IGNORED

Wells.

BCFC1512

Would you expect him to be pleased to be subbed? 

Here come some unsubstantiated comments about him not wanting to be here... 

As for a lack of chances... No one's really had many the last couple of games, and he's not playing in his usual role through the middle. He was instrumental in the goal at Cardiff, and has still put a shift in. 

I’m glad he’s annoyed at being sub. But currently he’s being outshone by a youngster who’s not had any exposure at this level previously.... He can’t honestly look back at the game today and think Semenyo should have made way instead of him.

The positive, that has been mentioned above, is that although he’s out of form currently he’s still working his socks off. Where we have had other out of form players who seem uninterested. Good to see and don’t think it needs drastic change currently 

2 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Would you expect him to be pleased to be subbed? 

Here come some unsubstantiated comments about him not wanting to be here... 

As for a lack of chances... No one's really had many the last couple of games, and he's not playing in his usual role through the middle. He was instrumental in the goal at Cardiff, and has still put a shift in. 

Think it’s pretty clear that he preferred to be at QPR, I’m not convinced he bought into the move heart and soul. Possibly a knock on from the Brownhill move. 

Just now, REDOXO said:

Wells is a very good player. He is a forward an as such if he has a lack of chances then its probably a good idea to look elsewhere.

Put in a tremendous shift today, without seeing the ball, contributing to a very hard won three points. 

Absolutely.

I doubt very much he prefers playing wide left of a front 3, but is giving his all & contributing to wins.

I haven’t always been convinced by his body language, but he could not have done any more in the last 3 games.

Weirdly, despite the lack of goals I’m probably less worried now than at any other time since he joined.

Given the position he’s been asked to play in the past two games, I think he’s completely sacrificed himself for the team in the way he’s worked, tracked and covered. I suspect the Norwich performance and penalty gave him a bit of a kick.

5 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

What is the basis for this opinion? 

Nothing, I'll wager. 

His social media feed was very QPR centric, it’s clear he was happy playing there. 

He looked massively disinterested at the tail end of last season after his move, when you’d have thought he would be at his most keen to impress, and sometimes I think he is just going through the motions now.  

In answer to your question his body language and my gut feeling.

15 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

His social media feed was very QPR centric, it’s clear he was happy playing there. 

He looked massively disinterested at the tail end of last season after his move, when you’d have thought he would be at his most keen to impress, and sometimes I think he is just going through the motions now.  

Christ his social media activity is a sign someone is happy,give it a bleeding rest son 

18 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Fair enough. 

I respectfully disagree. 

I’m impressed by the psychologists in this thread who know how Wells feels by his social media.

Fact is, social media as a whole is a farce. The people most active who post how great their life is tend to be the most unhappy. If you like your tea, you eat the bugger, you don’t send a photo of it to strangers.

As for NW himself, a few things:

- I think he is undoubtedly putting a shift in. It’s not his natural game, but he is playing out of position (slightly) and working hard. Not sure how he can be slated there

- Yes, he gets frustrated when subbed. But he also gets frustrated on the pitch (today when Hunt crossed and Semenyo headed he was narked as if Antoine had left it he had a great opportunity). He wants to score, he wants to win. I don’t see that as a negative, and it’s certainly not the act of someone who doesn’t care and wants to be at QPR

- If you take the two above together, you have a player doing a job for the team who wants the team to win. 

Do I think he’s been great? Nope. Do I think he’s been professional? Yes. Do I think he’s doing his best for the team? Yes.

Lay off on the amateur psychology. He’s doing fine.

45 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

We don't create chances and he spent most his time helping Jay. Completely out of position and a waste out there.

Yeah I’m sure spurs fans are annoyed that Kane and Son get back to help out....? What baring does his defensive work have to his attacking work? Seemed today we were wanting Wells/Semenyo to get cut backs into the box or if they would work the opportunity cut inside, you aren’t going to get masses of prime shooting chances from that. Nahki didn’t play badly by any stretched but was just sacrificed for the 352 as Antoine was having a better game.

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Yeah I’m sure spurs fans are annoyed that Kane and Son get back to help out....? What baring does his defensive work have to his attacking work? Seemed today we were wanting Wells/Semenyo to get cut backs into the box or if they would work the opportunity cut inside, you aren’t going to get masses of prime shooting chances from that. Nahki didn’t play badly by any stretched but was just sacrificed for the 352 as Antoine was having a better game.

Son and Kane are scoring goals ?

If he's spending more time in the left back position rather than up top, of course that has a baring.

What a strange post......

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Christ his social media activity is a sign someone is happy,give it a bleeding rest son 

Exactly that, happy at QPR.

I’m not knocking the fella, look at my previous posts, I just don’t think he’s absolutely enamoured to be here. He might have been sold it by his agent, or just wanted out of Burnley, who knows. But at the moment on form, with 3 up top with Fam, Martin and Semenyo all fit, would you really start him?

