Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Vyner


Recommended Posts

Certainly growing in confidence and reading the game so much better in a 4 than at the start of season as part of a 3.

this is the benefit of a run of games at this level you expect to see someone adapt to the physicality and intensity but also grow mentally. All the things I had hope to see from Moore but at the moment vyner looks to be progressing faster.

ugly win but who cares

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MC RISK77 said:

Certainly growing in confidence and reading the game so much better in a 4 than at the start of season as part of a 3.

this is the benefit of a run of games at this level you expect to see someone adapt to the physicality and intensity but also grow mentally. All the things I had hope to see from Moore but at the moment vyner looks to be progressing faster.

ugly win but who cares

Did well today against a really toothless attack. He gets bullied too much at setpieces and switches off.

The challenge for him will be having todays level of performance against better sides.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bassomylord said:

Did well today against a really toothless attack. He gets bullied too much at setpieces and switches off.

The challenge for him will be having todays level of performance against better sides.

Talking of toothless whatever has happened to Tom Lawrence, he looked superb 2 years ago under lampard

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JonDolman said:

Very impressive again by Vyner. We limited Derby to very little chances, maybe a fair few half chances but none you'd expect them to score from.

Derby have threats just like Cardiff do and we dealt with both sides very well

Tbh their threats are set pieces. They have nothing else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bassomylord said:

Did well today against a really toothless attack. He gets bullied too much at setpieces and switches off.

The challenge for him will be having todays level of performance against better sides.

Exactly what I thought earlier in the season, credit where credit is due though he is playing well. Nobody can call Tom Lawrence, Waghorn etc bad players, Vyner played very well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bassomylord said:

I'm sorry but he isnt. Not even close. If you look at the lapses on concentration so far this season that have cost us. He still needs to improve.

He has been guilty of lapses of concentration earlier this season , but the last three games he’s been impressive and switched on. Hopefully as the season goes on he will continue to improve and the lapse of concentration will reduce 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Zak played very well today - and most impressively when not playing the ball. There were a few occasions when he let the ball run or used his body, when I think in the past he’d have tried to take a touch. That’s experience, and it only comes with time.

I thought at season start Taylor was ahead of him. And I do think he has made mistakes/lost concentration. But the above shows me he’s learning - and he deserves the shirt at the moment.

  • Like 1
  • Robin 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, completely faultless tonight. It’s funny, at the start of the season I couldn’t really see a difference between him and Moore...

But now, Zak is well ahead and playing out of his skin! He looks to have all the attributes.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have criticised Zak previously, it annoys me how often he'd run to the first man, then turn back and pass backwards. Just too often and most without fail. Tonight I saw him take the chance to break lines, beat players and drive into space, it adds a whole new dimension to his game. He still has a rick in him, he can switch off, but tonight he seemed to make the next step. Another one to take advantage of our shitstorm of injuries , pleased for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I have criticised Zak previously, it annoys me how often he'd run to the first man, then turn back and pass backwards. Just too often and most without fail. Tonight I saw him take the chance to break lines, beat players and drive into space, it adds a whole new dimension to his game. He still has a rick in him, he can switch off, but tonight he seemed to make the next step. Another one to take advantage of our shitstorm of injuries , pleased for him.

He was the “senior” defender tonight...not in age but in terms of Holden’s choice of CBS and I thought he played like the leader.  Well impressed.  Not perfect but good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Ă—
Ă—
  • Create New...