the box-to-box (until Sigér was replaced, then he moved back to holding). Also Hungary doesn't really have a 6ish DM like Bakinson, our players are just not have that stature so we have to play this DM role differently and build around that.

Rossi admitted last year when Ádám was injured that everyone can be replaced / substituted in his team except for him.

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

i

That’s really interesting as that’s exactly what he started doing in the second half v Huddersfield.  It was really noticeable how he dropped back like that and let the CBs roam forward at times.  Didn’t realise that it’s what he does internationally. 

As probably Nagy’s biggest critic on here, I would say that he has been playing much better of late, so I’ll lay off any negative stuff. 
All I would say is that he is more suited to the DM role than to a B2B role. 
However, in the DM role, he must maintain his shape discipline and protect the CB’s. That was one of my biggest criticisms of him before and I’ll happily say that he’s done that much better in the last few games. 

Nagy himself, in his first ever interview with us, admitted that he can “run too much” and that he needed to learn to position himself better and not charge around just because he has bundles of energy. Hopefully he’s now really understanding the discipline needed in that role. 

On 24/11/2020 at 22:35, GrahamC said:

This interview is probably being conducted in his 4th language, too. Most Hungarians speak German & I am assuming that he speaks Italian having spent 3 years there.

He comes across very well, funny & really likeable.

Despite which, he's more eloquent and coherent speaking than a fair few British players. 

47 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Despite which, he's more eloquent and coherent speaking than a fair few British players. 

I’ve always wondered how he fits in with some of the ‘ Football Culture ‘ , seems quite shy , and maybe taken time to feel he’s fitting in ?

Thankfully we seem to have a decent group / squad which I’m sure suits him

Playing,  and performing will make him feel a part of it if so 

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Thought i'd bring this thread back up, as I thought Nagy was superb yesterday.

I am so surprised by his reading of the game off the ball. Not in his receiving of passes, as I knew that was one of his strengths, but his ability to protect our defence and gaps in midfield and protecting wide areas. He reads the game so well. Absolutely fantastic to see.

His incredible stamina, work rate and his deceptive pace would be pretty useless without the intelligence to go with it.

Absolutely delighted with what we have seen from Nagy since he broke into the side.

Enjoy while he is here. Euros in the summer.....bound to play a big part....clubs around Europe will be very interested.

One of the first names on the teamsheet now.....along with Bentley and Kalas.

Should look to tie him up long term.....but I can see another Eliasson why would he sign when he can play at a higher level.

Very good player now he is fully fit and getting a deserved run.

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Thought i'd bring this thread back up, as I thought Nagy was superb yesterday.

I am so surprised by his reading of the game off the ball. Not in his receiving of passes, as I knew that was one of his strengths, but his ability to protect our defence and gaps in midfield and protecting wide areas. He reads the game so well. Absolutely fantastic to see.

His incredible stamina, work rate and his deceptive pace would be pretty useless without the intelligence to go with it.

Absolutely delighted with what we have seen from Nagy since he broke into the side.

Agree, him, Kalas & Bentley were really the only 3 to come out with much credit yesterday.

The highlight of his game for me was when Mariappa ran into the centre circle to stop an opponent & Nagy must have sprinted 40 yards to get in to his RB position to cover him, he then got to the ball first & put it out to stop their attack.

Superb tactical awareness & fitness levels.

Thought he improved as the first half went on, but second half he was part of a disjointed team performance and part of a midfield that was bossed.  That has to factor into our view of his performance???

I think we all want to see Nagy with Bakinson alongside him on Wednesday. Let’s see whether Brunt is the “weak link” or it’s just a case of getting the midfield blend right.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Thought he improved as the first half went on, but second half he was part of a disjointed team performance and part of a midfield that was bossed.  That has to factor into our view of his performance???

I think we all want to see Nagy with Bakinson alongside him on Wednesday. Let’s see whether Brunt is the “weak link” or it’s just a case of getting the midfield blend right.

No argument, but since November 3rd when we beat Huddersfield up until yesterday he has started 10 games in 32 days & bar a quarter of an hour at Reading & the last few minutes yesterday, has played in every minute of all of them for us.

That is an incredible workload, particularly when you consider we still have 6 more games to come in December.

Archived