IGNORED

Dean Holden

Motorwayman

16 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

" .....sometimes ..... the honesty's too much, for me, mate; and I have to close my eyes .... and hide.

(But) I want Dean Holden til I die, til we both, er, breakdown and cry,

I want Dean Holden til the fear in me subsides.

And who are we to judge you, on what you say or do?

We're only just beginning to see the real you

And sometimes when we touch, the honesty's too much .....  "

Name that song @British Steel! Year, and UK chart number too, please .....

Dan Hill (I know THAT much) 1994 ?

49 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

This. Despite the clamour for information from fans and the media it would have served no useful purpose to give us all the gory details. Some things are better left under wraps and perhaps in the future we can accept that the club is dealing with problems without (some people) going off on one and insisting on EFL enquiries, fines and the like.

Johnson was a media man’s dream....always saying more than he needed, a bit too honest / detailed on occasion.  I really enjoyed his pre-match presses, full of information, etc.  But I rarely enjoyed his post-match interviews.

Dean Holden’s genuine concern for the welfare of his players (and their families) re contracting Covid feet a bit like Cotterill and “his boys”.

I believe LJ would’ve cared too FWIW, but he just would come across differently.

21 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

Apologies if this has been said already.

DH seems like the kind of manager who, to use an old cliche, you’d ‘run through a brick wall’ for, but low and behold you get on the wrong side of him!

COYR.

It feels that way doesn’t it.

23 hours ago, CiderHeadDan said:

I think the main positive is that he is relatable! There’s not a lot of decisions so far that fans can really query. 
his teams have been consistent when winning and reasonable subs are made that make logical sense. 
it will be interesting to see over the season how well an inexperienced manager will do, but I’m all for he current form! Long live streaky Dean!

Yes I agree. I was OK LJ felt he did a decent enough job during his stay a manager. And we where a better side when he left to when he took over. But LJ 's subs confused me they often made no sense whereas DH subs seem to make perfect sense. Which I like :0)

COYR 

Archived