IGNORED

just a reminder that Fulham v Everton is FREE on BBC1

Never to the dark side

Might just be me but are Everton the most bland team in football?

Have they won anything in 20 years?  When I was growing up, they got to FA Cup finals and were near the top but never quite as good as Liverpool.

Now, they just seem to settle into mid-table obscurity.  Not worth disliking (like stroppy Villa and Leeds), or too good to make me jealous (ManX, Chelsea etc.), just, well, anonymous.

Ps Yes, I guess we are the Everton of the Championship...

18 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Have they won anything in 20 years?  When I was growing up, they got to FA Cup finals and were near the top but never quite as good as Liverpool.

Now, they just seem to settle into mid-table obscurity.  Not worth disliking (like stroppy Villa and Leeds), or too good to make me jealous (ManX, Chelsea etc.), just, well, anonymous.

When people talk of the top four . I always think of it in league titles. Fourth on that list behind the mancs, Liverpool and arsenal is Everton . You’re right though, they haven’t won anything since the fa cup in 95. Had a brilliant team in the mid 80’s though when the won the league twice and the European cup winners cup 

21 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

When people talk of the top four . I always think of it in league titles. Fourth on that list behind the mancs, Liverpool and arsenal is Everton . You’re right though, they haven’t won anything since the fa cup in 95. Had a brilliant team in the mid 80’s though when the won the league twice and the European cup winners cup 

The English teams being banned from Europe hit them more than most. Real possibility they'd have won a European Cup with that team.

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

You missed the period then , when they were the best team in England but missed out on European Glories due to the Heysel Ban 

3 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

You missed the period then , when they were the best team in England but missed out on European Glories due to the Heysel Ban 

I'm not saying they haven't been a "good" team but currently (aka the last 30 years) they seem to be the soft, tasteless toffee of confectionary.  Neither offensive, nor appealing.

Archived