IGNORED

Vyner

MC RISK77

Certainly growing in confidence and reading the game so much better in a 4 than at the start of season as part of a 3.

this is the benefit of a run of games at this level you expect to see someone adapt to the physicality and intensity but also grow mentally. All the things I had hope to see from Moore but at the moment vyner looks to be progressing faster.

ugly win but who cares

Just now, MC RISK77 said:

Certainly growing in confidence and reading the game so much better in a 4 than at the start of season as part of a 3.

this is the benefit of a run of games at this level you expect to see someone adapt to the physicality and intensity but also grow mentally. All the things I had hope to see from Moore but at the moment vyner looks to be progressing faster.

ugly win but who cares

Did well today against a really toothless attack. He gets bullied too much at setpieces and switches off.

The challenge for him will be having todays level of performance against better sides.

Just now, Bassomylord said:

Did well today against a really toothless attack. He gets bullied too much at setpieces and switches off.

The challenge for him will be having todays level of performance against better sides.

Talking of toothless whatever has happened to Tom Lawrence, he looked superb 2 years ago under lampard

Just now, JonDolman said:

Very impressive again by Vyner. We limited Derby to very little chances, maybe a fair few half chances but none you'd expect them to score from.

Derby have threats just like Cardiff do and we dealt with both sides very well

Tbh their threats are set pieces. They have nothing else. 

1 hour ago, Bassomylord said:

Exactly what I thought earlier in the season, credit where credit is due though he is playing well. Nobody can call Tom Lawrence, Waghorn etc bad players, Vyner played very well.

1 hour ago, Bassomylord said:

I'm sorry but he isnt. Not even close. If you look at the lapses on concentration so far this season that have cost us. He still needs to improve.

He has been guilty of lapses of concentration earlier this season , but the last three games he’s been impressive and switched on. Hopefully as the season goes on he will continue to improve and the lapse of concentration will reduce 

I think Zak played very well today - and most impressively when not playing the ball. There were a few occasions when he let the ball run or used his body, when I think in the past he’d have tried to take a touch. That’s experience, and it only comes with time.

I thought at season start Taylor was ahead of him. And I do think he has made mistakes/lost concentration. But the above shows me he’s learning - and he deserves the shirt at the moment.

I have criticised Zak previously, it annoys me how often he'd run to the first man, then turn back and pass backwards. Just too often and most without fail. Tonight I saw him take the chance to break lines, beat players and drive into space, it adds a whole new dimension to his game. He still has a rick in him, he can switch off, but tonight he seemed to make the next step. Another one to take advantage of our shitstorm of injuries , pleased for him.

51 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I have criticised Zak previously, it annoys me how often he'd run to the first man, then turn back and pass backwards. Just too often and most without fail. Tonight I saw him take the chance to break lines, beat players and drive into space, it adds a whole new dimension to his game. He still has a rick in him, he can switch off, but tonight he seemed to make the next step. Another one to take advantage of our shitstorm of injuries , pleased for him.

He was the “senior” defender tonight...not in age but in terms of Holden’s choice of CBS and I thought he played like the leader.  Well impressed.  Not perfect but good.

Archived