Just now, bexhill reds said:

I’m not knocking the fella, look at my previous posts, I just don’t think he’s absolutely enamoured to be here. He might have been sold it by his agent, or just wanted out of Burnley, who knows. But at the moment on form, with 3 up top with Fam, Martin and Semenyo all fit, would you really start him?

Pointless guessing if he is happy here or not. We don’t know so nobody can comment.  

1 minute ago, BCFC Grim said:

Son and Kane are scoring goals ?

If he's spending more time in the left back position rather than up top, of course that has a baring.

What a strange post......

The point is they still do the defensive work and can get forward and score goals, one doesn't stop the other, perhaps Nahki on transition needs looking at? Out of possession we were playing 4141 not 433 so naturally out of possession Wells in going to be closer to Dasilva, same way Semenyo was tracking runners back on his side.

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m impressed by the psychologists in this thread who know how Wells feels by his social media.

Fact is, social media as a whole is a farce. The people most active who post how great their life is tend to be the most unhappy. If you like your tea, you eat the bugger, you don’t send a photo of it to strangers.

As for NW himself, a few things:

- I think he is undoubtedly putting a shift in. It’s not his natural game, but he is playing out of position (slightly) and working hard. Not sure how he can be slated there

- Yes, he gets frustrated when subbed. But he also gets frustrated on the pitch (today when Hunt crossed and Semenyo headed he was narked as if Antoine had left it he had a great opportunity). He wants to score, he wants to win. I don’t see that as a negative, and it’s certainly not the act of someone who doesn’t care and wants to be at QPR

- If you take the two above together, you have a player doing a job for the team who wants the team to win. 

Do I think he’s been great? Nope. Do I think he’s been professional? Yes. Do I think he’s doing his best for the team? Yes.

Lay off on the amateur psychology. He’s doing fine.

Whether you like it or not, use of social media these days is beyond the level of a picture of your sausage and chips for tea. Most big companies have a little dabble in to social media feeds when background screening someone for a job, Marcus Rashford got 2 Gov u-turns using it, and Donald is trying to remain president through it.

I don’t think you can argue that Wells wasn’t happy living in London, he was playing in a team that he had clearly bonded with and scoring goals.

whether he’ll be an out and out success here is another question, is it right player wrong system or right system wrong player? He is a proven goal scorer which is why he’s always had clubs knocking on his door. 

Personally I remain unconvinced, but it’s all about opinions.

20 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Assuming all four fit and in form and it’s a one game selection, then yes...every day of the week.  None of the others are goalscorers in his mould.  None of the others play on the shoulder or run in behind naturally.

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He would probably rather be up front on his own in a 4231 with Pato or that type in behind. So I expect he isn't entirely happy. But I've always thought he works hard even if we haven't ever played him in his best role.

I think he is happy with a bigger / more physical player alongside him too.  He played well with Hanson at Bradford, him and Hugill weren’t too bad either.  Sand him and Martin weren’t too shabby either earlier this season.

Ultimately, if we create chances for him, he’ll score goals.

I wished a couple of chances had fallen his way today.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Assuming all four fit and in form and it’s a one game selection, then yes...every day of the week.  None of the others are goalscorers in his mould.  None of the others play on the shoulder or run in behind naturally.

I think he is happy with a bigger / more physical player alongside him too.  He played well with Hanson at Bradford, him and Hugill weren’t too bad either.  Sand him and Martin weren’t too shabby either earlier this season.

Ultimately, if we create chances for him, he’ll score goals.

I wished a couple of chances had fallen his way today.

Yes, I probably should have added fit and in form to my question and not just fit.

If we can find a way to get him scoring regularly and he returns the 20 goal a season player that he has been then we’ll do well. I genuinely want the fella to succeed.

12 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Whether you like it or not, use of social media these days is beyond the level of a picture of your sausage and chips for tea. Most big companies have a little dabble in to social media feeds when background screening someone for a job, Marcus Rashford got 2 Gov u-turns using it, and Donald is trying to remain president through it.

I don’t think you can argue that Wells wasn’t happy living in London, he was playing in a team that he had clearly bonded with and scoring goals.

whether he’ll be an out and out success here is another question, is it right player wrong system or right system wrong player? He is a proven goal scorer which is why he’s always had clubs knocking on his door. 

Personally I remain unconvinced, but it’s all about opinions.

I think we can agree he was happy in London. That’s a different question to whether he’s happy here. Social media wise, I think you’ll find he likes and retweet’s a lot of the clubs output - and I could quite easily say that’s proof he’s happy here.

The question as to whether he’ll be successful here is totally different to whether he feels he’s been torn away from QPR, and basing such conclusions on social media is ridiculous. 

I’m happy to debate if he’s the best fit for us or this system (personally I think it was an odd buy in view of how we play, but he has done well enough for me to not say he’s been a flop to date), but the social media conclusions are just rubbish.

I’m not Italian American and don’t wear a pompadour wig. It’s all nonsense so let’s just stick to objective facts?

Archived